Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Trade Hub in Mesozoic

Another build from when de Gothia was in Mesozoic. 

This time it´s a trade hub outside of the great capital. The big animals helps out with taking goods and people to different places in the great land. 

C&C as always welcome

30861263337_3350672365.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

One of these days I'm just going to have to bit the bullet and get myself some dinos! :grin:  Another very nice build, dG, and the Mesozoic vibe is very recognizable!  Great job making all your builds there nicely cohesive :thumbup:

The colors of this build are so nice, I really like the awnings and flowers.  Great to see more of Mesozoic! :thumbup: 

Lovely warm colors. I’ll have to read that dinotopia book you mentioned before. These Lego builds are a great advert for it!

Glad you're still building in Mesozoic!  The bright green leaves really make the trees pop out and the planter boxes give some balance to that by carrying the green throughout.  Nice build!

One picture?  Seriously?  C'mon, that build is awesome!  I want more!  Seriously, it's a great build.  I love the incorporation of the camper awnings, the terracotta roof, the great use of the flesh/dark orange combo for the ground level, and of course, the dinos.  I think that you and Little John are really the epitome of the Kaliphlin builds, what I think of when I think of the Kaliphlin cities (although this is across the sea?).  Great job!

PS - I love the Kaliphlin Mesozoic Dumbledore.

Edited by Grover

Very nice build with some very pleasant colours. Really liking the roof to the right there, nice job! 

Very nice, dG! You know I love the Dinotopia references, and the roof is nicely done. The awnings are excellent, too. The two things I think could use some work are the ground, which seems a bit spare by your standards, and the top of the left building, above the awnings, where the studs are left exposed. The figs are a real treat, though, and the vegetation is quite nice. 

@Grover: de Gothia is 100% Avalonian, not Kaliphlinian! And Mesozoic is far off across the sea, a safe haven, not in Kaliphlin. It just looks a bit like Kaliphlin. 

@Muakhah: you should read Dinotopia; it was the highlight of my childhood, and still one of my personal favorites!

This build causes instant happiness! :wub: The colours, the awnings, the flowers and plants; love it! Nice use of the CMF flower costume there! 

Great build.  Love the colors, the roof and the canopies are nice.  I like the use of the lanterns.  I like the  checkered floor.  And of course the figs are very cool.  

8 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

@Grover: de Gothia is 100% Avalonian, not Kaliphlinian! And Mesozoic is far off across the sea, a safe haven, not in Kaliphlin. It just looks a bit like Kaliphlin.

I thought dG built in Kali and some of the other realms from time to time (as a lot of folks here do), although I realize he is Avalonian (thank goodness, too, because I'm not sure we could keep up with his builds).  And Mesozoic totally looks like Kali, although you are right, it was my mistake that I thought it was actually in Kali.  Very cool nonetheless.

Thanks guys!

The unfinished touch on the left building is the result of me wanted to make a different touch to all the walls and grebbling thing :) But I get your point HQ. 

I love the Dinotopia as well! Read that book so much as a kid and now for my own kids... :wub:

Wonderfully vibrant colors :wub::wub: The flower boxes and awnings add a lot to the build, and the floor tiling in two shades of blue looks lovely :thumbup:
After seeing all of your Mesozoic builds, John and I are going to have to get the Dinotopia book(s?) at some point :laugh:

I really enjoy your Mesozoic builds. The colour palate you have used is great and I really like the awning over the building on the left. Also dinosaurs make everything cooler! I'm pretty sure one day I would like to build in Mesozoic! 

@de Gothia, you should make an HSS entry for Mesozoic, and other people could add builds here or there if they have the hankering for some dino action! You have already built what, three? four? large builds that would probably get it close to Hamlet status right off the bat.

Lovely build. I didn't think blue (pavement) could go well with flesh - you proved me wrong :thumbup:

Say, I think I've missed some of dG's story - is there any sort of link I can follow to read back what happened to him? Example: why/when was he in Mesozoic instead of Sionnach?

I really like the setting you have created with your dinosaurs :thumbup:
My favorite part of this build is the house to the right with the mix of tan and mdf/dark orange.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:51 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

@de Gothia, you should make an HSS entry for Mesozoic, and other people could add builds here or there if they have the hankering for some dino action! You have already built what, three? four? large builds that would probably get it close to Hamlet status right off the bat.

I second that!