Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Oh my god... these minifigures looks amazing! I’ve been looking forward for so long and there two might end up being some of my favorites in the series. The bear looks surprisingly good even though I like colorful figs (like Npop girl from ninjago series) and the undead knight looks better than I could have imagined. It’s like what myself and many people have been waiting for (as series 15’s knight didn’t do it for me). 

If the rest of the figs turn out this good. 

26 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Yes it does.

I have to side with J4ck here.
That is clearly a stolen property and you just gave that guy money for items he stole.
For making a review earlier? We "love" leaks, but that hurts TLG. 
If you are a fan, you shouldn't do that.
I personally stopped sharing leaks as soon as I understood that it was hypocritical: being a fan means that I shouldn't hurt whatever thing I'm fan of.

TLG surely doesn't want me leaking, so I won't leak anymore, that said I had mixed feelings but I would really welcome a severe cease on these leaks.
I'd welcome TLG to share info about their plans in a timely manner, but I'd also welcome those guys that break TLG's rules to stop it.

@J4ck please, we did had the discussion before. Just from beeing sold early, there‘s no indication of theft. The ideas treehouse was sold in Legoland Discovery Centers and still isn‘t released yet officially. 

So please, let‘s not have the discussion all over again. Everyone in here should be morally old enough to decide what he buys or not. 

I agree, in this case it might not be legit, though. 

Edited by julesvincent

Is there any chance, these could be fakes?

I am happy for everyone, who likes these figures... but i am shocked to be honest. The normal Panda suit from the TLM series is one of my favourite figures on Display, but i don´t know what to say about this one... I don´t know, if the rainbow tile is new. If not, the in my opinion terrible bear figure becomes even more lame. If it is new, the bear seems to me like a greedy abuse of the cmf budget for new accessory moulds to save money introducing a new building brick, which had to be released anyway... The knight´s shield print is ok, i guess, but the whole figure looks like it was build at a very bad minifigure station with no fitting or usefull parts left :/ I was collecting the numbered cmf line until now. Sometimes there was a figure i did not like that much like but i bought it to have the complete set. It was one figure per series at worst and i allways thought it was at least "ok". These are the first two, which are just ugly to me... I guess my "collector days" are over... :(

Interesting figures! I am not so fussed about the rainbow teddy bear, it looks to me like there was an accident in the paint shop.  But I really like the idea of a ghostly knight, the armour has fantastic detailing and the face has a really fun demonic grin. But why a trans-blue ghostly sword, if the rest of the armour is solid?

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I have to side with J4ck here.
That is clearly a stolen property and you just gave that guy money for items he stole.
For making a review earlier? We "love" leaks, but that hurts TLG. 
If you are a fan, you shouldn't do that.
I personally stopped sharing leaks as soon as I understood that it was hypocritical: being a fan means that I shouldn't hurt whatever thing I'm fan of.

TLG surely doesn't want me leaking, so I won't leak anymore, that said I had mixed feelings but I would really welcome a severe cease on these leaks.
I'd welcome TLG to share info about their plans in a timely manner, but I'd also welcome those guys that break TLG's rules to stop it.

Wow. I look at and enjoy leaks if they are released but at the same time I wouldn’t miss them one bit if none ever come about again. I remember the days I wanted to be a leaker too.

1 hour ago, julesvincent said:

@J4ck please, we did had the discussion before. Just from beeing sold early, there‘s no indication of theft. The ideas treehouse was sold in Legoland Discovery Centers and still isn‘t released yet officially. 

So please, let‘s not have the discussion all over again. Everyone in here should be morally old enough to decide what he buys or not. 

I agree, in this case it might not be legit, though. 

No. Some people only want to buy them early so they can get their 60 seconds of fame. I can understand if people want to boost their channel but there is a right way to do it and this isn’t it.

From the earlier speculation about the bear, could this series be tributes to longtime LEGO employees? Does anyone know who the principle designers were on Fright Knights? Is it likely that the new 'Basil' might have come from an early concept that got scrapped because it wasn't technically possible then?

More thoughts on the matter:

-So this "Care Bear" Guy is the animal costume this time around, considering there is only one per regular series.  The absence of Fox Suit Girl makes me think TLM2 S2 might happen after all. 

-The leaflet is totally the new one used in the TLM2 and Disney 2 series

-The colors might look a bit odd because of the contrast with the background. By the way, not a fan the color they chose for the series. 

-Sadly, they chose probably my least favorite mask to recolor: full masks don't look cute or funny, they look creepy, and this one is not exception. But of course I'm getting it

-Undead Knight being one of the Fright Knights is a nice touch. And that seems to be the old sword mold, right?

Edited by Robert8

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

-So this "Care Bear" Guy is the animal costume this time around, considering there is only one per regular series.  The absence of Fox Suit Girl makes me think TLM2 S2 might happen after all

I’d rather have the Fox suit .

the Knight is great but I would have preferred the helmet from the kingdoms sets.

11 minutes ago, leafan said:

YES!!!!!

Yes 

I faintly remember a partial list that popped up a while ago and vanished just as quickly. Were these two on there? 

Either way, they both look good, but I’m also not too fond of the series’ colour. Why lime again? :hmpf_bad:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I faintly remember a partial list that popped up a while ago and vanished just as quickly. Were these two on there? 

Either way, they both look good, but I’m also not too fond of the series’ colour. Why lime again? :hmpf_bad:

Have we ever had purple? That would look nice for a future series.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

No. They were not. Neither was the Rugby Player

Just now, J4ck said:

Has that been confirmed?

No, but a this point it has to be for Series 19, considering he was a new mold, and everything for City is already revealed (except the Winter Village set)

24 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Has that been confirmed?

not the player himself but the printed new bugby ball accessory leaked

53 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

What a tease. Whoever took these pictures had access to the whole leaflet!

Brother from Another Brick told me he asked them for the whole list or pic of the leaflet!

The video could be up at any moment now! I've been refreshing his You Tube page for hours now. lol

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Brother from Another Brick told me he asked them for the whole list or pic of the leaflet!

The video could be up at any moment now! I've been refreshing his You Tube page for hours now. lol

Did he say if the eBay seller sent the pic?

Edited by K_Tiger

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh snap! Hope it comes soon!

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Sadly, they chose probably my least favorite mask to recolor: full masks don't look cute or funny, they look creepy, and this one is not exception.

Eh, I personally can tolerate the full masked "costumed" CMFs just a little more since it's not as immediately apparent that they're such. To me, they're just a little closer to actual anthropomorphic animals at first glance rather than just being straight-up Furries.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

More thoughts on the matter:

-So this "Care Bear" Guy is the animal costume this time around, considering there is only one per regular series.  The absence of Fox Suit Girl makes me think TLM2 S2 might happen after all. 

-The leaflet is totally the new one used in the TLM2 and Disney 2 series

-The colors might look a bit odd because of the contrast with the background. By the way, not a fan the color they chose for the series. 

-Sadly, they chose probably my least favorite mask to recolor: full masks don't look cute or funny, they look creepy, and this one is not exception. But of course I'm getting it

-Undead Knight being one of the Fright Knights is a nice touch. And that seems to be the old sword mold, right?

No that's the newer broad sword mold.  It's the same sword the good knight from CMF had.  The knights printing does look excellent. I will be getting a lot of this knight for the armor and printed legs alone.  I hope the torso is printed as good as the armor.  

Ah the wait is almost over i guess. So far not really blown away with these two figs. 

I’m sure the knight will find its way in peoples castle Mocs, but also in Scooby/ghostbusters mocs as well. Why not even in a haunted city museum? I’d like to see the faceprint better  

The care bear to me is a miss. I’m not feeling it and i do love me some 80ies toys. The rainbow is cool though. 

Edited by Borex

That knight is awesome, although I already know a better head to swap for its current one and the helmet could be better. But that's minifigs for ya, just change elements. The rest, such as the fright knights shield, is really cool.

Now, release an updated Basil the Batlord next...

11 hours ago, J4ck said:

Wow. I look at and enjoy leaks if they are released but at the same time I wouldn’t miss them one bit if none ever come about again. I remember the days I wanted to be a leaker too.

No. Some people only want to buy them early so they can get their 60 seconds of fame. I can understand if people want to boost their channel but there is a right way to do it and this isn’t it.

Some time ago I just said that leaks can help me understand and plan what to buy and what not. Actually, that's not even true as there is no difference in knowing one month earlier or 40 days earlier.
I agree that the reason may be having 60 seconds of fame, but to which avail? I've had mine, and that sounds pretty useless in the end. I was able to see retailer catalogs (and still I am) months before the sets come out, but then I only had false friends, people remembering of mine only when it was the time the catalogs could be out and vanishing for the rest of it.
My facebook leaking page was shot down long before I even had a considerable number of fans, and I can say in the end that they did the right thing.

While I can agree that discussing about leaks (as mere speculation) is funny as we usually do not have anything real to discuss about, and many rumours are then proved fakes, there's a line I think shouldn't be crossed, like e.g. buying those minifigures. Since series 1 there's been written on the boxes "Do not put on the shelves before XX/XX" I still have many of these brown boxes with those sigils. I have no reasons to believe that this time it's an entirely different situation in which TLG allowed some special stores to sell them, and, also, there's no trace of this physical store around.

I think that saying that those minifigures haven't been stolen is pretty naive or disingenuous.

On the other hand, I don't see why TLG keeps the mistery over 16 minifigures that are going to be sold in just 40 days. I mean, they will have their reasons, but I frankly cannot think of something.

Now, this is quite steering away from the actual discussion so I won't add and I don't want to sound hateful or something, just if there are rules, let's play within them.