Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

They shouldn't be too hard

I agree the new vehicle designs are great, I especially like the Starfortress' design (even though Y-Wing's are about a lot more effective due to their smaller size and shape). I don't really know why but the design just looks cool! My main problem is how even though there are new designs they aren't used much, like the Starfortress' appearing out of nowhere never to be seen again after said scene. They should use their newly designed ships a little more than the OT designs imo

1. They'd have to at least partially redesign the star destroyer build they've been doing to get that design, both the 214 and 2017 wouldn't be able to fit the cannon and still be able to be placed down without breaking without changing the skeleton of the set.

2. It's true that a lot of designs only have one scene, like the resistance transports. However, sometimes there's good reason, as in the starfortresses all being destroyed (RIP Paige Tico and FInch Dallow)

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree, I would rather get an Imperial TIE Interceptor but I also wouldn’t mind the new FO version. I don’t like Vonreg’s, I think it’s ugly. Plus we still need an updated TIE Bomber. Also, it’s a crime they didn’t make a TIE Defender set from Rebels season 4.

I agree, the interceptor and bomber are way overdue, and the tie defender would have been a great set. I recently sold my copy of the 2010 one as I couldn't figure out how to mod it to today's TIE standard without starting over from scratch, and the fact that the Imperial interceptors and bombers have blue instead of grey tells you how badly we need a remake.

27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Really all I would want from Resistance is Commander Pyre. I don’t really care about very many other characters. They aren’t interesting enough to me

I’m actually pretty bummed that neither of the new Ben Kenobi minifigures have leg printing. I thought we were past this with Star Wars, at least for the Jedi

Pyre would be great. Also, I'm annoyed that kenobi has no leg printing, but I may still get the set since I got the other $20-30 death star one. It'd be nice to see if they do more if they can be modified to all combine, or I may just try to aggresivly jam them into my death star. 

Resistance never really found its fanbase the way The Clone Wars and even Rebels did. Now the show is ending almost as soon as it started. I can see why Lego hasn't released much product for it and don't expect to see much more. Even Hasbro seems to have given up on it.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s a crime they didn’t release ANY sets based on season 4 :sad: Or most of season 3, for that matter. I’m glad we got Thrawn and blind Kanan out of the one S3 set, but there’s so much more they could have drawn from... Same goes for Resistance

I agree: it is a shame. But if it had not been for Thrawn, and the extreme appeal this minifig has to most SW AFOLs, we probably would not have seen any more Rebels set. Too bad the TIE Defender was not introduced earlier; I am 100% sure Lego would have released Thrawn in a TIE Defender set. And that would have been glorious. I mean, Thrawn, Vult Skerris with his specially marked helmet and flight suit, maybe even Imperial Wedge... the lost opportunities. :sad:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Resistance never really found its fanbase the way The Clone Wars and even Rebels did. Now the show is ending almost as soon as it started. I can see why Lego hasn't released much product for it and don't expect to see much more. Even Hasbro seems to have given up on it.

At a SDCC panel Hasbro directly said they have no plans for Resistance anymore. Considering what Season 2 appears to offer this decision is telling a lot.

And by including the main protagonist in a 'villian set' Lego also basically told everyone there will be no more sets, at least not in the near future.

Since The Mandalorian seems to be the next big thing in Star Wars, I don't think Resistance has much of a chance though. I guess that's it for Lego Resistance sets. Yeah, The Mandalorian may be for another age group but that won't stop Lego. And seeing how this show's trailer reignited my SW love, I am ok with it taking over.

Yes, getting sets from The Mandalorian is fantastic, and hopefully it’s a sign of more Disney+ sets to follow, for both Star Wars and MCU. Isn’t there supposed to be a second Mandalorian set in January 2020? Maybe that’s an old rumor, I’m not sure anymore. 

37 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, getting sets from The Mandalorian is fantastic, and hopefully it’s a sign of more Disney+ sets to follow, for both Star Wars and MCU. Isn’t there supposed to be a second Mandalorian set in January 2020? Maybe that’s an old rumor, I’m not sure anymore. 

There’s a rumour that there’ll be a battle pack. There could be more sets besides the battle pack, though. 

Here's the full list of set numbers for the year:

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#lego-star-wars-2020

75263 Ferry Microfighter
75264 Tram Microfighter
75265 Bantha vs. Skyhopper Microfighter
75266 Bruges Battle Pack ("Bruges Red" is the codename Hasbro used for the Sith Trooper)
75267 Project Huckleberry Battle Pack ("Project Huckleberry" is a codename used for The Mandalorian)
75268 Snowspeeder (4+)
75269 Obi-Wan vs Anakin
75270 Obi-Wan's Hut
75271 Luke's Landspeeder
75272 Cab (Saw a post on Instagram a few days ago claiming this one is the TIE Dagger but have no idea if the source is reliable or not)
75273 Taxi (Same post claiming this one is a new Resistance X-Wing)
75274 SW_2020_12 (No other details. If there is a second Mandalorian set in the Winter wave this would be the one)

75275 D2C Set (UCS/MBS)
75276 New Adult White (16+)
75277 New Adult Green (16+)
75278 BB Character

75279 SW_2020_17
75280 SW_2020_18
75181 SW_2020_19
75182 SW_2020_20
75283 SW_2020_21
75284 SW_2020_22
75285 SW_2020_23
75286 SW_2020_24
75287 SW_2020_25
75288 SW_2020_26
75291 SW_2020 MDP

A TIE Dagger and a new Resistance X-Wing would both be cool additions (especially if the latter was Poe’s new orange one) :sweet: I wonder how they would get the Dagger to balance though... or are we supposed to display it with the cockpit facing the floor :grin: And the codename of one of the battlepacks does indeed heavily imply Sith troopers.

I hope there’s at least one more TROS set in that wave, preferably location-based (à la Takodana or Ahch-to), to make up for the reduced amount of sets this wave :tongue:

On 8/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, ginja said:

I dunno. Theres the b wings which will be new/updated.

Oh, oops. Guess I haven't been paying attention to the trailer all that well :blush:

On 8/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Easy wave 2 figure, if they revealed it as early as august.

I guess, but if you ask me it could also be easily made purist custom. Though I realize that's not the point for most people.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

75274 SW_2020_12 (No other details. If there is a second Mandalorian set in the Winter wave this would be the one)

Ooh, that'd be neat! I'd like that, no matter what it is. Though most likely his ship :smug:

Regards,
Mitch

7 hours ago, wesker said:

75278 BB Character

I'm guessing these are just the two 2020 UCS/MBS plus a brick-built character. Do "white" and "green" mean anything or are they just red herrings?

Ok, I knew that list, I just wasn’t sure if it was still legit. Nice, so it is likely we’ll get a Sith Trooper battle pack, I figured we would anyway. Mandalorian battle pack is nice, probably just other bounty hunters from the series. Hopefully there will be more TROS sets, there doesn’t seem to be many on the list

Also, where is the TIE Dagger from? Is it going to be in TROS?

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wonder how they would get the Dagger to balance though... or are we supposed to display it with the cockpit facing the floor :grin:

There could be a swivel mechanism to turn the wings up, simulating a landing mode.

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Also, where is the TIE Dagger from? Is it going to be in TROS?

Yes, it is on the on the cover of the visiual dictionary.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Rise_of_Skywalker:_The_Visual_Dictionary

46 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Mandalorian battle pack is nice, probably just other bounty hunters from the series.

Or Stormies with worn-down armour along with Death Troopers since they seem to be quite central to the proceedings, at least judging by the trailers :wink:

Or better yet: a random assortment of OT aliens :grin: ...just kidding, the mould budget wouldn’t allow it.

23 minutes ago, Flieger said:

There could be a swivel mechanism to turn the wings up, simulating a landing mode.

That’s actually a good idea :thumbup: Since the backside of the wings is completely flat, it could work like that

11 hours ago, wesker said:

75263 Ferry Microfighter
75264 Tram Microfighter
75266 Bruges Battle Pack ("Bruges Red" is the codename Hasbro used for the Sith Trooper)
75267 Project Huckleberry Battle Pack ("Project Huckleberry" is a codename used for The Mandalorian)
75268 Snowspeeder (4+)
75269 Obi-Wan vs Anakin
75270 Obi-Wan's Hut
75271 Luke's Landspeeder
75272 Cab (Saw a post on Instagram a few days ago claiming this one is the TIE Dagger but have no idea if the source is reliable or not)
75273 Taxi (Same post claiming this one is a new Resistance X-Wing)

75275 D2C Set (UCS/MBS)
75278 BB Character

75279 SW_2020_17
75280 SW_2020_18
75181 SW_2020_19
75182 SW_2020_20
75283 SW_2020_21
75284 SW_2020_22
75285 SW_2020_23
75286 SW_2020_24
75287 SW_2020_25
75288 SW_2020_26
75291 SW_2020 MDP

I be suprised if there is no location set, but there were none in Solo either, so not impossible.

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s a crime they didn’t release ANY sets based on season 4 :sad: Or most of season 3, for that matter. I’m glad we got Thrawn and blind Kanan out of the one S3 set, but there’s so much more they could have drawn from... Same goes for Resistance

The viewership for the show dropped dramatically after season 1, retailers wanted nothing to do with Rebels. The associated products sold quite badly. 

Sure it had cool designs but it's understandable why they didn't produce that many sets.

Hey at least we have lego Thrawn. 

5 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

The viewership for the show dropped dramatically after season 1, retailers wanted nothing to do with Rebels.

Which is pretty sad, because the show improved a lot after Season 1. But I think the main thing this show had for it was how it wasn't targeted at children only, which is Resistances main problem. The only problem I had with Rebels after season 1 was how they handled killing Stormtroopers, getting your blaster kicked out of your hand doesn't mean you have to die... at least in Clone Wars the jedi weren't afraid of using their lightsabers

16 hours ago, wesker said:

75263 Ferry Microfighter
75264 Tram Microfighter
75268 Snowspeeder (4+)
75269 Obi-Wan vs Anakin

Just going to focus on the new or not yet revealed named and codenamed ones.

Obi-wan vs anakin has to be mustafar duel, very exciting

bantha vs skyhopper is such a weird idea for what's supposed to be iconic ships but hey, a bantha!

Bruges has got to be the sith trooper battlepack, which in my opinion lowers the value of that shuttle.

Not sure what huckleberry could be, either massable scum (which could be cool) or more death troopers/broken, undisciplined stormtroopers like in the empires end book.

And finally I hope that that possible second mandalorian full set is the razorcrest and has ig-11 and space werner herzog.

5 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

The viewership for the show dropped dramatically after season 1, retailers wanted nothing to do with Rebels. The associated products sold quite badly. 

viewership decreased as quality increased...:sad:

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Bruges has got to be the sith trooper battlepack, which in my opinion lowers the value of that shuttle.

Pryde and the two Knights of Ren included in the set will be exclusive to it for a veeeeeery long time, so there's still a lot of value to the shuttle minifig-wise :grin: Massable minifigs like the Sith troopers aren't something you can keep exclusive to a single set, especially of that size

Edited by Lego-Freak

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Obi-wan vs anakin has to be mustafar duel, very exciting

Not sure what huckleberry could be, either massable scum (which could be cool) or more death troopers/broken, undisciplined stormtroopers like in the empires end book.

Obi vs. Ani set is confirmed to be the Mustafar Duel, faces leaked for this set :wink:

Red Bruges is the codename for Sith Troopers, so Bruges could be regular Stormtroopers, but fingers crossed it's not. Even if we get Sith Trooper battle pack, they will probably change their design a little, just like they did with Death Troopers.

Huckleberry is the Mandalorian battle pack.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Pryde and the two Knights of Ren included in the set will be exclusive to it for a veeeeeery long time, so there's still a lot of value to the shuttle minifig-wise :grin: Massable minifigs like the Sith troopers aren't something you can keep exclusive to a single set, especially of that size

I meant to say the sith trooper's value online will be lower than had he been shuttle exclusive

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Obi vs. Ani set is confirmed to be the Mustafar Duel, faces leaked for this set :wink:

Red Bruges is the codename for Sith Troopers, so Bruges could be regular Stormtroopers, but fingers crossed it's not. Even if we get Sith Trooper battle pack, they will probably change their design a little, just like they did with Death Troopers.

Huckleberry is the Mandalorian battle pack.

1. That slipped my mind.

2. I find it highly unlikely we won't get a battle pack with sith troopers soon, but I agree it won't be the exact same. As far as we know they lack any variation like death troopers had, and have no pauldrons to remove, so the only major change I can think of is that they'll just continue giving them stud shooters making us buy the parts for the accurate gun on bricklink.

3. I know, I was saying what it could be as in what figures, as we don't know any exclusive mandalorian show trooper variants

1 hour ago, Makin Bacon said:

I hope the mandolorian bp has one of the imperial flametroopers with the red armor

Did i miss something? The only imp flametroopers that are canon I can think of were in the fallen order preview, and with white armor not red. Do you mean the non-canon force unleashed ones, were they in that special look at the mandalorian at celebration?

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Did i miss something? The only imp flametroopers that are canon I can think of were in the fallen order preview, and with white armor not red. Do you mean the non-canon force unleashed ones, were they in that special look at the mandalorian at celebration?

They were, very likely thanks to the 501st cast members who were brought in to fill out the troop ranks.

Edited by AManofNoConsequence

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Force Unleashed ones are now canon and will be appearing on the show. You can see them in the leaked episode sneak peak on Youtube.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

The Force Unleashed ones are now canon and will be appearing on the show. You can see them in the leaked episode sneak peak on Youtube.

I see.

59 minutes ago, wesker said:

Well now I NEED them as minifigures. I really hope Disney+ sets sell really well so they make more. I k is there will be a lot of characters in the Kenobi series I’m gonna want really badly