2 minutes ago, Bricktrain said:

I have heard rumours of a large remote control excavator with 4 motors. And a price tag which is as big as the set.

I'd prefer this. The car carrier would serve better as a mid-range model ($180ish).

Well, surely there's got to come something in 2019 2H that uses those yellow 14t sprockets from the tracked racer.

A car transporter or a spider crane isn't going to use those.

7 minutes ago, siddparkar said:

It could be something like this

No mate, it needs AT LEAST 10 more levels.

I think the car transporter will include at least one generic car to demonstrate how it works. It may be a recolored Corvette or its B model, like the way 42055 includes a recolored 42035.

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the car transporter will include at least one generic car to demonstrate how it works. It may be a recolored Corvette or its B model, like the way 42055 includes a recolored 42035.

I really like this idea, and agree it could be possible, but I don't think 2500 parts is enough for that given the Corvette is about 500 already? It would have to be pretty big and they're tending to make things a lot more dense nowadays (particularly if it's Milan - lots of great form locking :)

Back to 2019 1H, I've just realized that the white pin hole with axle in the landing axle in this

44548432360_1d9cf3fd86_b.jpg

should have switched place with the black version in the hood of this

45605174874_0f69dbf3d8_b.jpg

24 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@Ngoc Nguyen I was thinking the exact same thing just the other day; it’s very perplexing...

I think TLG kept connectors color coded in Porsche, to keep people from mixing the ones with axle hole from ones with pinhole. 

It is mentioned there will be two 2H models, what if these two is only two out of three. Perhaps the flagship is, as some have suggested, a huge motorized excavator, using the new sprocket. After all, 2500 pieces is kinda modest for a flagship these days, unless it is "PF heavy".

Speculating further, perhaps TLG wants to release a big showcase technic set for the upcoming PU. It would then be 9 years since last big excavator (excluding 42006, 42053 and the BWE).

Edited by kolbjha

I wonder if the Car Transporter might bring back the MB license? although I guess there is no real need to pay a license on this type of model.  

surely another co project with Volvo Construction Equipment?  Maybe a monster EC750E - Hopefully they will make a new bucket if this is true.

and there must be plans to put to use those new pneumatic switches from 2018 with the axle hole to allow remote motorised control.  There is no way they were soley made for that logging machine from this year.

Edited by paul_delahaye

As much as ide love to discuss my thoughts on these rumours here, as they are only rumours, and as my thoughts are not news, I thought it better to share my thoughts in the future set wish topic, though if a mod feels it belongs here they are free to move it of course.

6 minutes ago, Jockos said:

I hope we'll see a beast both in function and partwise

Me too! A 4 motor monster with new track parts would be excellent... (rubber tracks would make me pass out)

8043 is still one of my favourites, so a bulldozer/excavator/loader on a bigger scale would be amazing.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

@Ngoc Nguyen I was thinking the exact same thing just the other day; it’s very perplexing...

People might get confused with the white pin with pin hole, considering they are very similar. 

40 minutes ago, allanp said:

As much as ide love to discuss my thoughts on these rumours here, as they are only rumours, and as my thoughts are not news, I thought it better to share my thoughts in the future set wish topic, though if a mod feels it belongs here they are free to move it of course.

Thanks!

Let’s indeed not turn this into a wish list topic.

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I think TLG kept connectors color coded in Porsche, to keep people from mixing the ones with axle hole from ones with pinhole. 

I know that makes my situation more complicated because I need only one black connector and it does not come in cheap / small set.

14 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Well, surely there's got to come something in 2019 2H that uses those yellow 14t sprockets from the tracked racer.

A car transporter or a spider crane isn't going to use those.

Spider crane actually uses caterpillars and based in parts number, there will be smallest sprockets used...but let's be surprised.

If the excavator uses 4 motors, then we can expect a model like 8043 with a gearbox, but I suppose we would see L motors and wave switcher parts to switch between 6 functions.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:31 PM, dimaks13 said:

There's spider crande and car transporter in 2H. Not completly sure, but... It seems only two sets.

Now Your RADAR is Scanning Again 

I believe in you 99.99%

hope you spread more knowledge 

Just now, efferman said:

could it be the spider crane and the car transporter are models to be released in March?

We would have had info on them much earlier then.

Edited by dimaks13

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

If the excavator uses 4 motors, then we can expect a model like 8043 with a gearbox, but I suppose we would see L motors and wave switcher parts to switch between 6 functions.

Using two wave selectors, one servo can switch between three functions. That gives a maximum of 9 functions if there are 3 more motors in the set.

24 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Using two wave selectors, one servo can switch between three functions. That gives a maximum of 9 functions if there are 3 more motors in the set.

But that means you have to constantly hold the control for servo.

Unless the lever is mounted in some assembly with friction. Of course, that, however, has the disadvantage of draining the remote's batteries quicker.

8 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Unless the lever is mounted in some assembly with friction. Of course, that, however, has the disadvantage of draining the remote's batteries quicker.

Yes, and kids can forget to turn it off and drain batteries. But if they are using PU, servo motor triggering can be done in app.