Frostbricks

[MOC] Food Stand Diners (One for the Rollercoaster fans)

The fabulous Fernando Brothers are known for their fine cuisine; and their fun food shacks are the perfect place for a family party.

These three food stands started as a simple idea; to make something that looked like life-size food, and that fit into a minifig scale diorama. I've shared it on LEGO Ideas ( https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2fae905f-71cb-450a-a4ef-827ad96fb574 ) Where the number one piece of feedback was they looked like they were from Rollercoaster Tycoon, and that they wanted to add it to their themeparks, so, with the Rollercoaster dropping for VIPs this week, I wanted to share something for people who are looking to build their own theme parks and looking for ideas.

4935872-o_1bvtgc2mbhi01pjk7fgkhe187ce-0Y

The Fries stand was the first I built. Here's an alternate shot, never mind the dust,

4935887-Diner_boys-RY4Uo5ApLvBECQ-thumbn

The Burger came next. Here's a shot with the front of to show the interior (They all have kitchens inside, I wanted them to be functional)

Interiors

And the Shake was last, as well as the trickiest because of the shape. And how to make it look full of liquid, but I think this works pretty well (This was before before the ship in the bottle release)

4935892-Shake_1-N-3SnyOklCqmMg-thumbnail

The next step for me will be integrating them into my own themepark. (I've never played Rollercoaster Tycoon, but love the idea of a full themepark display) And I'd love for it to be inspiration for others; what do you think?

And there's a little bit more of it up on LEGO Ideas, including a basic how-to-build video.
And if you like it, hit the support button, perhaps you'll be able to pick up your own soon - https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2fae905f-71cb-450a-a4ef-827ad96fb574

Delightful!  Great shaping and overall feel on all of them, and that big burger with all the toppings next to the fry stand is super!

Only one bit of criticism:  Where did those hotdogs come from??  :laugh:

These look really good and would compliment any theme park or city layout perfectly. My favourite is the burger design but all three are great and work really well together. Good luck with the Lego Ideas submission.

I saw these on the Ideas page a few weeks ago for the first time and immediately supported them.  So great!  I didn't know you had video instructions, that is awesome.  I would love to build these!

Oh my god yes:wub: absolutely love these!! The execution is done to perfection! 

Im getting straight onto ideas soon as I have time and supporting!

You really need to get these spread out, post them up in lots of places, these need to reach 10k supporters!

Following since day one and it's getting there! Already build the Fries and Milkshake stand and those are really good. 

I still don't get how you managed to made the burger stand sides with some space between the 2x2 yellow slope piece and the brown 2x4 (?) plate tho. 

5438750-Internals-VnV-HL3lToLzeA-thumbna

I was impressed when I saw this for the first time! Nice concept and great shaping. This would make a great set, hope it reaches 10.000 supporters! :classic: 

I'd love to see more stands of this type, BTW! 

3 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Following since day one and it's getting there! Already build the Fries and Milkshake stand and those are really good. 

I still don't get how you managed to made the burger stand sides with some space between the 2x2 yellow slope piece and the brown 2x4 (?) plate tho. 

It uses the 2x2 plate with studs on side, and the brackets you can see there (bonus is they  make the interior look grey, not multicoloured) The Burger was actually the easiest because of how much room there is to work with.

5 hours ago, Frostbricks said:

It uses the 2x2 plate with studs on side, and the brackets you can see there (bonus is they  make the interior look grey, not multicoloured) The Burger was actually the easiest because of how much room there is to work with.

Yea, I got that :tongue:. I meant the spaces inbetween like on the picture:

Inked5438750_Internals_Vn_V_HL3l_To_Lze_

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Yea, I got that :tongue:. I meant the spaces inbetween like on the picture:

Oh, um, that'd be the bricks coming away from the sides because I took the top of for pictures, yeah, next time I won't do that in a hurry...

Excellent small builds very well done. The Fries stall is my favorite. :thumbup:

Best of luck with the submission!

Nice!. Especially the fries stand. Now that's something you don't see very often. (I guess I have seen too many burgers stands)

Okay, one final question haha. I'm rebuilding/modding this to make one my own. I've been searching for an hour now and can't find the correct piece that is used on the top of the hamburger stand. There are 4 Arch Bricks 6x6x2, but the piece in the middle (I would assume a round 6x6 brick/plate) doesn't exist in the collor Tan (neither the plate or brick). 

I've seen other Burger stands that also use the same technique for the top part, so there should be something. I've tried it with other round pieces, but nothing fits as a 6x6 would. Am I missing something or is there a 6x6 round brick piece in the color Tan that isn't listed on Brickset/Bricklink?

11 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Okay, one final question haha. I'm rebuilding/modding this to make one my own. I've been searching for an hour now and can't find the correct piece that is used on the top of the hamburger stand. There are 4 Arch Bricks 6x6x2, but the piece in the middle (I would assume a round 6x6 brick/plate) doesn't exist in the collor Tan (neither the plate or brick). 

I've seen other Burger stands that also use the same technique for the top part, so there should be something. I've tried it with other round pieces, but nothing fits as a 6x6 would. Am I missing something or is there a 6x6 round brick piece in the color Tan that isn't listed on Brickset/Bricklink?

No, you're not missing anything. It's actually two of the half circle parts (3x6) with that little 'wedge' out in the middle (so a 2x2 plate in the middle as well)

I know, I need to do the build video fro the Burger. Was going to tweak the roof to be easier to remove first though (those shots above are from the middle of my adjusting it)

8 hours ago, Frostbricks said:

No, you're not missing anything. It's actually two of the half circle parts (3x6) with that little 'wedge' out in the middle (so a 2x2 plate in the middle as well)

I know, I need to do the build video fro the Burger. Was going to tweak the roof to be easier to remove first though (those shots above are from the middle of my adjusting it)

Ah thanks, found it! 

A video would be very helpful, but I can imagine how much work that would cost. 

Very nice. It's a good tip to use rollercoaster tycoon as a reference for building a theme park

1 hour ago, Svendp said:

Very nice. It's a good tip to use rollercoaster tycoon as a reference for building a theme park

Honestly I've never played the game. And would much rather build one with bricks. But there's obviously a lot of big fans of the game out there, and they keep telling me "this would go perfectly with a rollercoaster", well, the rollercoaster is here, and that many voices can't be wrong, so...

These are smashing!
We'd love to add these to the fairground part of our city (or to the city itself, for that matter; they'd look great just put on the city square).

Supported on Ideas. It would be great to see the ldd files to figure out some of the building techniques used.
Also looking forward to the modified Shake stand!

Best of luck on Ideas, and keep clicking those bricks together.

Just wondering: The contents of the gum ball machine does not appear to be LEGO, does it?

Saw this on Ideas a long while ago and loved it then. All three work toghether nicely, but the fries shop is just the most charming of the three, and my favourite ;D The onions for the big burgers are pretty genius. Just now I've noticed there's a gumball machine very similar to DD's. Pretty sure this was done before that came out.