12 minutes ago, degenerate said:

There will be a remote controlled Batmobile this year, controlled via your phone or tablet.

I don't know what type of brick will do the controlling though.

Say what?!

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Considering my preference for Technic and my general indifference for LEGO Superheroes, I'm quite looking forward to what's coming up for Batman.

Considering my preference for Technic and my general indifference for LEGO Superheroes also, may I inquire into how your expectations for what's coming up for Batman has anything to do with Technic in general and with this thread in particular :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Any more information on that?

On that French site where sets are overpriced this set has 135.79€ as a price. So it will cost something like 100€ or close.

Edited by dimaks13

When I say RC I mean remote controlled, via your phone/tablet, not actual R/C, my bad guys :sceptic:
But yes, we're getting a Batmobile that can be remote controlled via your phone or tablet, I'm guessing it's a system similar to the Boost?
I'm pretty sure it was a part of the H2 release but I'll double check tomorrow, probably won't be super expensive either, packaged something like 4 sets/carton which should put it at max 100 euro...

I should probably clarify that it's not in the technic line though, it's in the super heroes theme, only reason I mentioned it was someone said Batman and the remote control brick or whatever it'll have could be very interesting for moc's

Edited by degenerate

1 hour ago, degenerate said:

There will be a remote controlled Batmobile this year, controlled via your phone or tablet.

I think people may be reading to much into it. I hope not though, would be great. There is definitely some kind of app though for your device. Who knows exactly what that entails though. 

Phew! For a moment I thought you meant the 42083 was a sodding batmobile! That would have been disappointing, but if it's not taking the 42083 slot, keeping that free for something better suited to showing how good technic can be, then I wouldn't resent it so much!

4 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I think people may be reading to much into it. I hope not though, would be great. There is definitely some kind of app though for your device. Who knows exactly what that entails though. 

Unless they screwed up their 2018 product catalog that they send to stores, there will be a phone/tablet controlled Batmobile.

@allanp Haha, yeah I figured people might think that, felt that I had to clarify a bit :laugh:
I still have no idea what 42083 will be, it could still be a while before any of us know, hopefully we'll get some better teasers for the sets we do know about in the meantime :classic:

Edited by degenerate

Just not sure if it is actually forward/backward and steered control or something completely different. Anyway fingers crossed and enough off topic discussion. 

22 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I am reading a Batmobile controlled via an App on your phone or tablet. That seems pretty self-explanatory :laugh:

18 minutes ago, degenerate said:

Unless they screwed up their 2018 product catalog that they send to stores, there will be a phone/tablet controlled Batmobile.

This :sweet:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were a simplified Boost hub, with the same technology (since, unlike MINDSTORMS, the "robotic" behaviours are implemented by the phone/tablet, and the brick simply follows commands) but less functions, like lack of auxiliary I/O ports.

A quick look in the DC Comics 2018 set discussion suggests this R/C set is 76112, Arkham Knight Batmobile, said to be R/C controlled - but not confirmed https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/152374-dc-superheroes-2018-set-discussion/&page=16

If true, then this could be the long awaited PF2 finally showing up, and an interesting philosophical change by TLG - as the set will not longer be self-contained (except for batteries), but will require a significant extra purchase to gain bluetooth functionality (assuming the R/C is via bluetooth).

LEGO Boost was the first thing that came to mind indeed.

Wasn't there images posted of a smart phone made with Lego pin connections on the side? Maybe that will come with the batmobile? I don't think it's too off topic as we're essentially talking about new technic(al) elements.

4 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

an interesting philosophical change by TLG - as the set will not longer be self-contained (except for batteries), but will require a significant extra purchase to gain bluetooth functionality (assuming the R/C is via bluetooth).

Indeed, I always hoped for generic 2.4 GHz radio, with its own controller and receiver. The technology is nowadays so cheap that one pay €15 for a toy quadcopter and for that money get a 2.4 GHz transmitter and receiver (with around 20 metres range), a flight controller with 6-axis gyroscope, four motors, a lithium-polymer battery, and all the other materials to keep everything together. Even those shameless copycats that rip-off LEGO sets don't use IR for their "Power Functions" clone: they use 2.4 GHz radio.

While it's true that nowadays kids get access to powerful phones earlier and earlier and using Bluetooth avoids the need to have a transmitter increase a set's cost, WeDo/Boost/SBrick/BuWizz users know very well how finicky Bluetooth is and how picky it is regarding device specs.

Interesting. Possible PFV2 in a Batmobile.... With Bluetooth control via smartphone or tablet. Anything else known about this Batmobile? Is it the same scale as the UCS Tumbler? What version of the Batmobile is it? Either way, probably a pass for me, Technic is better. :classic:

Weren't there rumors of a technic RC batmobile a few years ago?

Edited by Meatman

I find it funny that people are discussing this Batmobile both here and at the Superheroes section, yet here all the attention goes to the electronics while there the attention is on the minifigs. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I find it funny that people are discussing this Batmobile both here and at the Superheroes section, yet here all the attention goes to the electronics while there the attention is on the minifigs. :laugh:

I know people that buy sets just for the minifigures and then sell the rest of the set on Ebay. :laugh:

Edited by Meatman