Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Is there a way to find your own ship stats back?

like you can get an email with your licensed builds.

Just now, Bart said:

Is there a way to find your own ship stats back?

like you can get an email with your licensed builds.

You should have access to your factions ship stats - if you don't have access to those (leaders should've sent those through a PM at some point) ask them. If you expect them not to reply in time, PM me a list of the ships you need the stats for and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :pir-laugh:

Just now, Legostone said:

You should have access to your factions ship stats - if you don't have access to those (leaders should've sent those through a PM at some point) ask them. If you expect them not to reply in time, PM me a list of the ships you need the stats for and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :pir-laugh:

aha, I never knew that

I though ship stats where personal information.

Maybe there is a link somewhere in a searats chat that is now lost in the archives of Bastion.

I saved the link to my original post in the New Ship Classes - The Transition thread, and kept it updated with all my active ships and their stats. That way I have a consistent record, and should one of them be captured, I can relay accurate stats to the capturing party if need be.

Due to moving to a new place has began (yey, bigger hobby room for me :D), I fear I'll won't be able to build a lot the following months.

I hoped to finish some MRCA & AMRCA related builds yesterday, but without succes. So my AMRCA will be on a break for a while.

@Maxim I sorry to hear the delay but at least it's good reasons. 

As some may know I am going through a divorce so I had been away from bricks the past few months.   I don't have the full collection but have a few tubs...  One of them is my Bobs builds that were destroyed.  I'm happy to announce my Trade convoy sails again.   The rigging was destroyed and a tangled mess on Diablo Salado as the entire ship was badly broken up.  Had to cut most of it...  So I put Lego rigging back on it...  Still need to make the sails for her but it's good to have them back. 

IMG_20180702_000211

21 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I am going through a divorce so I had been away from bricks

Sorry to hear, but I suppose that's just how it is nowadays.

I hope to see you both back building soon, until then best of luck.

4 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Due to moving to a new place has began (yey, bigger hobby room for me :D), I fear I'll won't be able to build a lot the following months.

You will be missed, but I expect you to return bigger and better. Keep us updated on the new hobby room! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

As some may know I am going through a divorce so I had been away from bricks the past few months.

Damn, this is usually nasty. Life happens. :sceptic:

Keep your head up though!

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that today is the MCRA deadline. If you'd like to sail, please get those forms filled out and submitted. 

On 7/2/2018 at 4:19 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

<snip> I'm happy to announce my Trade convoy sails again.   <snip>

Glad to see you back on the water. :classic:

On 7/2/2018 at 4:44 AM, Lord Buckethead said:

Sorry to hear, but I suppose that's just how it is nowadays.

I hope to see you both back building soon, until then best of luck.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:22 AM, Drunknok said:

Damn, this is usually nasty. Life happens. :sceptic:

Keep your head up though!

1 hour ago, Kwatchi said:

Glad to see you back on the water. :classic:

Thanks all...  Luckily I took the entire collection when I left (no simple task)  unfortunately everything I had built was basically broken to some extent due to the poor packing of them in a hurry.   Most of the collection is still in storage but safe.  

As far as other issues...  She's trying to be as difficult as possible but our first court date when more in my favor than hers...  My lawyer  is quite good.

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

With the current developements of (high) taxes,

is it an idea to write smuggling into the (tmcra) game?

example on the details:
-the form works the same, with an added option to smuggle from/to, you still choose route and destination port
- the gain in smuggling is you don't pay the taxes, trade income remains the same.
- risk being caught by coastguard (if that faction/island/town has deployed any to that area), despite any setting of hostile to what ever nation, you will always be attacked by a coastguard vessel if you choose to smuggle. so you might loose your ship (or gain one :O)

you could add that smuggling is not possible with a class 4/5 and up, and/or a ship set with a very low (3 or under) manouvre stat. because setting cargo on a beach requires more steering skills then docking in port.

anyone any idea's about this?

3 minutes ago, Bart said:

is it an idea to write smuggling into the (tmcra) game?

example on the details:
-the form works the same, with an added option to smuggle from/to, you still choose route and destination port
- the gain in smuggling is you don't pay the taxes, trade income remains the same.
- risk being caught by coastguard (if that faction/island/town has deployed any to that area), despite any setting of hostile to what ever nation, you will always be attacked by a coastguard vessel if you choose to smuggle. so you might loose your ship (or gain one :O)

you could add that smuggling is not possible with a class 4/5 and up, and/or a ship set with a very low (3 or under) manouvre stat. because setting cargo on a beach requires more steering skills then docking in port.

anyone any idea's about this?

That actually sounds like it would add another really cool dynamic to the game. Hopefully leadership feels the same way!

13 minutes ago, Bart said:

Or everyone could just be like Corrington, and not close ports or raise taxes. :pir_tong2:

Cool idea though, but there's already so much in the game, It might be to much to add.  

I am looking forward to land combat rules though, but maybe after those come out (soon?) that could be a cool idea.

Great idea, but I agree with @Mesabi: there is already a lot in the game already. Some of the things missing - like the land combat rules - definitely should be implemented and ironed out first.

The answer to closed ports or taxes should be for everybody to decide: do I want to play along, or do I take actions to counter it? You are not forced to sail into anto a harbour with taxes, and every settlement is free to set up their own. On the other hand, tax-free ports are much more attractive. You should also keep in mind (taking Oleon as an example): Oleon ships only sailing into Oleon ports (because they are not taxed) means that those same ships do not sail into other ports, taking "pressure" off other settlements.

Does this resemble a "trade war"? Of course it does, it is the very definition of one. It also makes for some good stories though. And who knows? Trade wars can easily devolve into real wars, so we have interesting times ahead of us anyway. :thumbup:

different question :P

I found some valuable ore that is going to be mined.

I was looking over the rules about mines and came across this:

Every month’s yield results in a certain percentage going to the empire the builder belongs to. (This is beyond regular taxation, and is often known as the royal fifth). This is not deducted from the monthly yield. Sea Rats do not pay these taxes unless they have a legal mine in a faction’s territory. Since mines are never within a settlement directly, they do not have plot sizes

the Royal Fifth, as I understand this it does not come out of the owner of the mines nor the mines yield pocket. 
So it is db's pulled out of thin air entering the factions pocket. nothing wrong with that.

But then I do not understand why Sea Rats do not pay it, because there is nothing to gain from not paying it. it actually is a lose, because our faction isn't getting any richer from members having mines. 

So do I mis understand it, or are the Sea Rats loosing money here. (they could very well use)

The Trador Development Tax

What is the point of taxes when the owners are already filthy rich? Can one of those ports that raised taxes the past months show that it actually benefitted the growth?

As progressive city, visiting fleets will have now to "pay" a development tax.

• 1-3 vessels (same flagship): 1 small property
  • 4-6 vessels (same flagship): 1 medium property or 2 small
  • 7+ vessels (same flagship): 1 large property or equivalent.

Properties to be licenced before the next MRCA started

So for every different flagship, a property is wanted. One vessel sailing on its own = 1 flagship

If help needed by licencing or not interested in licencing, the city of Trador (or one of its council members) is intersted in buying the licencing rights of your property for 10 (small)/ 20 (medium) / 30 (large) db's.

The Trador Development Tax will be in effect the next MRCA. Ships currently in the harbour are free of tax for this month.

July 9 - 618 AE

Sir Yohannes Ethiximus,
Mayor of Trador

Edited by Maxim I

Is there a penalty for having ships above your shiplevels?

I noted some NPCs were in that state for a while (Zublius van Wreck still is). Same for Oleon and the NPC factions Mardier (by 25!) and Montroy. Some players are as well (@Bregir, @Flavius Gratian, @kaiju).

15 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Is there a penalty for having ships above your shiplevels?

I noted some NPCs were in that state for a while

FYI, the ship doc doesn't show the proper level for NPCs. Each NPC pirate starts with 10 ship levels, just like players. The chart currently thinks they are 0; that's why it reports them as over their limit. And factions start at 25, but Mardier is working with a limit of 50 because it is a larger faction, more on par with the player nations. Again, the chart incorrectly thinks they're all 0.

Also, remember, you can own more ship levels than your limit, you just can't use them all in a given MRCA. But I'll look into the Oleon and player situations. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Maxim I said:

So for every different fleet, a property is wanted.

If help needed by licencing or not interested in licencing, the city of Trador (or one of its council members) is intersted in buying the licencing rights of your property for 10 (small)/ 20 (medium) / 30 (large) db's.

Does this mean that a fleet can simply pay the cost of a licensed build to Trador without actually building anything? Or is an actual build required? Because Trador will quickly become a ghost town if the latter.

His Excellency, Lord Alexander Prio, Duke of Prio and Hero of the War Against Marderian Tyranny. To all that read this, greetings. 

Through abuse and usurpations, the settlement of Bastion and their allies, styling their selves the Sea Rats, have made several wanton attacks that jeopardize the free navigation of the seas and lawful trade between nations. We, therefore, the Grand Duchy of Prio, our citizens and vessels being victims of these malevolent attacks, do consider a State of War to exist between our nation and those calling their selves the Sea Rats. 

So that these vicious and unjustifiable attacks against honest sailors may be brought to a swift and deceive end, we, the Grand Duchy of Prio, will issue Letters of Marque to private vessels in good standing with the Grand Duchy. These licenses shall grant the holder permission, for the duration of the war or until revoked, to seize, burn, and otherwise destroy any and all shipping bearing the Colors of the Sea Rats. 

Men willing to pledge their lives, fortunes, and honor so that the laws of nations may be upheld and justice be done to these unscrupulous pirates are encouraged to apply for a letter. The cost is 100 DBs per vessel.

With a firm reliance on the protection of the gods and with the goal of ensuring our liberty, 

Juan Salazar

Speaker of the Assembled Convention 

In order to apply, please respond below with a list of the vessels and remit 100 DBs per vessel to Prio. Any vessel that hasn't attacked Mardier and isn't a Sea Rat will be granted a LoM. Please note that for the duration the LoM is active, your vessel will fly Prio's colors and will be a fair target for anyone who chooses to attack Prio. Any attacks outside the scope of your LoM (i.e. not against the Sea Rats) are still considered piracy. The SRs may chose to issue their own LoMs, and Prio will not allow privateers to hold a LoM from both nations. 

Short question: I have to pay for the right to fight (and likely lose ships) for another nation - where is the profit for me? This does not add up...

Edited by Drunknok

While we are on the subject... If I were to license 2 class-10 ships and sail them together, would they be undefeatable or could a class 2 blow them smithereens with the roll of the die?