MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

8 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

There's also one with a sort of lock-jaw design. It's the helmet that matches the leaked Guard minifig, actually.

As best as I can tell, there are four different helmets, but two of them are so similar I'm not sure LEGO would really be able to distinguish them. The pair with halberds have ridges running all the way down their faceplates, as pictured above, while the ones with the chain things only have ridges going about halfway down (although pictures are somewhat inconsistent). I haven't found pictures good enough to tell whether the shapes of the helmets are the same otherwise, but they're at least very close. As much as I love accurate details in my minifigs, in this case I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for LEGO to make a new mold to accommodate that distinction.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn't that just theĀ third one on the picture I posted? From a front view, it'd look like thatĀ :wink:

No I think the one the other guy is referring to has a more simplistic look with a bigger "beak". It's honestly just plain dumb the fourth variant is so similar looking but believe us when we say there's a 4th variant. The weapons are different enough to distinguish the two.

There may be some inconsistency in the source material, too. In some pictures there are some helmets with ridges that clearly run all the way down the face and others with ridges that stop halfway down, but this image clearly shows only three helmets, with the "electro-bisento" and "Bilari electro-chain whip" guys wearing the same one. It may be the case that there are supposed to be four different ones, but they're so similar that not all the artists/merchandisers got that message.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn't that just theĀ third one on the picture I posted? From a front view, it'd look like thatĀ :wink:

No. That one isn't the one that leaked with the minifig.

bTbe8Eq.jpg

There are two that are nearly identical. I like to call them the bowl-cut Guards. There's an upside-down, bucket-shaped one with a bowl-cut (the left one in the image you posted, right on mine), and then there's a head-shaped one with a bowl-cut (the one on the right in yours, center on mine). This image also features the sun-visor Praetorean on the left.

Then there's this:

MkmFtn3.png
Ā 
That one on the left is the lock-jaw guard, the one we know we're getting as a minifig (not to be confused with the head-shaped-bowl-cut guard, pictured separately next to it, and then there's a sun-visor guard on the right).

I've watched the throne room scene in slowmo multiple times and I'm still confused about the number of helmet designs and the number of guards with each variant. @Penkid11, isn't the one in the middle of your first picture the "lock-jaw" variant? To me it looked like there's 3 "lock-jaws", 3 "buckets" and 2 "sun-visors", but I might be wrong.

So my fears have been realised and Biggs (and Luke is the second figure with the x-wing)Ā haveĀ a completely new rebel helmet mould - looks a bit oddĀ to me - maybe just cos itā€™s new but itā€™s not as round as the actual rebel helmets - looks like theyā€™ve sacrificed the accuracy of the helmet to accommodate the visor.

Double-sided, individual characterĀ heads with and without visor, boot and arm printing wouldā€™ve been a preferable developments for me.

So weā€™ll never get a Garven DriesĀ and Davish Krail to display alongside the other rebels :::sigh:::

I won't know until I have them in hand, but it looks like I'll be sticking with the old style helmet with printed visors on faces.

Ā 

The helmets in the leaked pic look less good than the current versions.

Those new helmets are horrific. These figures will go in a box and Iā€™ll be keeping my old ones. I even prefer my custom Biggs head made from the Bard the Bowman figure. Iā€™ll be gutted if Dreis is made with this new mould.

Once we see helmet picturesĀ from the back or side on we will see how much volume they have. All Rebel helmets look weird from the front on shots and always look better in hand. That visor is a beauty though.

Those Rebel Pilot helmets look absolutely horrible :( Thank god I can still use my Luke Red 5 and old Biggs helmet.

There is no way Lego will replace all the variants they have produced with these atrocious new helmets. Very disappointing and annoying!

2 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

Once we see helmet picturesĀ from the back or side on we will see how much volume they have. All Rebel helmets look weird from the front on shots and always look better in hand. That visor is a beauty though.

There is a top-down angle in an alternate pic with the helmets removed from the minifigures and the shape honestly doesn't look that much different from the original mold. Its really just from the front that it looks a lot more rounded than before with the "cheek bumps" removed, but comparing it to photos of the pilots wearing it in the actual films it looks pretty accurate to me.

That said we've all become so accustomed to having the original piece for so long (19 years!) that it will understandably take some time getting used to the change, much like what happened with Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Classic Leia's new head pieces when they first arrived.

The angle the shot was taken is weird; I'm waitting to get my hand on these before judging them too harshly. People need to give these a bit of time.Ā 

49 minutes ago, wesker said:

There is a top-down angle in an alternate pic with the helmets removed from the minifigures and the shape honestly doesn't look that much different from the original mold. Its really just from the front that it looks a lot more rounded than before with the "cheek bumps" removed, but comparing it to photos of the pilots wearing it in the actual films it looks pretty accurate to me.

That said we've all become so accustomed to having the original piece for so long (19 years!) that it will understandably take some time getting used to the change, much like what happened with Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Classic Leia's new head pieces when they first arrived.

People also bitched and moaned about the 2014 Storm Trooper print redesign, Vader is also a very nice recent example.Ā 

I feel bad for people collecting pilots that will have to start from scratch though, collecting those could be a real money dump.

But there's a giant BUT here, it means that Lego will be forced to use something else than the dreaded generic pilot face that started plaguing the rebel alliance.Ā 

No more lazy Wedge or Gold Leader with generic faces in future UCS sets maybe?Ā :classic:

Fingers crossed those are easily obtainable world wide ''coughcough DJ cough cough''.Ā 

I still have to bricklink him :(Ā 

Iā€™ve found the new pilots in multiple places but where are we seeing the new Anakin figure? Ā Discord/Instagram/Reddit? Ā Where and what to search would be appreciated...

10 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

Iā€™ve found the new pilots in multiple places but where are we seeing the new Anakin figure? Ā Discord/Instagram/Reddit? Ā Where and what to search would be appreciated...

instagram

#legoleak and #legoleaks

it is - as of 2 seconds ago - the top result on one of those ...

1 hour ago, Hygrotus said:

Check this two new SW polybags added today to Bricklink :-)

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=40299-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}Ā -Ā Kessel Mine Worker polybag

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=40300-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}Ā -Ā Han Solo Mudtrooper polybag

I've stated this on the LegoLeaks Discord already, but I'll say it here for those who don't access it:

The Kessel Mine Worker looks like one of the individuals in the back of this photo but without a hat/helmet: 8x2iu0no42y01.jpg

13 minutes ago, Tidy said:

instagram

#legoleak and #legoleaks

it is - as of 2 seconds ago - the top result on one of those ...

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, lomis said:

I've stated this on the LegoLeaks Discord already, but I'll say it here for those who don't access it:

The Kessel Mine Worker looks like one of the individuals in the back of this photo but without a hat/helmet:Ā 

i want those guards too ... really bad, i want those guards.

19 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

Thank you!

insert thumbs up emoji.

1 hour ago, lomis said:

The Kessel Mine Worker looks like one of the individuals in the back of this photo but without a hat/helmet:Ā 

He definitely looks like these guys, but what about the helmet? Surely the Rebel helmet from the U-Wing is pretty much identical?

Looks like the vessel mine worker is missing his helmet, but I think one can use the helmet of one of the rogue one rebels, only wrong colors, but it looks the same

Suddenly realised that General Merrick will be released with that horrible new helmet! Absolutely ruins my pilot collection :(