Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

19 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

IMO Hazmat is the only figure remaining that has any chance at defeating the Elf, and if the Faun upsets him here than the Elf has a much better shot at winning it all.

I love Hazmat too, this round was the first time I didn't vote for him.

I actually disagree and think the opposite may be true.  If the Faun wins, he could prove to be a big spoiler and take down the Elf.  Both of these figures were long awaited releases and were so perfectly done when they were released that they exceeded expectations.  If they don't meet in the next round then I bet the final will be Elf vs. Faun and it'll be a really close battle.

4 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Half my votes are losing.  Does that make me half a BrickHat?   :laugh:

A StudHat? :tongue:

2 hours ago, Phyre said:

If they don't meet in the next round then I bet the final will be Elf vs. Faun and it'll be a really close battle.

That would make me sad to see the final have no theme diversity whatsoever.

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

A StudHat? :tongue:

Honestly what kind of diversity you expect to get on the finals?

I thought a musketeer was a soldier equipped with a musket fighting in line infantry as per the definition, not an ineffective non-bladed stabbing rapier with a ball on the end and ugly hat. 

40 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

I thought a musketeer was a soldier equipped with a musket fighting in line infantry as per the definition, not an ineffective non-bladed stabbing rapier with a ball on the end and ugly hat. 

There are two definitions. One as you say, a soldier armed with a musket. The second definition is a type of soldier in 17th and 18th century France, which is what this one is. I thought the latter was well known due to The Three Musketeers.

44 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I'd love to see the best figure from a theme go at it with the best figure from another theme.

That would probably just be a measure of the popularity of the theme, rather than the minifig.

Well it looks like the hazmat is done. But I'm not going to complain about the delay since it is the weekend.

On 7/15/2017 at 1:01 AM, BrickHat said:

There's not much theme diversity at this point anyway though.  Fantasy and historical minifigures are pretty much the proven favorites in this game.  The Diver I would consider historical, while Elf and Faun (assuming he wins) are fantasy.  The last quarterfinal should be between the Bagpiper and Scarecrow, which are a little bit removed from history/fantasy, although the scarecrow could be considered fantasy depending on how you use him.

It might be interesting to do another game where we pick a favorite minifigure from every theme (fantasy, historical, space, costume figures, city, etc.).  The only problem might be what to classify as what, and how specific we want the subthemes.  For example, some figures might be considered both fantasy and historical, or both fantasy and horror, etc.  Also do we make a separate theme for Greco-Roman history and mythology that includes not only the Roman Soldier figures but also the Minotaur and Cyclops?  Or do we group some of those into historical and others into fantasy?

Quarter final 4, tough one for me as I cannot believe either of them made it this far. So I'll have to vote for the Bagpiper, not because I like him but only because the Scarecrow knocked out the Spartan.

7 hours ago, Phyre said:

There's not much theme diversity at this point anyway though.  Fantasy and historical minifigures are pretty much the proven favorites in this game.  The Diver I would consider historical, while Elf and Faun (assuming he wins) are fantasy.  The last quarterfinal should be between the Bagpiper and Scarecrow, which are a little bit removed from history/fantasy, although the scarecrow could be considered fantasy depending on how you use him.

It might be interesting to do another game where we pick a favorite minifigure from every theme (fantasy, historical, space, costume figures, city, etc.).  The only problem might be what to classify as what, and how specific we want the subthemes.  For example, some figures might be considered both fantasy and historical, or both fantasy and horror, etc.  Also do we make a separate theme for Greco-Roman history and mythology that includes not only the Roman Soldier figures but also the Minotaur and Cyclops?  Or do we group some of those into historical and others into fantasy?

I agree with most of what you say. Although to me the diver is more of a city minifigure, same for the scarecrow, so I'll be happy as long as one of them makes it to the final.

Speaking of which, the scarecrow here is the superior minifigure to me, even if I am salty that he has eliminated some figures I liked. I hold few grudges on this game, so go scarecrow!

Edited by BrickHat

Scarecrow for me as well. Not that i like him that much, but i like him more than the bagpiper. 

Well things are looking up! Just a couple more votes for bagpiper and he'll take the lead.

Or a couple more for scarecrow and he'll take the lead.   At this rate, it may have to be decided by a coin toss or random.org.   :laugh:

Looks like all the votes went to the scarecrow in the last 10 hours...

Yeah, this one is over ...

Now it gets even nastier!

He's a clear winner now, with 70+ votes. Can we move on?