Hello fellow Brickers,

Today I would like to show you my new creation. The Huddig 1060c.

2.jpg

This has been in the making for a very long time. I have built and re-built this many, many times! Even though the Huddig was my inspiration, I'm sure there are a few differences. For example, I have no idea what sort of engine the real machine has. I did try to keep the proportions as true as I could, which gave me a few headaches along the way. my main problem I had to overcome was the funny angle of the outriggers. This was actually the reason for so many failed attempts.

My model has the following functions;

• Front loader utilizing four of the new 1 x 11 pneumatic cylinders.
  • Back hoe utilizing two new 2 x 11 cylinders and one of the older size cylinders. 
  • Back hoe is mounted on a small turntable for left and right movement. This actuated via a z20 gear at the front of the cab.
  • Outriggers utilizing one pneumatic cylinder each.
  • articulated H.O.G steering via the light beacon on top.
  • 4 cylinder engine powered through front and rear differentials.
  • All pneumatic actions are via the hand pump. (no batteries in this model!)

There are a few things that bug me about the model. due to the huge amount of tubing in the cab, I couldn't fit a seat or steering wheel. And there is an illegal connection in the back of the cab where the window pillars fit from bottom to top. I would like the mud guards to be a bit rounder, but hey, it's made out of square bricks! Other than these little bug bears, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I hope you like it too and I welcome constructive criticism.

Unfortunately I don't have the means to shoot a video. I could do a quick one on my phone, but I'll have to do it next week now.

Thanks for looking, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the work!

10.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

So finally it's done. I was wondering where the outriggers will go and how they will work, and the result is very nice! It looks like they can lift (or at least hold) the machine, which I failed to achieve with my backhoe.

Very, very col model. And awesome machine.

I am building the same machine, just a bit bigger model, a 1260, in 1:13 scale, with brick built wheels. I also had troubles with outriggers angle, and with front wheel mudguards (how to make them rigid enough, with so little space to attach them to the chassis).

Regarding your engine question, the 1060 has 4.5L Cummins 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine.

Few thing on the model that perhaps could be improved are the width or the height...it looks a bit too wide, compared to the. Other thing, the cabin seems positioned a bit too low.

Hope mine with turn out as good as yours :)

This is one fine bachoe! I like how compact the solution with angled outrigers and back arm attachment is.

Good job on the body, it looks really polished.

Nice model, the red color looks very good! Looking forward to the video :thumbup:. You should have made before the pneumatic contest..

Thanks guys.

@Milan I'll look forward to seeing your version. I think you are right, it might need to be a little bit taller. unfortunately, the front bucket is a bit small too. I toyed with the idea of a brick built one, but I couldn't get the shape right.

@MajklSpajkl Thanks, I am most proud of this part!

@Paul Klop Unfortunately I didn't have enough building time to participate in the contest. maybe next time......

@legomarat Thanks, but I'd prefer it to be "very manly" !!! :grin:

Edited by Oliver 79

This is a really nice backhoe! It looks a well thought through and balanced. I like the its 'utility' look. And the outriggers are great, well worth the efforts.

The photo of the underside is cool, great integration of the angled outriggers into the frame. :thumbup: And your pneumatic work is excellent. I would like to see it with the Claas tires, but I don't think they'd fit! :laugh:

A little update....

I did an overlay picture with my model and the real machine blueprint. It turns out mine is slightly longer and slightly taller.

overlay.jpg

And as an added bonus, Hear is the LDD.

There are a few bits that didn't fit. I colour codded them so you can see where they go.

ldd_screenshot.png

There is also no bucket on the back as it's not in LDD (part no. 4700 ) And the pneumatic cylinders are brick built versions. 

I'll try to do a video in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the kind words. Have fun! 

Hello Technic friends.

I finally got round to making a video. It's the first one I've ever made, so sorry about the quality. I couldn't even figure out how to put music too it! *huh*

As always, comments welcome.

Have a good evening.

I missed this the first time round, but this model is a beauty of a beast! It's got a rugged look, yet features small details. All the functions seem to work well, too. Good job!

I love it, works like charm! :thumbup:

The video is honest, shows what needed, and the quality is good. :wink:

I think this is a very nice model. Indeed the cab could be made a little taller, it's a bit low now. The rest looks great, nice solution on the angle of the uitriggers.