Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

Nocturnes Minichallenge II: The Shaman's Hut

For the Resistance

29760337410_46a2500a28_z.jpg

Throughout the wild, overgrown swamplands of Nocturnes there are many tales of those who reside in the darkest depths of the swamp, tales of savages,monsters and other twisted creatures who call the marshes home. These natives of the swamps are rarely seen, and many folk think they are no more then witless brutes or primitive savages. However, In truth, these swamp people are far more organized than most believe. Although some of these people are in fact primate brutes many are quite intelligent and are masters of moving unseen and striking with vile poisons. However, the most curious of all these folk is their leader, a strange hermit that acts as a Shaman for all the folk that live in the swamp. He lead them in prayer, heals them with strange potions and rituals, settles disputes, and is responsible for most major decisions. Now he summons forth the natives to prayer, and from there to finally leave the swamp and join the war...

29427241783_91e66def5b_z.jpg

Wow! The walls and the roof look stuning together and the rooks are great. Maybe a little too much foilage imo but it still looks amazing.

Splendid little hut! I like how it's framed by rockwork, and the dark green vines fit perfectly :thumbup:

Man this is lovely! Small and simple, yet detailed enough to totally nail the swamp atmosphere ^^

Great roof, great walls, and great swamp! I love the bright green swamp water. The best part, however, is the door, in my opinion, because those capes just look perfect there. 

17 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Awesome build lord Dan!  I love that roof and the capes for the door.

Thanks UM! I can't wait to see what you "cook up" for the pie contest!

16 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Wow! The walls and the roof look stuning together and the rooks are great. Maybe a little too much foilage imo but it still looks amazing.

Thanks! The roof technique is from this build by Slegengr. As for too much foliage its a swamp, there can never be too much!:wink:

11 hours ago, TitusV said:

these bars are magnificent, and your colours are awesome! :wub:

10 hours ago, Blufiji said:

Nice use of the bars as walls. A great swanp hut indeed!

Thanks guys! The bars were a nightmare to tie together!

8 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Splendid little hut! I like how it's framed by rockwork, and the dark green vines fit perfectly :thumbup:

Thanks SK!

7 hours ago, en_zoo said:

Man this is lovely! Small and simple, yet detailed enough to totally nail the swamp atmosphere ^^

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great roof, great walls, and great swamp! I love the bright green swamp water. The best part, however, is the door, in my opinion, because those capes just look perfect there. 

Thank you! I've been sorting away my lime green pieces for this use. I'm glad you like the door too!

Perfectly executed vignette, LordDan! :wub: The walls made of sticks, the use of those capes for the door, the roof, the rickety wooden stairs; all of it just wonderful!

Excellent color choice for the swamp too, and the dark green vines are great :thumbup:

The technique on the hut is one I haven't seen before. The plants and vines growing in various places, and the swamp is also what makes this build Nocturnian. This is a very splendid build.

Very good build and use of the limited footprint. That little hut is wicked and packed full of detail. Loving those swamp denizens too! And excellent photography.

Sweet entry, glad to see you back around LordDan!

Stunning! The use of hands and droid arms is wonderful, and the use of the staffs is something I very much admire, not to mention the green swamp water and rocks, good stuff! Also, the fact you placed vegetation on top of the hut adds greatly to the build. Hope to see more from you :classic: