Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

I have now permanantly(or at least until brickshelf doesn't have anymore problems :hmpf: ) switched to Flickr, and am now in the process of uploading all my pictures to it. I must say, I prefer Flickr's uploading system to brickshelf's, as it is more dynamic and takes less time to upload multiples. I do wish that brickshelf would stop screwing up :hmpf_bad: but I guess change is good :sadnew: .

Edited by cralegoboy

I prefer Flickr's uploading system to brickshelf's, as it is more dynamic and takes less time to upload multiples.
Actually, Brickshelf uploads multiples faster than Flickr. You can just zip a few hundred pictures on Brickshelf and upload that .zip file and relax.

But I do agree that Flickr is more "modern". Brickshelf looks very outdated, and you can't make comments on the pictures.

Sorry, I didn't know about the .zip file trick :blush: . Maybe I'll try that if brickshelf ever stops going on the blink.

:cry_sad:

I'm afraid this was (one of) the last outage(s) Brickshelf can handle. I should really start to look into flickr.

Brickshelf is down for the count!

ALL deeplinks are broken, and you can't even access the site now.

Does anyone know if it is over for good ????

Or is it just temporary ??

Does anyone know if it is over for good ????

Or is it just temporary ??

I'm not taking any chances. I'm moving all 12 of my reviews as well as all of my MOCs. It's bound to crash if it ever comes back, so better now than later! :cry_sad:

EDIT: Maybe I just overreacted. I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

Even majhost.com doesn't work at the moment. I've made a flickr account for my latest scenic pics, to have a second base. I think it's just a server outage, so I think it'll be back somewhere the next few days or until Xmas. That's just technical problems. Just try again when the month is over. It's a shame, since I've got my latest review on there and this was one for a classic 80s set, which makes the issue even more annoying.

MFg Widdi

All my reviews, all my MOC threads, almost no backups. :cry_sad:

That means everyone who used Brickshelf and had deeplinks has to go through every topic they have made, and every post they had pictures on, and fix those once we go to a new site. :cry_sad:

I lost so many of my older pics... Now I'll never remember how they were built. :sing:

Ah well, looks like I am going to spend a few days looking for a new host to fix up my clone brand reviews.

MOCpages !

Yep, go MOCpages !

I only yesterday worked out how to get images from my MOCpages site over to here for posting.

It's simple - you open a thumbnail in MOCpages, right click - open 'properties', highlight it's URL (address) then copy and paste as usual in your posts. Easy !

Why does this remind me of a bad pirate movie from the 50's?

"Abandon ship!"

:pir_bawling:

We all knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Brickshelf has been somewhat unreliable the past year and now it's seems to be down for good.

The lock on uploads the past week or so, was the final punctuation for a site that deserves to be remember for much more than it ended up with.

RIP - and thanks for hosting all our pics for so long.

Now off to find new picture hosts people - we need those MOCs and Reviews updated ASAP :grin:

Why are people assuming it's down for good? It's only been one day. :tongue: Their server host is probably closed for the Thanksgiving weekend and would take longer than usual to fix the problem.

Edited by CP5670

I for one have a very bad feeling about it this time, and I therefore fear it is down for good as well.

Now I have to replace all of the pictures in my reviews...I hope I can still find all of them.

Why are people assuming it's down for good? It's only been one day. :tongue: Their server host is probably closed for the Thanksgiving weekend and would take longer than usual to fix the problem.

Hmmm... good point. ANyway, I moved to MOCpages for my Christmas raffle thing, but I'm not enjoying my experience there :sceptic: How do you deeplink with MOCpages pics BTW?

Hmmm... good point. ANyway, I moved to MOCpages for my Christmas raffle thing, but I'm not enjoying my experience there :sceptic: How do you deeplink with MOCpages pics BTW?

Before you get caught up in MOCpage, I'd recommend using another hosting site. MOCpages shrinks your images and degrades the quality.

I would recommend everyone switch to Flickr. I've had a couple Flickr accounts over the last few years (so what if I didn't feel like paying to go pro :tongue: ) and haven't had any problems with any of them. MOCPages is too confusing for me.... :wacko:

This is probably the worst thing that I've seen happen to Brickshelf. Maybe they are just closing down the site, and don't want anyone uploading anything...

-'Skintas

BrickShelf ever since it closed down then reopened has been up and down alot I have noticed.

I hope this is not permanent as it is my favorite site to post Lego related stuff on!

MOCpages !

Yep, go MOCpages !

I only yesterday worked out how to get images from my MOCpages site over to here for posting.

It's simple - you open a thumbnail in MOCpages, right click - open 'properties', highlight it's URL (address) then copy and paste as usual in your posts. Easy !

Okay I post this morning, but some are asking how to deeplink MOCpages, well this is how I'm posting and replacing missing pictures.

Note; I mean right click on the image once opened as 'display' writen in it's URL, NOT 'thumbnail'.

Now I have to replace all of the pictures in my reviews...

That makes two of us. :hmpf_bad: