In the picture the crane does look slightly turned. Also, trucks with swiveling cranes have their outriggers on the side (like 42070 does) where as tow trucks with non swiveling cranes have their stabilizers at the rear (like 42008).

Right now my hopes aren't high for 42070 though I hope I'm wrong. If 42068 turns out to be just an unaltered 42051 then I don't think that'll be that great either. Hopefully 42069 might be interesting, though won't it just be the arctic truck with a landrover type body in purple and yellow? At least that's what I heard. I can't see me being too bowled over with that :sick: but again, I could be wrong. My very first immediate impression of seeing a tiny leaked grainy picture of the 8110 unimog was that of disappointment but that turned out to be one of my all time favorite sets, I could not have been more wrong on that one, so while my hopes aren't high, lets see what the toy fair brings.

With the change from 42051 to 42068 the set probably suffered some changes, even if only cosmetic. As for the 42069, it probably brings currently rare parts in new colours.... if that's good or bad, that's up to each person's tastes.

I'm eager to see if 42067 is a real thing and if it will be unveiled tomorrow.

Not excited about 42068 if it's just a 'polished' version of the leaked 42051. If it's an Unimog type of Fire Rescue vehicle I'm all in!

If 42069 turns out anything like the Arctic Truck this might be the worst 2H set.

Very excited to see clear pictures of 42070 and videos that demonstrate its functions. Hopefully the rc part is solely to operate the crane and outriggers, etc. I don't want another rc-driven vehicle like the Volvo wheel-loader.

Around 20 hours to go till we will see the first pictures appearing from the LEGO booth at Nuremberg Toy Fair 2017! Get excited! :grin:

12 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Very excited to see clear pictures of 42070 and videos that demonstrate its functions. Hopefully the rc part is solely to operate the crane and outriggers, etc. I don't want another rc-driven vehicle like the Volvo wheel-loader.

Seconded - never been a fan of fully RC vehicles.

I hope it has locking diffs, too. I'd love to see a 15-stud driven, steered and suspended axle with portal hubs and locking diff.

8 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

With the change from 42051 to 42068 the set probably suffered some changes, even if only cosmetic. As for the 42069, it probably brings currently rare parts in new colours.... if that's good or bad, that's up to each person's tastes.

Rare parts in new colours may be good or bad like you say. A porsche wheel arch in purple would be crap when we don't already have it in a useful colour like black or blue or the 5x7 and 5x11 frames in colours other than LBG, like maybe yellow? Time will tell.

Who knows? If the past two years were any indicator, Lego actually cares about AFOLs. Maybe this year's 2H sets will be technical wonders.

Given the 42056's introduction of a sequential gearbox, the size of the 42070 would be more than enough to incorporate a servo-controlled version to switch between motorised functions instead of transmission gear ratios.

Compared to the 8043, it has the advantage of splitting a motor into 4 functions instead of just 2, at the cost of more complexity.

This picture has been posted here before. I have removed the link as a courtesy towards TLG.

15 hours ago, Emmi said:

I'm eager to see if 42067 is a real thing and if it will be unveiled tomorrow.

Not excited about 42068 if it's just a 'polished' version of the leaked 42051. If it's an Unimog type of Fire Rescue vehicle I'm all in!

If 42069 turns out anything like the Arctic Truck this might be the worst 2H set.

Around 20 hours to go till we will see the first pictures appearing from the LEGO booth at Nuremberg Toy Fair 2017! Get excited! :grin:

15 hours ago, suffocation said:

Seconded - never been a fan of fully RC vehicles.

I hope it has locking diffs, too. I'd love to see a 15-stud driven, steered and suspended axle with portal hubs and locking diff.

Hey?! I like rc! Some extra motors and some realistic mud driving! Never made a non rc moc yet!

Edited by legotechnicisawesome
typo

20 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

If it is RC, judging by the picture it seems to be a 9398 with an extra axle.

...and bigger tires...

Assuming the picture of the remote isn't a placeholder. If memory serves, rc vehicles that don't have skid steer have a gear on the side of the remote to act as a pseudo-steering wheel. For all we know all the functions could be rc, or there could be a new control unit.

iirc, rc sets with 1 receiver only have 2 functions, 9398/41999 and the tracked racer from this year. Sets with more than one function had 2 receivers, 8043 and the Volvo loader. To me, 42070 would fall into that 2nd category and should have at least 4 rc functions.

1 hour ago, deehtha said:

Assuming the picture of the remote isn't a placeholder. If memory serves, rc vehicles that don't have skid steer have a gear on the side of the remote to act as a pseudo-steering wheel. For all we know all the functions could be rc, or there could be a new control unit.

iirc, rc sets with 1 receiver only have 2 functions, 9398/41999 and the tracked racer from this year. Sets with more than one function had 2 receivers, 8043 and the Volvo loader. To me, 42070 would fall into that 2nd category and should have at least 4 rc functions.

As I said earlier, I think that this set will introduce PF2.0, because they will have to introduce them sooner or later, and because 40th aniversary and such.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

...and bigger tires...

...and crane.

Is there any figures on how the 42056 Lego Porsche fared? I haven't seen any rumours of another Technic UCS type set so I would imagine they would wait at least a full year to see how the 42056 went before they release another supercar.

One thing that is slightly disappointing about 42070 is the color. Now, I'm a fan of variety, but it's difficult to mod a set if it uses a color that is uncommon, especially if said uncommon color is not used again.*cough*42039*cough* But, I'll reserve judgement until I see some actual pictures. I want to like this set, and I hope that Lego improves upon the prelim picture. Maybe we could have a nice, Bluetooth equipped receiver? I'm not holding out hope, but on the other hand, the box photo gives us nothing, confirmation or denial.

2 minutes ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

Is there any figures on how the 42056 Lego Porsche fared? I haven't seen any rumours of another Technic UCS type set so I would imagine they would wait at least a full year to see how the 42056 went before they release another supercar.

Actually, the designers did confirm that 42056 is the first of a series, but what that means is unknown. Also, we pretty much got to toy fair before we had any information on 42056, and given how locked down Lego has been this year, they could totally have something in the works, but have it be secret. I've adopted a wait and see attitude at this point, and I think you should to.

By the by, I have never seen any sales figures for individual Lego lines, let alone sets, so I don't think you're ever going to get that information. I think 42056 sold out several places shortly after being released, but I'm not sure what that indicates.

13 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

One thing that is slightly disappointing about 42070 is the color. Now, I'm a fan of variety, but it's difficult to mod a set if it uses a color that is uncommon, especially if said uncommon color is not used again.*cough*42039*cough* But, I'll reserve judgement until I see some actual pictures. I want to like this set, and I hope that Lego improves upon the prelim picture. Maybe we could have a nice, Bluetooth equipped receiver? I'm not holding out hope, but on the other hand, the box photo gives us nothing, confirmation or denial.

Actually, the designers did confirm that 42056 is the first of a series, but what that means is unknown. Also, we pretty much got to toy fair before we had any information on 42056, and given how locked down Lego has been this year, they could totally have something in the works, but have it be secret. I've adopted a wait and see attitude at this point, and I think you should to.

By the by, I have never seen any sales figures for individual Lego lines, let alone sets, so I don't think you're ever going to get that information. I think 42056 sold out several places shortly after being released, but I'm not sure what that indicates.

Brilliant, appreciate your response.

5 hours ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

it's a best seller on amazon so it muct be selling well

EDIT: just notised its on the top of this page too!^^^

Edited by legotechnicisawesome

9 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

Rest asured that Lego sold more Porsches than Porsche... :laugh:

Hahahaha :D

That may be true!

silly question, when exactly we would see the pictures from the Nuremberg Toy Fair ?  

10 minutes ago, AOW said:

silly question, when exactly we would see the pictures from the Nuremberg Toy Fair ?  

Some point today, I'd think. Looking forward to it!