Vedauwoo

[SR - FB3] Antigone's Fury (Class 5T)

Saga of the Sea Rats, Volume 1: Piraat Rhys in Bastion

Previous: Far Horizons Salvage and Shipworks

Next: Leaving Granoleon...

Ooc: This is my 3rd (3e) build for February....if you are not lucky enough to be a Sea Rat, please state your approval or :thumbup:

|~+=@&@=+~|~+=@&@=+~|~+=@&@=+~|

Log Entry

21 February 616

Appx 2 sea miles from Skull Point

Capt. Rhys Flaidd DeTaillefer

She's a fine vessel....and we've renamed her "Antigone's Fury."

25163013185_ce43e38b86_c.jpg

Antigone's Fury on Flickr

It was the first large scale outing for the new crew....

25136671326_882906d187_c.jpg

My Bridge officers are a fine bunch of lads...

24536177193_175997d756_c.jpg

She's equipped with a new "Halley Compass" from Corrington....

24867380530_e3dc1da883_c.jpg

The figurehead is particularly magnificent....and the boys decided to paint the hull with our new colours....

24536181993_132ffa751f_c.jpg

As is her stern....

24867383370_2cc1baf417_c.jpg

I look forward to filling her holds with booty!

24795310949_5a3eb2b567_c.jpg

Cosmo insisted on being in this shot....

25163013435_75102bab1f_c.jpg

Antigone's Fury - Port side w/cat on Flickr

===========================

Thanks for visiting!

Edited by Vedauwoo

Great vessel ! You did a good job !

Edit : oh and I forgot : I approve !

Edited by Faladrin

Great ship! :thumbup:

Mighty fine looking galleon thumbup.gif

So she's finally finished, awesome.

Another amazing grand ship for BoBS, great work.

Great vessel ! You did a good job !

A fine vessel that fits both the 'regular' LEGO universe and that of BoBS.

Approved! thumbup.gif

Thanks so much, everyone.....Still considering adding move Jib sails...so there may yet be a slight update...

That is a great looking cat!... Erhm, ship, I mean! :pir-wink:

For a merchantman, that row of cannon is looking quite imposing, and she makes me think of the well-armed Indiamen of the East-Indian Trading companies. Although she is a trader, I am certain she will have quite a bite, should push come to shove!

How will you go about licensing her? Out of your own pockets, or?

I think another jib would suit her well, and I can't help to think that three square sails on the foremast would do so too. And while we are at the rigging, the spankersail (mizzen) seems to be somehow out of proportion. I think the boom and gaff are too long, and that the gaff should be higher up to give a more balanced looking sail.

I like her detailing, and there seems to be plenty of brass and guilding for the crew to polish! :pir-grin: While the sterncastle looks great, it seems a bit tall to me. Maybe a less "abrupt" transition from deck to quarterdeck would make her look more elegant? She does look very tall from behind - I sure hope she is a stiff ship, to counter all that topweight! :pir-wink:

This is really nitpicking, though - she is a beautifully looking ship (yes, ship, as she is full rigged :pir-tongue: ), awash with great details, and I shouldn't like to meet her in anything less than a class 4 A, and even then I wouldn't be too sure of the outcome.

Hereby approved!

Very nice build! :thumbup: Nice patterns going along the side though at spots there might be a little too much color for me.

Very nice ship Ved, great job with the colors and aftcastle, and I'll agree that those cannons look quite, erm, dangerous! pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif I would advise trying to get the sails to bulge out a bit, maybe using something sticking out of the mast to make it look a bit more windy? Right now she looks rather becalmed. Excellent ship though regardless :thumbup:pirate_wink.gif

First of all: Approved! It is a very beautifull crossover between 2 legosets, combined with the blue and yellow of the sea Rats so the result is splendid!

I indexed her as a class 5 T as proposed (still not quite sure, but future will tell if this class fits this ship best).

Right now she is stated as unlicenced. Can you confirm this or is she already licenced?

Another fine ship! I'm picking up lots of IFS design cues, and the size and colorscheme are both good. I like all the hull decor, especially the stern, although it's a bit tall for my tastes. The rigging looks pretty good, and I see you already have some good advice towards it. Overall she's a fine vessel.

I approve. :thumbup:

I indexed her as a class 5 T as proposed (still not quite sure, but future will tell if this class fits this ship best).

Right now she is stated as unlicenced. Can you confirm this or is she already licenced?

Correct, currently unlicensed until I have the funds....when that happens I will post a FreeBuild of the transfer of "Le Dindon" to Captain Tzomo, and Captain Rhys will take over Antigone's Fury...

Very nice ship that appears to be inspired by the Imperial Flag Ship. Lots of colors in use, but it is done so in a way that appears ordered.

Approved :thumbup:.