Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

The Silent Grove

Gal-Turok and Nidhak have come to the Silent Grove seeking an alliance with the Silent Sisters, a clan of bio, terra and hydromancers known for thier ability to cast spells without speaking. They have arrived for a meeting with Nysa and Sorene, twin sisters with the mastery over plant life. As Gal-turok exits the boat, he admires the lush plant life and thinks to himself that today is a good day. Wasting no more time, he sees that Nysa is already upon the balcony of their home, while Sorene is quickly approaching...

"If they are as powerful as they are beautiful, we may just win this thing..." Gal-Turok chuckled..

23659772423_a348617d93_b.jpg

24178412822_93343a0490_b.jpg

24260437186_a4d8d67c50_b.jpg

Another build for the collab, and probably my last swamp build for a while. The building, despite the materials, is actually very sturdy and simple on the inside..guess I should've added an interior. Anyway as always comments/feedback is appreciated!! Thanks for look!!

Wow, I have never seen a cottage built like that before. The swamp is really good as well. The main photo might look better as a 3/4 rather than a direct photo of the front of the MOC.

lovely! And altough the vegetation is great, with a very Nice colorscheme, and a very good tree, the cottage is the best point of this whole MOC! What a wall-technique! You just made me realise how much I missed your builds!

Wow, I have never seen a cottage built like that before. The swamp is really good as well. The main photo might look better as a 3/4 rather than a direct photo of the front of the MOC.

lovely! And altough the vegetation is great, with a very Nice colorscheme, and a very good tree, the cottage is the best point of this whole MOC! What a wall-technique! You just made me realise how much I missed your builds!

Thank you both. I wanted to clean up the cottage walls a bit better, but I think it came out alright.

Excellent build overall! I like the swamp a lot with the flat surfaces between the plants and you've managed to build some excellent plants as well (especially the round lime plants). The tree is very good (I wouldn't mind seeing more in detail how you've put it together :wink:) and the cottage is really lovely too.

One thought I got however is that in a real swamp the amount of vegetation usually varies from almost open water to dense vegetation. Of course the limitations of a diorama can mean that you're showing an area with fairly even amount of plants :wink:

Damn, I'm envious of those plants! Great build, love the walls of the buildings.

Thats a really cool swamp house! Nicely done!

Thanks guys, Vlad if there is a lego store near you, they got them in bulk right now.

Excellent build overall! I like the swamp a lot with the flat surfaces between the plants and you've managed to build some excellent plants as well (especially the round lime plants). The tree is very good (I wouldn't mind seeing more in detail how you've put it together :wink:) and the cottage is really lovely too.

One thought I got however is that in a real swamp the amount of vegetation usually varies from almost open water to dense vegetation. Of course the limitations of a diorama can mean that you're showing an area with fairly even amount of plants :wink:

I always enjoy your constructive criticism sir. At first I had the plants along the shore to about 5 studs out, then I changed it up. Funny how that wasy first thought. As far as the tree goes, I can give you parts list and a pm tutorial if you like. Its pretty simple design.

As far as the tree goes, I can give you parts list and a pm tutorial if you like. Its pretty simple design.

Sure! At least a couple of pictures from some other angles and which parts you used would be greatly appreciated :classic:

I'm trying to figure out how to build good mangrove trees for BoBS at the moment and parts of your design seems to be useful there :wink:

Great part usage. Using these pins as texture is looking really cool.

As does the whole MOC.

The vegetation is offcourse seen before, but it works really well with your cottage.

I definately like it !

Excellent build, that roof is really good, and the overall shape of the cottage is very intriguing! Nice swamp as well and great tree!

Now that's cool. Love the design, and that roof is superb. I assume you used flew tubing for the walls and netting for the roof? I'd love to see a Pic of how you did it. Anyway, great work, and I'll look forward to more!

Wow, very nice wall technique Blufiji, that's one I certainly wouldn't have thought to work so well! Though I do think the roof would look better if its overhang was a bit more, the balcony and the rest of the hut is excellent! Great job on the landscaping as well, especially with that tree! :thumbup:

Superbly innovative as usual, really liking that wooden hut design :wub: Outstanding vegetation and tree too :classic:

Excellent!

Like some other people, love that tree! The boat looks in place as well and those lamps by the path are a nice detail.

One question: the dude on the right, is he walking on water then?

This is seriously impressive. I love the details, from the woodwork to the grass roof. This is one darn nice build.

Thank you all for the comments and constructive critiques!

Excellent!

Like some other people, love that tree! The boat looks in place as well and those lamps by the path are a nice detail.

One question: the dude on the right, is he walking on water then?

-where the figure is walking is land, covered by dense foliage. The boundary between land and water can be determined where the limes balls become lime spikes on top of the foliage. Like Gideon, suggested earlier, it probably would've helped if I made the water vegetation more random and spread out.

Now that's cool. Love the design, and that roof is superb. I assume you used flew tubing for the walls and netting for the roof? I'd love to see a Pic of how you did it. Anyway, great work, and I'll look forward to more!

You are correct. the walls are made up of 12L rigid hose, the exo-force arms, 6L bars with stop rings, and 4L Bars. By curving the hose, you can create a tight space to actually fit a 4x1 or 2x1 tile in there snuggly. I believe you can also do this on a straight wall, but I haven't tested it out..yet. The roof is made up of netting locked together by boat dome pieces and curved bricks/tiles. I'll post a pic of it on my flickr page over the weekend when i recycle the build,

Again you came up with a totally different style of swamp. I really like that. And this one in particular has some kind of beauty and harmony in it.

I'm not sure if I saw that technique of the hut before but nevermindn it's great and fits perfectly in this setting.

And great to see that little boat again.

Edited by Jacob Nion