8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

I am huge fan of Lego minifigures, but I have never saw such series where every figure is perfect for me.

I am really impressed with Hiker and bald headed pirate, but I am going to purchase full set.

Is this early release only for the US?

Any reports of these showing up somewhere else?

This just made me realize how much I'd love a Dr. Kilroy CMF (if Adventurers aren't returning with their own line of sets, that is). There have been enough pieces to make a good updated Pippin Reed (like Misako's torso from Ninjago, and a few different headpieces), but Kilroy is a little trickier. He would benefit hugely from back printing. Anyway.

I think that would be the S2 Explorer explorer-lego-minifigures-series-2-8684.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Woah! That spy minifigure is Dash from the old Alpha Team theme! It even has an updated version of the logo. That's so cool, I think I'll be getting a good group of those to make updated versions of the rest of the team as well.

I love it when they do things like this. This is absolutely great.

-snip-

Oh snap, that's fantastic!!! :wub:

I think that would the S2 Explorer

I think that's just a generic explorer rather than a reworking of a specific character. While the spy has most of Dash's characteristics (eyebrow shape, spiky brown hair, outfit details, etc.) with some updates and additional features, the explorer really doesn't have many of Kilroy's characteristics (glasses, sideburns, suspenders, bow tie, etc.).

They've got a sighting megathread over on the LEGO Reddit where someone claims to have seen them in the BX (Base Exchange) at Ramstein AB, Germany. Which is kind of odd, as I've never seen minifigures in a State-side PX.

Edited by K_Tiger

Stopped into my LEGO Store today..nothing. They do get their truck tomorrow morning though, told me to call them about 9 to see if they got them. Here's hoping! Congrats to all those that have found them so far.

If this early release date will be worldwide, then I think LEGO will post the official pics very soon

I think that's just a generic explorer rather than a reworking of a specific character. While the spy has most of Dash's characteristics (eyebrow shape, spiky brown hair, outfit details, etc.) with some updates and additional features, the explorer really doesn't have many of Kilroy's characteristics (glasses, sideburns, suspenders, bow tie, etc.).

I didn't express myself properly

I meant that specific archetype is already done with the S2 Explorer

Unless we got another Cheerleader/Red Cheerleader/Zombie Cheerleader situation, I don't see it happening (I'd like it though :classic: )

Edited by Robert8

Unless we got another Cheerleader/Red Cheerleader/Zombie Cheerleader situation, I don't see it happening (I'd like it though :classic: )

Zombie Explorer it is then ... ;)

Is that a watch on the spy's arm? Is there a better picture of it?

I have the fig. I don't think it is a watch but some kind of wrist gadget... maybe a tracking device?

Back to my local TRU today. They don't know jack except that there's a fresh box of Disney at the customer service desk. They have a 3 fig limit too. So dumb.

Ahhh, I see what you mean. Yes, you're probably right (although I think a more specialized role like an archaeologist, anthropologist, or museum curator might still work. I doubt it'll happen, but if CMF continues indefinitely....)

Checked a WHS, a TRU and a John Lewis in the UK yesterday - not a sausage and no knowledge of when they might have them (though the lack of knowledge doesn't say much as UK chain outlets seem to have very little visibility into their supply chain).

I live in east-central Iowa and they had a full box at my Toys R Us this afternoon. I was able to get 12 of the 16 needed for a set. The minifigures look "great" and I recommend getting a complete set; as I plan to. The Ice Queen, Banana Man, and Spooky Boy are some of the standout minifigs.

I emailed Lego about the launch date of this, this is what they sent:

Interesting...

I called toysrus and they said next week!

Edited by amazingbricks

Thank you, Christopher!

So, the official release date is August 1st

I wonder when we'll get WF's review

Not a problem. I wanted a confirmed date as I'm going to have plan carefully to obtain a full set now.

I want to see how WF handles Banana Man! I think he is the most unique minifigure I've seen so far.

Nine of them for me. Might be my biggest commitment since the moster sereies.

Hiker is the highlight though. Loving the beard.

Edited by 0tter

Omg it's her!

Her freaking voice! :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Cheers for the heads up, and Amperzand, too.

As soon as I saw the name of the Youtube poster, I didn't bother.

She makes me want to stick two forks in my ears.

Nonetheless, a great CMF series, though!

3 Mariachi

2 Hikers

2 Babysitters

2 Photographers

1 Penguin suit guy

1 Banana man

1 Dog show guy

1 Ice queen

At least!

Edited by Withacee

Cheers for the heads up, and Amperzand, too.

As soon as I saw the name of the Youtube poster, I didn't bother.

She makes me want to stick two forks in my ears.

Nonetheless, a great CMF series, though!

3 Mariachi

2 Hikers

2 Babysitters

2 Photographers

1 Penguin suit guy

1 Banana man

1 Dog show guy

1 Ice queen

At least!

Just leave the sound off, and enjoy the close-up look at the figures.

My Lego store said by the end of the week. I contacted one of 2 Toys R Us close to me. I gave them the SKU number that was posted here. They said that it didn't come up. I usually have a hard time getting stock info over the phone with them anyway. I'm checking with the Lego store on Friday.