Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks for the pics with the minifigs. OK so the officer is not Admiral Motti ( :cry_sad:), but what's cool is the new hair piece for Han Solo, it looks just perfect !

Edited by CedBricks

1.) No, it has not been officially announced as of yet.

2.) LEGO Brand Retail stores need to have these built, in the store locations, so that they are ready to go out on the first day for sale.

3.) I think the employee you spoke with at Arundell Mills was pulling info out of thin air! This is not yet available to be sold, and as such, should not be out on the sales floor in any capacity. But hey, their mess now, let LEGO deal with it.

4.) If LEGO asks, we may have to remove the pic on the item that does not yet exist officially.

*snip*

As a diehard SW minifugures collector I've it been too interested in the last dozen or so pages of discussion as I've eagerly awaited official confirmation of the minifugures lineup, but now the painful truth is sinking in...

Of the 23 (not taking duplicates into account) figs in this picture it appears that 13 of them are either available in previous sets or can be made from parts in previous sets and only ten of them are 'new' but again around half of these ten are only new due to a new hairpiece, hat or back print.

I hope I am wrong and there are hidden print and parts that we cannot yet see (like a possible new print for back of sidious' head that I think can be seen on the back of the box). Even small details like updating the mouse droid would've been nice to see, and what is going on with the Dianoga? It looks horribly like a neck and eye only! :(

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images

C3-PO doesn't even have side prints? Jesus christ...

I'm usually okay with a lot of LEGO's decisions.

But I totally agree with you on this one.

They can have printing on the side of his legs in a polybag but not in one of their most expensive sets?

That's just ridiculous.

And as many others have said: why the lack of dual molded legs in the Star Wars sets?

Is it that the manufacturing plants for big sets (non polybag or CMF lines) aren't capable of shifting over to dual molded parts as quickly?

It's ironic - 12 months ago my only real gripe with the Death Star would have been the lack of the gunners (odd they were missed first time).

This one though, just one genuinely new figure (the droid), maybe two if you count the astromec. Motte, Tagge, Yularen - how is Yularen missing, he already exists!

How do I justify buying this when I have the original? I hate 'missing out' on big sets. Can't believe th designers had no ideas for improvements and yet made the TIE worse.

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

The decision to replace all the technic pieces with yellow and red is the most baffling thing here as it just looks bizarre to me but maybe lego are trying to inject some colour into their "bley" line.

In a strange way I'm glad the figures don't wow as it gives me less reason to want this set or fork out large chunks of money on bricklink. I'm actually most excited the stormtroopers haven't evolved again, just throw a few of them in a battle pack and i'll be happy enough.

Hans hair will show up again soon and maybe Leia and Tarkin will be in another set one day, if not, no huge lose.

Edited by That Orange Thing

Wow, thanks for the pictures

NOTHING related to Rogue One??????????

I thougth that was the reason for this new release

And again, I am very happy this Set is the old One with new printings And hair pieces!!!!!!!!

I will not strugle to buy a new One!!!!!!!

There's about 5 figures I want, but I'll wait a while for the price to come down before I bricklink them, I'l buy something else instead of this.

There's about 5 figures I want, but I'll wait a while for the price to come down before I bricklink them, I'l buy something else instead of this.

to be honest, only the black droid worths

all the others are already in others sets

I actually like the number of Imperial figures in the new Death Star - it was a little hard to fully kit out the old version with just the figures provided. Saying that, I already have most of these figures from other sets so the price tag is a bit high to justify the investment for me. I guess I'm a bit disappointed the Death Star itself isn't actually "new" but on the other hand it's certainly going to save me some money!

I received the Lego magazine today and it had the 75159 Death Star in it. Just a small picture advertising the VIP event on 15 September. I find it funny that I received the magazine today, but the official unveil is not until 1 September...allegedly.

I shudder to think what the Bricklink and Ebay prices are going to be for the new minifigures. The ones just for the Summer wave sets are ridiculously overpriced and don't look to be dropping anytime soon. :sceptic:

Yet again though TLG has wonky box pictures. Does Darth Vader have arm printing or not? In some pictures he has shoulder pads in most he doesn't.

C3-PO doesn't even have side prints? Jesus christ...

Or arm printing.

Really glad to see pics of the minifig lineup finally emerge!

Well, given that as of now I am in a low spending mode, this at least means that I won't have as big of a backlog when I finally get back into buying figs... However, I gotta say I'll probably be Bricklinking the new Han and droids. Those I like a lot! :thumbup:

Well, given that as of now I am in a low spending mode, this at least means that I won't have as big of a backlog when I finally get back into buying figs... However, I gotta say I'll probably be Bricklinking the new Han and droids. Those I like a lot! :thumbup:

I'd recommend waiting a bit on BLing the new Han. He'll probably be extremely expensive at first since he only comes in this set, but we already know we're getting his jacketless variant in the Skiff next year. We'll probably get this exact Han in another set very soon, and it'd be much cheaper to get him that way (or you could get his hair from the Desert Skiff and put it on Han from the Mos Eisley Cantina).

How do I justify buying this when I have the original? I hate 'missing out' on big sets.

Um...don't? As with any other remake or re-release, if you're already satisfied with what you have, great; don't buy the new one. I imagine those of you who already own 10188 aren't TLG's target demographic with this set. They can't cater to everyone, and I don't think ensuring completionists don't end up with duplicates would be that high of a priority.

I wander why don´t they include the iconic figures like "Luke, Vader, Obi" with light up light sabres. It would be minor but nice improvement.

The decision to replace all the technic pieces with yellow and red is the most baffling thing here as it just looks bizarre to me but maybe lego are trying to inject some colour into their "bley" line.

It probably relates to the colours the Technic pieces are currently produced in.

The two new droids, Leia's torso, perhaps a couple of Imperial torsos, I'm looking to set about £50 aside to get what I need from this set, I'm anticipating high prices for the droids especially.

Better than £500 though.

Great Imperial minifigures! I will BL most of them. Sadly again only two Stormtroopers.

4 st's actually, you can make stormtrooper han and luke into regular st's. why are the imperials all grinning? the old face for death star troopers were better.