Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

Don’t know if we can discuss rumours in this thread, but the word on the street is that there’s going to be a Maleficent in dragon form as part of the Disney centenary range.

Unclear if that will be the dragon as it appears in Sleeping Beauty or the phoenix-like creature in the second Maleficent film. My guess would be the former as it’s more iconic.

Either way, I’m looking forwards to it!

12 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Don’t know if we can discuss rumours in this thread, but the word on the street is that there’s going to be a Maleficent in dragon form as part of the Disney centenary range.

Unclear if that will be the dragon as it appears in Sleeping Beauty or the phoenix-like creature in the second Maleficent film. My guess would be the former as it’s more iconic.

Either way, I’m looking forwards to it!

Yeah, a picture of it already leaked. We've been talking about it in the Disney 2023 thread.

What a day:

The leaked Zelda Tree can be used for any fantasy forest.

The leaked 7 dwarves set is a beautiful historical house.

What about the medieval market with the goat?  I hope that set is real it looks fantastic.  

Just take these leaks with a grain of salt. They are all from 1 source and as far as I know have not been verified from anyone else. Promobricks is sharing pictures that the poster here was describing. They are the same source.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Just takes these leaks with a grain of salt. They are all from 1 source and as far as I know have not been verified from anyone else. Promobricks is sharing pictures that the poster here was describing. They are the same source.

Yeah all those leaks look good I just hope some of those are real even if they come out later this year or next.  

After all the wait, castle fans finally getting sets that relate to castle! The rivendell set, snow white, zelda, viking set, D&D set. It's going to be a great year😁

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

What about the medieval market with the goat?  I hope that set is real it looks fantastic.  

That is the best ones in my eyes :moar:

4 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

After all the wait, castle fans finally getting sets that relate to castle! The rivendell set, snow white, zelda, viking set, D&D set. It's going to be a great year😁

Not all those sets may be released this year, or next year or never :def_shrug:

I’m actually ok with some stuff being drawn out over a couple of years. My wallet doesn’t appreciate taking such a battering. 

58 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

I’m actually ok with some stuff being drawn out over a couple of years. My wallet doesn’t appreciate taking such a battering. 

same boat here!

just way too much stuff if its all real and happening. not complaining but my wallet sadly wont allow it. but its fine, sometimes you just have to prioritize and if its stretched over a long period of time then its even better.

I will wait and see what impact the leaked sets will have (on me). what I mean is, are these gonna be stand-alone sets or parts of bigger themes/waves.

the medieval market and the dwarves seem to be stand-alones for sure. but lotr and zelda could be followed by waves with even bigger sets (hyrule castle?!?) and then there is no way I could afford both. 

Edited by Poco Lypso

I'm less concerned with timing and just happy that TLG is thinking about the future of castle. Keep 'em coming and I'll keep buying.

Although it's moreso "latest impact of historic themes on historic themes", the Rivendell set has new ferns and a weapon pack that should be very useful for medieval and nature mocs. 

8 minutes ago, JimBaggins said:

Although it's moreso "latest impact of historic themes on historic themes", the Rivendell set has new ferns and a weapon pack that should be very useful for medieval and nature mocs. 

Not to mention the new beard and elf hair/ears, 

6 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not to mention the new beard and elf hair/ears

Along with new dual molded short legs (other than Bilbo) 

10 minutes ago, JimBaggins said:

Along with new dual molded short legs (other than Bilbo) 

Well if we are talking about recolours there's even more to think about.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah, some of the non-minifig recolors that caught my eye include:

I suspect the new weapons will come as an IP-locked accessory pack (like some of the Batman weapon packs we've seen over the years), but that doesn't reduce their utility for MOCs — it just means we're maybe less likely to see recolors of them in other themes.

The ferns, on the other hand, are probably gonna show up in other themes soon — after all, if they were designed for this set specifically, they probably would be mentioned in either the set description or the press release.

There are a number of interesting looking printed floor tiles as well!

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Unfortunately not dark brown headlight bricks for the sitting hobbits though. It looks kind of weird with the reddish brown, since their legs are dark brown

The new Ferns from Rivendell look amazing.  Really happy to see these new pieces!

Edited by Triceron

I cannot really see much in the Disney CMF of use for historic. It is all too Disney-looking to be anything but Disney.

4 minutes ago, MAB said:

I cannot really see much in the Disney CMF of use for historic. It is all too Disney-looking to be anything but Disney.

Agreed.

Well, I think the Evil Queen's dress may definitely be interesting for Castle builders. Perhaps Mulan's outfit as well for asian settings. Depending of how they look in person and wht their connection points are, the crowns of both queens could make nice props too...

It would have been amazing if they had used a regular forestmen hat on Robin Hood in that color. It's very unfortunate that they didn't.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

Honestly I feel quite the opposite, almost all of them have something useful for historical stuff, but I'll wait till we see clearer images.

58 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Honestly I feel quite the opposite, almost all of them have something useful for historical stuff, but I'll wait till we see clearer images.

The Snow White Evil Queen looks by far the best for generic pieces to me. That one looks great, both as a complete figure and as parts. The animal ones have useless heads and feet/legs (Oswald's legs are OK if plain). Even with a different head, the Queen of Hearts will look like Disney's Queen of Hearts. Some of the princesses might be OK but I imagine they are going to have some Disney detail that will make them look like a Disney figure.

Some look great as complete figures, like Robin Hood and King John, and Coco, look great in their own right but probably not as historical parts.