Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

6 hours ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

I'm hesitantly excited. He posted another image with 3 of them. So he's either really trying to prank us all or he actually found them in BAM. I'm hoping that they are in BAM as I would love to get my hands on a few of them.

What color is that cat? Very strange colors in that picture so hard to see *huh*

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

What color is that cat? Very strange colors in that picture so hard to see *huh*

Seems light bluish grey to me.

I'm very excited about that new Black Falcons torso! Ever since they introduced that BAM exclusive blue and red shield (with the keys on it), I've been thing "come on, now some new medieval legs and torsos". 3rd party sellers and clone companies have been doing it for years now, glad TLG is catching up a bit now.  

Edited by Exetrius

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Seems light bluish grey to me.

I agree, but was no aware that was available in BAM :shrug_oh_well:

The new city farm sets have been revealed and holy cow! 

cow in a new color + calf

pig with 2 piglets

sheep with lamb and a new feature, it’s like wool barding, so the sheep can be sheared. 

So cool!

43 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

The new city farm sets have been revealed and holy cow! 

cow in a new color + calf

pig with 2 piglets

sheep with lamb and a new feature, it’s like wool barding, so the sheep can be sheared. 

So cool!

Someone in the brickset comments suggested that they could make a new wolf that the 'wool barding' would fit on, so that we can have a wolf in sheep's clothing and that would be brilliant.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I agree, but was no aware that was available in BAM :shrug_oh_well:

I’ve found the light bley, dk orange tabby, and the dark bley exclusive cat in BAMs fairly regularly. Light bley is rarest in my experience. 

44 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Someone in the brickset comments suggested that they could make a new wolf that the 'wool barding' would fit on, so that we can have a wolf in sheep's clothing and that would be brilliant.

Yes. We also need a fox to sort out that lame chicken coop

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

35 minutes ago, williejm said:

I’ve found the light bley, dk orange tabby, and the dark bley exclusive cat in BAMs fairly regularly. Light bley is rarest in my experience. 

Yes. We also need a fox to sort out that lame chicken coop

Agreed about wolf and fox. It would be perfect to create an adorable story for scene!

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Ok, thanks for the info:classic: I am not often enough in Lego stores I see :wink:

25 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

50 euro for the biggest farm set. Wonder how much the animals will cost each in B&P as there are lots of it in.

If the cow end up costing 10 euro alone like the new horse it is probably better to buy the set on sale :tongue:

The farm animals look great.  I'll probably wait and see if they will come out on pick a brick and see what the prices are.  That new corn piece looks great.  I like the brown chickens I just wish they did other colors too, two chickens is not enough for a chicken coop and where is the rooster?.  

On 4/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, INTENSS said:

You’re not kidding.  If this is the kind of stuff they’ll put out (new torso prints, etc) then I’m fine with Castle/Vikings living in this area without a full theme.  Looks like it’s actually THREE new torsos in this set.

I don’t know, that printing, especially on the back, looks a bit 3rd party to me.  The person who posted it seems to dabble in custom stuff.  Also, I’d prefer to see that picture inside the store with other torsos rather than displayed on its own at home.  I’m not buying this one but am more than happy to eat crow if it turns out to be true.

Well I’m pleased to be wrong on this one.  Looks like some others have shown up around the UK.

This is just awesome.  Classic helmets were there as well.

I don’t really know what this concept is about, but my guess on Mythica is contemporary kids interacting with mythological animal combos in a Pokémon style? Oh yeah, and throw an Avatar style elemental magic thing. 

Am I close?

Mythica is apparently a new-ish area of Legoland parks. Most of images I'm seeing (just type "Lego Mythica" into a search engine) feature a sort of albino lion pegasus creature that actually looks halfway decent for fantasy builds... and a multicolored, out-of-proportion unicorn that does not. I'm assuming this set is meant to raise awareness of and promote the new addition to the parks? Either that, or it will be exclusive to the parks in the same way as sets like these.

405xx sets currently are used for :

• GWP
  • Minifig packs
  • LEGO exclusive Creator sets (like sunflowers or small vespa)
  • Xtra polybags also used 404xx so new ones likely will have 405xx or 406xx if they continue as well

It's very likely this will be LEGO exclusive, but might even be LEGOLAND exclusive as well as 2018-2021 LEGOLAND sets used the  404xx and 403xx range which is basicly shared by a lot of those exclusive set types.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

405xx sets currently are used for :

• GWP
  • Minifig packs
  • LEGO exclusive Creator sets (like sunflowers or small vespa)
  • Xtra polybags also used 404xx so new ones likely will have 405xx or 406xx if they continue as well

It's very likely this will be LEGO exclusive, but might even be LEGOLAND exclusive as well as 2018-2021 LEGOLAND sets used the  404xx and 403xx range which is basicly shared by a lot of those exclusive set types.

Yeah, this is most likely a Legoland promotional set. As such I wouldn't hold out a ton of hope for historic fig parts, since the included figs are more likely to be park staff or tourists.

It's said to be the sky lion, the unicorn, venus fly trap and 2 children minifigs.  

25 minutes ago, durazno33 said:

Jay Bricks posted an article about some new build a minifigure options that came out today. A new castle torso reusing the "black falcons" chrest as maybe the "white falcons"?

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/are-lego-introducing-a-new-castle-faction-the-white-falcons/

This is an enormous leap in logic. One torso introduced to BAM means that there's a whole new faction coming? The article is filled with ambiguous terms, like how Lego is going to introduce the "White Falcons" as a full-on faction later this year without explaining how. Remember that lion shield that showed up in BAM three years ago? Currently, that's the same amount of evidence he has here. 

Of course, if this turns out to be the case I'd be thrilled, but it would require Lego to step well outside of its comfort zone and release an honest-to-God Castle theme.

Mickey mouse castle has some... interesting parts. If the torsos go on PAB I'll get some but PAB is only 'bestsellers' at the moment (which I'm sure is a misnomer as the sheep has got to be  a bestseller)

Hare in a city set!

Edited by Agent Kallus

Picture of Mythica Lion/Portal set (40556) appeared, has LEGOLAND on the box so exclusive.

Those nexo shield tiles with runes look great as parts.

Edited by TeriXeri

The Ninjago sets have some great parts especially the villains headpiece, Lloyds golden oni mask, and the previously known dragon wing on the minifigs.  Also the dragon head on the ninjas masks is nice.  There is a hare recolor in the city set.  The city animal rescue set also has the flying owl and a baby panther and crocodile.    Mickey's castle set could have a nice torso from mickey its hard to see.  The Ninjago 4+ set has some dragon wings and a recolor on a dragon head.  

24 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Picture of Mythica Lion/Portal set appeared, has LEGOLAND on the box so exclusive.

It looks ok.  

Edited by zoth33

2 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

It looks ok.  

Lion and Portal look good, after the plants got build it seems the budget ran out for the unicorn, however I know nothing about the park ride it's based on.

1 minute ago, TeriXeri said:

Lion and Portal look good, after the plants got build it seems the budget ran out for the unicorn, however I know nothing about the park ride it's based on.

Yeah neither do I.  My youngest son wants to go to legoland in NY this year.  Our summer is pretty busy so will have to wait and see if we can make it out there.