Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

Bread Production in Oros

Upon receiving word from Osric that food shortages had stretched all throughout the guilds, Lord Orys Farwind decreed an order to increase food production. As a farmer himself, he placed himself at the head of the effort, and wasted no time in getting the harvest in.

20634438026_4c1acbfc1c_c.jpg

Lord Orys is reaping the wheat with a sickle as another worker rakes the wheat into piles before packing it into sacks.

20634435676_423f455591_c.jpg

The cut wheat is then brought to the mill where the grain is separated and cleaned. It is then ground in the mill into flour.

20634432186_f1950c18ec_c.jpg

The local baker goes through barrels of flour very quickly. Here he waves to those passing by as he waits for his last batch of the day to finish baking.

20660700125_7b66e466e3_c.jpg

His daughter sells his baked goods in a stall next to the bakery.

20667383831_fdf8b41b1f_c.jpg

The result is always the same; a happy and smiling customer.

20667395181_f1328bcb53_c.jpg

One of the mill workers is taking a break and enjoying other food produced from Oros' harvest as another farmer brings his harvest to market.

20473950799_fac7f3b47b_c.jpg

This is the first large MOC I've finished that's viewable at 360 degrees, although the two sides are a little lack-luster.

20039751543_6f10a70532_c.jpg

20660696415_7cbf006177_c.jpg

20039750293_262713cd89_c.jpg

A few bonus pictures!

20660694875_6d1b2ba525_c.jpg

20473961049_0da7f256be_c.jpg

20472691388_74566b4ec7_c.jpg

20472688158_607539004f_c.jpg

Well, I hope someone enjoys this build as I have. It's certainly one of my favorites that I've built. I forgot to take a figless shot, but if I get another chance to take pictures I'll be sure to do so and include it later. Comments and advice are always welcome! Thanks!

Edited by MiloNelsiano

Great build, the windmill in particular is pretty nice and I also like the wheat being harvested :thumbup:

I like that everything is within that smal place. Great Job. And of course I like the mill. She looks realy new.

Very nice build! The tower is great, I really like how clean the stone work looks and at the same time quite detailed! All the sand green bricks are pretty sweet looking too! :drool:

Wow, what an excellent and vibrant entry! I love the mix of classic and more intricate architecture here, and the windmill is especially impressive (that roof!). The whole scene is very lively, great looking figs too! A very nice entry, great work!

Excellent build and photography MN, one of - if not absolutely - my favorites of yours so far! I'm really liking the windmill walls and roof, great technique for a clean round tower! :thumbup: All the action going on is superb as well, you certainly have everything you need together in this build! :wink:

I really like your clean look, it's a nice contrast to all the crumbly-droopy-lumpy building being built these days! The one thing I would suggest is to put some inverted slopes on the underside of the gables on the blue building. Other than that, lovely!

Excellent entry, MN! :wub: The mill is superb and I really like all the activity :thumbup: ]

Nice touch with the cut wheat in bags too :classic:

Easily one of my favorites from you, the whole build comes together wonderfully :wub: Superb windmill and cottage, and all the fig activity really brings it to life :thumbup:

The guy harvesting wheat, and the little well are two of my favorite details :classic:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you liked it. It all came together very nicely for me. And about the sand green masonry bricks, they have them at LegoLand Germany where you buy them by weight, so that's how I got so many!

Great build, Milo! You have packed so many nice details and included the full process from grain to bread.

My favourite detail is the cute little market stall, but the well and the mill are other great highlights.

This seems like a really nice contender for the challenge! (And an obvious entry for task 4 :wink: )

Great build, Milo!

The stonework on the windmill is amazing! I would like to see more coverage of the gaps in the roof, but the roof still looks great as well! The activity of this build and the number of things fit into such a small space makes this one very nice build!

Great round roof! I love how you depicted every single step of the bread production. Lovely work.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback!

Great build, Milo!

The stonework on the windmill is amazing! I would like to see more coverage of the gaps in the roof, but the roof still looks great as well! The activity of this build and the number of things fit into such a small space makes this one very nice build!

Thanks! I definitely tried to cover the gaps, but did the best I could (trying to get that roof just right probably took up almost half of the total build time put into this one). After looking at the pictures a while ago I had an idea that might have worked to cover them, but this build has long been taken apart. I might try it again sometime though!

Great round roof! I love how you depicted every single step of the bread production. Lovely work.

Thank you. I was certainly trying to show every step, though to be fair I did leave out the process of separating and cleaning the grain (I had planned to put that process where the well was built, but it just didn't look right, as the process required very specific looking baskets). Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nice build overall, great windmill (especially the wings) and nice little scenes with the minifigs.

The photography is also excellent, may I ask what you backdrop and lighting setup is? :classic:

(Based on the impressive amount of sand green masonry bricks I suspect that the LUGBULK has already arrived in your area...?)

Nice build overall, great windmill (especially the wings) and nice little scenes with the minifigs.

The photography is also excellent, may I ask what you backdrop and lighting setup is? :classic:

(Based on the impressive amount of sand green masonry bricks I suspect that the LUGBULK has already arrived in your area...?)

I'm really glad you liked the photography, because my setup is actually very basic. It's also usually my least favorite step of the process. I usually try to take all my pictures on my balcony which faces to the west, so on a nice rainy or cloudy day it's the perfect lighting (at least it has been, with the chain seasons it hasn't worked quite as nicely as there is a large building that's starting to block the sun more as the sun sets farther to the south). As for a backdrop, I usually just use printer paper underneath, and taped to the wall behind as well. Afterwards I just use GIMP, which if I remember right you reccomended for me! About as simple as it gets, but unfortunately only works if the weather, and apparently also seasons, cooperate.

I'm not sure about LugBulk, as I haven't yet been able to participate (hoping to next year however!), but I bought all of my sand green masonry bricks at the pick a brick wall in Lego Land Germany.

Edited by MiloNelsiano