mccoyed

The Algus Saga - Fleeing Hardhearth

20146423628_be7acb25cf_b.jpg

The residents of Hardhearth, a once proud and independent Mitgardian village, have taken to their boats in flight! They flee in terror down the riverways south of Nordheim, hoping to outrun the Algus menace that has descended upon them.

20340481301_3277e3ef09_b.jpg

The escape is haphazard and rushed, with little room on the boats for even those who make it. Some swim after them, hoping desperately to get away.

19713446413_8f77223c42_b.jpg

Others grit their teeth and do what they must, to save the lives of friends, neighbours, and comrades stricken by the curse of the Algus.

19713444053_28b572613e_b.jpg

And the scourge? They stand resolute, watching, a haunting reminder of an evil moving ever southward. One of their leaders, the Horned King, personally bears witness to the flight of the Hardhearth folk. His lieutenants and berserkers and cryomancers leer at the humans beneath their forest of icy blades and pikes.

20325965312_5ab07bdc2c_b.jpg

Only a lone goodwife, armed with a bow, summons the nerve to look back at them what drove her and hers from their homes. Her hands shake with what she tells herself is merely the unnatural cold, but her gaze does not waver.

Excellent story and build! Love the fig with a case of frostbite in his arm... :laugh:

Sweet boats! The studs out sail with standard yellow and green plates looks way better than I would have expected :thumbup: Good water effects too :classic:

The "hatchet" pic cracked me up! :laugh:

I really like the water here, it's so gosh-darn classic feeling and reminds me of some of the LEGO displays I saw at the malls as a kid. It works really well with the blockish aesthetic of the longboats too. :thumbup:

Great illustrations to the story, I especially like the Algus figs and the water :classic:

Such a vibrant and well photographed build, excellent work my friend. Love the curse aspect here, adds a whole other level of wickedness to those nasty Algus. Also must say the longboat designs are great and well done. The sail looks a little too even however, perhaps staggering the green/yellow plates would give the impression of the sail catching wind. Anyways, sweet build!

The "hatchet" pic cracked me up! :laugh:

I really like the water here, it's so gosh-darn classic feeling and reminds me of some of the LEGO displays I saw at the malls as a kid. It works really well with the blockish aesthetic of the longboats too. :thumbup:

Thanks! This is by far my favorite way to do lego water. Though next time I'd probably put a border on a build like this. And yeah, that poor guy is gonna lose an arm but maybe not his life! At least!

Great illustrations to the story, I especially like the Algus figs and the water :classic:

Thanks Gideon!

Such a vibrant and well photographed build, excellent work my friend. Love the curse aspect here, adds a whole other level of wickedness to those nasty Algus. Also must say the longboat designs are great and well done. The sail looks a little too even however, perhaps staggering the green/yellow plates would give the impression of the sail catching wind. Anyways, sweet build!

Thanks ME. I did try staggering the plates but it ended up looking weird with such a small sail. If I ever do a bigger longship, I'll either use cloth or brick-build a more dynamic looking sail.

Lovely ships, although they do seems somewhat small for "long"-boats! :tongue:

The group of Algus seem really menacing, and I really like the action going on in the "boat shot" :thumbup:

The boats look nice, especially with all the different shields, and the action of the event is well represented. One can easily sense the urgency of the moment. The swimmers have shown the importance of timing too. This fits the expanding story line quite well.

@mccoyed You should have included a giant in this scene, as well as some more skeletal algus. (Hint hint)