Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

http://community.bri...&comment=517787

I was not only sure to post link to brickpicker here.

Thanks! For those of you without Brickpicker account. This is the rumor:

No store employee didn't tell me today that the Ultimate IP car will be a Technic Batmobile, the version from the upcoming movie.

There are already two sets of the new batmobile on the next year:

Lego-Dawn-of-Justice-Batmobile-dc-comics-super-heroes.jpg21898982730_015ee782d9_o.jpgOK, this one is a polybag

Edited by Kaanere

I would take the technic batmobile with a grain of salt, it just doesnt make any sense.... and would surely alienate technic fans in favor to reaching to the broader audience (superhero movie fans).

We can surely find out in february next year.

But still price 300 euro is probably over limit for most of us, they must come with something really special to justify this price tag...

could LP mean last production? Then a Defender could make sense and since it runs out of production next year and Sheepos made the 10k at Lego Ideas... :wink:

who knows :devil:

Edited by Pat-Ard

Well, if "Ultimate IP" car is going to be a Batmobile... then it is probably an easy pass. Just collect new parts, if any.

But still price 300 euro is probably over limit for most of us, they must come with something really special to justify this price tag...
Sure, include couple of unique minifigures, that are out of scale, and here you go.

I'm skipping the IP Supercar if it turns out to be a BMW i8, the car has very bland design though the mechanicals are futuristic IMO. If it turns out to be one of the Holy Trinity Hypercars (Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche) then I might consider it, but Lego Technic is best played when they put out something like a bulldozer (that 8275) and I wish Lego makes a Caterpillar D9, a very large mining truck, articulated hauler (the Volvo A25F was the closest we can get), a tipper truck (42043 Arocs) or something even bigger, the 8110 was a special set and I'd really love to see another Unimog from the Technic line or even a Zetros.

Is that a joke? If there really will be a batmobile "ucs" technic set, that is reeeeeeeeeeallly bad news :-(

Previously posted photos of already revealed sets of the new batmobile indicate a rather fugly pile of black panels. There better be some candy bellow the hood.

Maybe such a high price comes out just because it is a licenced set, perhaps it contains another two exclusive minifigs - boooooring...

I honestly don't think the new batmobile would be a good choice. It's not nearly as iconic as the Tumbler or the Burton version, or as technically interesting as the Arkham Knight one. Plus, I do not think there is a lot of overlap between fans of that stuff and Technic. A much better choice would be a James Bond style car, a liscensed exterior with some serious firepower under the hood.

My vote is still BMW, as their slogan is, after all, "The Ultimate Driving Machine."

I hope that's a bad joke, if not I happily skip and save a lot of money.

A batmobile? I really really hope not. I mean, we have waited so long and asked so many times for a huge UCS Technic set. Now that it looks as though we might be getting one, isn't there soooooo many better things to build than a batmobile? What about a Lamborghini Aventador or Land rover defender or if not a car, and JCB back hoe or a space shuttle. It just seems a bit ridiculous. Did they not even see MOS? It sucked! But oh well, think positive! OK, so if it is indeed a batmobile (I really don't believe that it is but this is speculation!) best case scenario for me would be:

Brand new and authentic 6 speed transmission,

suspension,

authentic steering geometry of real life super cars,

if it must be RC then make it RC, with better RC motors and controllers and have the 6 speed transmission be sequential and fully operated by remote,

new much stronger drive line components like diffs and CV joints,

new larger and deeper wheels to properly accommodate the larger CV joints and authentic steering,

and possibly new planetary gear reduction hubs mounted inside the large rear wheels with have a tread pattern and size suitable for large JCB builds.

Yup, I am asking for those things again and it's a lot, but they are going to charge a lot for it so I want a lot in return. A box of 3'500 mostly black Technic bits with nothing new will not make me want to pay even half the price they would likely charge for it. I suppose it'll be a mix of black, very very dark grey and colour vomit. On the bright side, given the possible features list I came up with for this set, it is possible that it could be a batmobile and still be a truly great set. On the other hand, it could be like the ferrari sets, all Technic bits and not worth the name Technic, only this time, with a pf xl motor for drive, servo for steering, rc (and that's pretty much your lot for functions), 2 - 3 times the price and as ugly as a squashed rat.

So yeah, if it is a batmobile, it could be absolutely fantastic all the way down to worst Technic set ever. Only time will tell.

Well I always wondered what the "IP" in IP car was supposed to mean anyway. Google didn't help, but now that you mention Batman...

IP has been used to say "intellectual property", which would fit with covering up that it would be a Batmobile: intellectual property car.

Do I like it? Not really. Like the others I think the Batmobile for the new movie is ugly and rather dumb as a first choice for a Technic UCS set. I was kinda thinking this 300 euro set would turn out to be the 40th Technic anniversary set for 2017 (leaked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early) and Lego basically going full circle to their first "Supercar" in 1977: the 853. Oh well, maybe it still happens :look:

Edited by Appie

I hope, and expect, that this rumour is just humbug.

No way that Lego would release a batman/tumbler set so soon after the UCS, just in a different theme.

And indeed, i'm not to keen to pay € 300 or more for just a pile of black or very dark grey parts.

The Batmobile is already a flagship set in DC Comics aka 76023 The Tumbler, if Lego is indeed working on another Batmobile I'm bailing out of it. The IP Car I hope will be any of the Holy Trinity Hypercars, Ford is celebrating the GT's 1-2-3 win in the 1966 Le Mans with 2017 Ford GT so this might strike a pose for first American license in the Technic line. Other candidates in mind would be the current Lambo Aventador SV, the Audi R8 V10 Plus or even the extreme Bugatti Veyron Super Sports.

It will NOT be a batmobile because it would not be accepted by AFOLs... logical... and Tumbler was already UCS... so it's unlogical rumor... not worth to discuss about that...

Max...

It will NOT be a batmobile because it would not be accepted by AFOLs... logical... and Tumbler was already UCS... so it's unlogical rumor... not worth to discuss about that...

Max...

Really, lego is interested in afols :laugh: .If there will be enough buying kids from wealthy parents and batman fans I see no problem in batman as technic UCS even if there is tumbler...

Max...

Accepted by AFOLs or not, that's probably won't have much impact on TLGs decision to release one if it makes good business sense.

My view of UCS = a gigantic load of plates arranged to form a weird object, and no idea why are they made or why they are interesting. But like someone pointed, if a set proves makes money, it is produced. I heard that a very weird sort of LEGO saved it from bankruptcy in early 2000s. So I'd say LEGO learned the hard way to follow the trend. Nowadays weirdness prospers. Look at most PlayStation games for instance.

Of course these are just my views, not anything more.

Edited by Samer

Thanks! For those of you without Brickpicker account. This is the rumor:

No store employee didn't tell me today that the Ultimate IP car will be a Technic Batmobile, the version from the upcoming movie.

So, basically "someone on the internet said..."

If you would read the first post by Ondra on the batmobile,(the brickpicker link) you would see that someone says that "he would give a vote to the batmobile" and so it goes... There is nothing to worry about!

Here is a picture of the new batmobile from the movie.

image too big

I dont like the idea either, I think LEGO needs to focus on technic for the technic people and super hero for the nerds :tongue:

Edited by Jim
Image too big

I wouldn't phrase it that way, as it is a little bit disparaging to nerds, which most of us are, but I agree with the sentiment. Lego needs to do Technic stuff for the Technic people, and superhero stuff for the comic book people.

But honestly, this rumor is a load of bunk. Speaking from experience, I'd say that Lego store employees have pretty much no knowledge of upcoming sets, any more than a person on the street, so this just sounds like an unfounded opinion, or maybe a personal wish. Really, it also makes little business sense. Why would Lego release a $300+ set of a vehicle in tie in to a movie that has not come in, and may honestly flop hard? Plus, I think that a new UCS Batmobile is too soon, the Tumbler only came out like September of last year.

Ya, TSS is too close to TSA, and I know how people feel about them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone see this yet?

Sorry, wrong topic, was late when I found that :blush: :blush: