Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

It would be nice a dragster at a scale 1:10 like, maybe about 35-40cm long, with the 81,6x44 tires from the 76023 set, and with PF, it would be a nice set.

It would be nice a dragster at a scale 1:10 like, maybe about 35-40cm long, with the 81,6x44 tires from the 76023 set, and with PF, it would be a nice set.

Yes it would be ice looking one with that tires and cool looking outside aesthetics

There is high probabiity, that dragster will use tumbler tires.Im right?I will probably as many others buy this dragster only for that tires.

I dont see many functions on that dragster, steering and maybe movable spoiler and opening canopy packed in sleek design.

There is high probabiity, that dragster will use tumbler tires.Im right?I will probably as many others buy this dragster only for that tires.

I dont see many functions on that dragster, steering and maybe movable spoiler and opening canopy packed in sleek design.

Haha , pretty sure that lego will make the "movable spoiler like in the 42026+42027 b-model.(Look at my signature :laugh: )

Have I missed something? How do we know this dragster isn't another pull-back model?

From what (little) we know about next year's sets, the Getaway Racer & Police Interceptor seem to be the pull-back models - their set numbers are consecutive and the preliminary prices are bang-on with previous pull-backs. So it's likely that the dragster won't be a pull-back, unless they want to release three of them in a year.

Edited by Jay Psi

A few pages late, but I'd like to point out that Lego once TRIED to end Technic, and did an about-face when they realized what a terrible decision that was. Remember how the Technic sets from 2003 lacked the Technic branding? That was one of the ways Lego tried to "reinvent" itself during their economic troubles, along with the replacement of Lego Duplo with the less successful, more nebulous "Lego Explore". One of the first moves made by the soon-to-be CEO Jørgen vig Knudstorp when tasked with getting the company back on track in 2004 was to reinstate both product categories under their classic names. You can be sure that Lego is not going to repeat that mistake at least for as long as Knudstorp remains in charge.

EDIT: As if that alone weren't enough reason to doubt Technic's discontinuation, there's this from their latest interim results: "Lines such as LEGO City, LEGO Creator, LEGO Technic, and LEGO Star Warsâ„¢ continue to deliver very strong global results."

Edited by Lyichir

Have I missed something? How do we know this dragster isn't another pull-back model?

Price will be about 50$, also last year pullback record breaker's official description it say that he is a dragster.So two dragsters in pullback theme will be enough. Edited by Ondra

Huh? Two versions of the Crawler, and 8043 don't count?

My mistake, im not into construction type stuff, so i dont know all the details on those models

Still, a slow crawling crane and a dragster are two very different things, given how much effort it takes to get a big RC model moving at any speed, i doubt its something lego will do stock

Price will be about 50$, also last year pullback record breaker's official description it say that he is a dragster.So two dragsters in pullback theme will be enough.

both 42027 and 42010 are very similar, "off-road racer" and "desert racer", released one year apart. And the combined model for 42011 and 42010 was a dragster as well.

There is only so much you can do with the pullback racer formula to begin with, maybe a muscle car or european looking sports car, anything else would be a repeat of dune buggy/open wheel racer/quad bike/dragster which we've all seen.

It would be fun to see a Tumbler wheel scale Drag Racer but not all 2H sets can be huge. My guess is that Gargo Helicopter, Drag Racer and that Bucket Thingie are small to medium sized (15€ to 30€) just because I don't believe any of the other sets make much sense in small size.

Edit: I bought 4 Tumbler wheels from bricks & pieces already (10€ each!) so I am fine either way personally.

If these rumors are true, I wonder how it'll stack up to 9396. IMO that's a great set, so it has a high benchmark to beat

My mistake, im not into construction type stuff, so i dont know all the details on those models

Still, a slow crawling crane and a dragster are two very different things, given how much effort it takes to get a big RC model moving at any speed,

Crawler was a 4X4 truck, not construction equipment. What were the sets with the RC buggy motors if not Technic?

If these rumors are true, I wonder how it'll stack up to 9396. IMO that's a great set, so it has a high benchmark to beat

I cannot agree more. The 9396 is one of my favorite sets. I actually own three copies, which says it all. Really looking forward to an addition to the fleet.

So another rumours, it looks like that first half flagship is heavy lift helicopter with price 120 €. Source http://www.doktor-br...71643#post71643

So it looks like it will be chinook...

Whoa. THAT is the first-half flagship? Not the Volvo, not the Claas, not the Ultimate IP Car. Sounds like a red herring to me. Edited by XAxles

Whoa. THAT is the first-half flagship? Not the Volvo, not the Claas, not the Ultimate IP Car. Sounds like a red herring to me.

Why not?Cargo plane needs replacement and best replacement is another air vehicle.It looks like planes and helicopters are popular amongst kids in technic theme.

I missed 9396 because Im idiot, but if this rumour is true I will not missed it for sure.I hope for motorized twin rotor helicopter that is very, very big...

I found this MOC of chinook, I hope it will be similar. http://florian.asso-...com/lego/ch113/

ch113-1.jpg

Edited by Ondra

Why not?Cargo plane needs replacement and best replacement is another air vehicle.It looks like planes and helicopters are popular amongst kids in technic theme.

I missed 9396 because Im idiot, but if this rumour is true I will not missed it for sure.I hope for motorized twin rotor helicopter that is very, very big...

I found this MOC of chinook, I hope it will be similar. http://florian.asso-...com/lego/ch113/

42025 is a H2 set though, dont they get cycled in 2 year periods? (42000 to 42039 did..)

Anyone know what the 2014 H1 flagship was?

42025 is a H2 set though, dont they get cycled in 2 year periods? (42000 to 42039 did..)

Anyone know what the 2014 H1 flagship was?

Nope, the 42025 was 1H.

Whoa. THAT is the first-half flagship? Not the Volvo, not the Claas, not the Ultimate IP Car. Sounds like a red herring to me.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Although I do not need Helicopter, when it would be orange, orange panels, liftarms and axle/pin connectors would be great for MOC supercar... :D :D :D ...all in lime would be more better but stays only as a dream... :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Nope, the 42025 was 1H.

According to brickset it was H1 in EU/UK and H2 in the US (which is odd, considering im european and thought it was H2)

I guess i have less time left to pick it up then i thought.. still not entirely sure though

But yeah, with 9396 in 2012, 42025 in 2014, id expect a new air verhicle in the next batch, here's to hoping its a cool chopper!