Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

It looks like the Porsche has paddle gear shifters, which would be a real neat feature and probably pretty sophisticated if the drivetrain is set up like a real Porsche.

So what to expect from now on? Is this an exception or will become the norm? Because I see 3 full flagships on 2H this year.

Slightly OT but lol at those poor folks at zusammengebaut.com. 15.01 a post about some Friends train set. 19.01 our servers where temporarily down. Ough they went offline for several hours just because we wanted info on new sets. :grin:

As for the higher part count. Sure, but 99% of the pieces would be pins or no one could afford it. :tongue:

So, don't say TLG does not read EB - or listens to AFOLs :wink:

These are ALL pretty much directed to grown ups (with a kid inside, sure), especially the Porsche which will be quite special, just wait and see ..

What did you want? Something not seen before, supercars, +4k parts, large turntable, bigger pneumatic actuators, sets close to their original counterparts, license etc ... you got it now :wub:

So, if there's much rejoicing and little "that SUCKS!" TLG might continue down this very path in the future

Now, if they would just do the same with trains, sigh ..

Cheers,

Ole

After some of the very meh sets we got recently, seing all those great models is a relief. :)

Good work Lego !

So which one is considered to be the flagship, the BWE or the Porsche? They both look epic.

Someone said that no 1 can beat Crowkillers Porsche... Dude you were so wrong. That thing is levels above.

I don't know who said that, but I would hope that Lego could do far better considering that the designers have all of the resources and technology to design specialized new parts to fit their needs.. I had to work with what was available at the time which was 4 years ago..

I didn't know that I was in a competition with Lego.. :laugh:

What I like about these sets is that they seem to have a bunch of "system parts" (what I call normal LEGO) to enhance the realism of them. That is nice as there's only so much panels/flexaxles can do

Cheers,

Ole

It's amazing that TLG made the 2h 2016 sets an AFOL festival. I love it, hopefully they will continue this path. Every 2h Technic set is on my day-one purchase list, especially the Claas and Porsche. Keep it up Lego, thanks!

Yep, first time since I've come back to "legoing" that I feel the need to buy all 2h sets!

Just can't wait to get my hands on the Porsche!!!

(Hopefully TLG will make the Super Seven as a creator set too then all is good! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/87703 )

Edited by Lundgren

Just bought a house. Maybe I can use the BWE for my driveway, and the Volvo for the garden. The CLAAS for tree removal. And the Porsche for in the garage.

Just bought a house. Maybe I can use the BWE for my driveway, and the Volvo for the garden. The CLAAS for tree removal. And the Porsche for in the garage.

:thumbup::laugh:

I'm not sure about the BWE, but it might grow on me with time. Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with what I've seen so far.

ff6569a7c9289d6bfff9d7598dc5b32b1.jpg

I have never EVER seen eurobricks this busy, not for a single minute, and this is going for hours! The designers really got us excited this time. i thought it would be a while after the Arocs before we got something aimed at us AFOLs again, everything is awesome!