Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Id be very disappointed if the ultimate IP car turns out to be an i8, im not a huge BMW fan, and the i8, while technologically very impressive, just doesnt seem ultimate to me. Its not a poster-car like a top end Ferrari or Lambo.

Im holding out hope that it is a LaFerrari or the like, Lego have a long history of working with Ferrari, and im sure the Italians would be delighted at the idea of the biggest most impressive technic car ever being a Ferrari.

Am I the only one that thinks that the "Ultimate" 300€ set should have been the BuWeEx and not the car?

And I agree in everything that Ondra said.

Both can be biggest in their own way.BWE can have similar piece count as arocs because can be without fully motorization.Ultimate ip car can be fully motorized with same amount of pf elements as volvo loader plus about 2000 pieces and licensing so price 300 euro make sense.

Price for second biggest set is rumoured 220 euro.

Ondra... every design of every car is secured... but when you as our Lego spy agent say that i8 is possible then OK... It would mean for me that I would buy this set just for parts because I don't like the i8 design and also how BMW promotes this car... Although I think it will not be the i8... for sure... :)

Max...

Is there a specific date to announce 1H?

This is what I am interested in right now. Also, will USA get access to H1 at the same time as the rest of the world? Edited by Thirdwigg

Can you imagine biggest landmachine ever as smallest lego technic set?This will be very bad set...Also I never saw BWE MOC that use small number of parts, I think its impossible to archieve every function in small size, probably is but it will be pretty shitty.

.Also when lego started with five digit number , there is order in set list.Higher number mean higher price.Except two pullback racers from first year when they started with this

Volvo can be smallest, this can be archieved with pneumatic parts easily.Power functions can be optional,

Xerion can be something like red pickup from two years before.Same tyres and piece count.

BWE flagship for second half. :classic:

Before i could, since the biggest earth movers on the planet (the mining truck) has been made only one time by technic and turned out to be a surprising small 360 pcs set, so why not again? but what talks against that theory is the digit numbers... as we know the last nr is the flagship and the second last nr is the second biggest set - thats the pattern over the last few years.

Here's some guesses that makes sense:

Volvo excavator - 700-800 pcs, pneumatic and maybe the return of the air tanks. Power functions doesnt even has to be optional here.

Xerion - 1000-1200 pcs, a bigger and better version of the 8284, several steering functions i.e crab steering, rotating cab. PW optional.

BWE - 1500-2000 pcs, a bigger version of the 42042 with ofc a bucket wheel instead of a crane, but with similar gear box system (one motor for all functions) PW ofcourse included.

IP car - 1500-2000 pcs, with some new RC parts which makes it so expensive

Edited by GoldVillage

Regarding the BWE, just take a look at this model from a mad model maker:

This model is so big, that it is impossible to get an overall view of it in a single picture, and the pictures he has on his blog are far too big to link here, so just look at the site:

http://bagger288mecc...0&max-results=7

It is at 1:18 scale, which puts it at roughly 17 meters long, and it weighs like 1.2 tons. He is also putting it up for sale, for about $125,000. Now, I know Lego would never make a model this size, but even with a smaller one, what features would the Lego version have? How would they represent the tracks? how would they do a discharge conveyor? What would the size roughly be? If it is indeed a flagship, it might end up being 3 to 4 feet long, as it is mostly truss.

Edited by Saberwing40k

The i8 is a cool car it just doesn't scream cool for me, The design is just boring, keeping my fingers crossed for a more appropriate adaptation. Bugatti Veyron anyone? I'm still weighing on the hypercar trio and my best bet is still the 918 RSR

This is what I am interested in right now. Also, will USA get access to H1 at the same time as the rest of the world?

If the last few years are anything to go off, we'll get some of the 1H sets on 1Jan, but the 1H Flagship, plus one other set, will show up with the 2H wave in August. :sceptic: TLG hate us in that way.

Before i could, since the biggest earth movers on the planet (the mining truck) has been made only one time by technic and turned out to be a surprising small 360 pcs set, so why not again? but what talks against that theory is the digit numbers... as we know the last nr is the flagship and the second last nr is the second biggest set - thats the pattern over the last few years.

Here's some guesses that makes sense:

Volvo excavator - 700-800 pcs, pneumatic and maybe the return of the air tanks. Power functions doesnt even has to be optional here.

Xerion - 1000-1200 pcs, a bigger and better version of the 8284, several steering functions i.e crab steering, rotating cab. PW optional.

BWE - 1500-2000 pcs, a bigger version of the 42042 with ofc a bucket wheel instead of a crane, but with similar gear box system (one motor for all functions) PW ofcourse included.

IP car - 1500-2000 pcs, with some new RC parts which makes it so expensive

Cwetqo say that prices for second half are these 50, 150, 220 and 300 all in euros.So second biggest set must be something big.Ip car is rumoured as UCS withv300€ price range.

Cwetqo say that prices for second half are these 50, 150, 220 and 300 all in euros.So second biggest set must be something big.Ip car is rumoured as UCS withv300€ price range.

So, a 50 euros licensed set or a 50 euros BWE, both will be unusual, :sceptic:

I think it all sounds good really. I'm definitely anticipating the latter sets more than the "1H" wave, although I do want the Mine Loader.

Wonder if it'll go with the BuWheEx? :wink:

Edited by Maaboo35

Ondra... every design of every car is secured... but when you as our Lego spy agent say that i8 is possible then OK... It would mean for me that I would buy this set just for parts because I don't like the i8 design and also how BMW promotes this car... Although I think it will not be the i8... for sure... :)

Max...

Im not lego agent :blush: , I only know that there were few events where they promote BMW in enormous way http://www.bmwpedia....x1-lego-edition and http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/04/bmw-i8-now-in-lego/ .Also creator Mini cooper is BMW license. Edited by Ondra

The car is definitely 300 EUR. The BWE is right before the car in terms of set number so it just doesn't make any sense for a set right before the biggest set to have a price of 50 EUR. At least since 2011. My bet for the 50 EUR set is the Xerion. It doesn't seem to have many things to be a big set.

The IP car has been revealed...

21.jpg

Max... :P

You're a bit early... April 1st. is in 6 months.

Edited by Zblj

Hmm.. Not so sure that TLC would use 3rd party parts for their models.. :laugh:

Or even use older panels again, as a matter of fact.

So, a 50 euros licensed set or a 50 euros BWE, both will be unusual, :sceptic:

Very! nothing makes sense... the first set of the 2H is usually the smallest one and in this case we are to believe that a licensed VOLVO excavator(!) will cost only 50? if it does, then theres no chance for any pneumatics. But if the Xerion also is a mid size set it could cost 50, then theres a small chance that the excavator is the 150 euro(or $?) set, but on the other hand i doubt that the excavator in similar size as the xerion could be as much as 3 times more expensive, even with fancy pneumatics.

So maybe its the BWE after all thats the smallest 2H set... either way the outcome will be strange, so these price rumours must be just rumours.