Note to readers: if you're rushed for time, you can skip to the last paragraph.

16650758109_9c85c03c97_z.jpg

Siedna: Ah, good, we're all here. Council members, as you can see, we're joined today by Lady Akantha, at the invitation of the Alikos elders.

Matteus: Okay, let's get straight to business. Ruadh must choose a side in this conflict. Look, I know y'all don't want to get involved, but we may not have a choice in the matter. The best defense is a good offense, right?

Euphemios: That my be true in battle, Matteus, but I don't believe it's the best course of action for our community.

Siedna: You'd prefer we remain neutral, then?

Euphemios: The Tauri of the Alikos are not bloodthirsty like you humans! We wish only to follow our ways in peace. Together with the Atelier, Siedna, we have formed a prosperous and just community. Why would we leave it? Doing so would leave Ruadh exposed, and put us at risk of capture and slavery.

Themis: Euphemios, you old coot, you know some of the younger Tauri are restless and eager to see the world, just like you used to be, before your muzzle turned gray. (Turning to Siedna) He's right, though. The Alikos will remain neutral.

Siedna: Noted. And what of the merchants, Kristin?

Kristin: As Euphemios said, Ruadh has been prosperous for us. Our success lies in following the Kaliphlin ideal of trading with all, equally and fairly. So long as it's profitable. (Grins for a moment.) Siding with a faction means, at best, loss of trade with the other factions. (Looks somber.) Look, Ruadh has been a place for many to start anew. Look at the Potters -- they came here from Mitgardia to escape strife. Why would we wish to bring it here? Why jeopardize a good life and good profit?

Siedna: Thanks, Kristen. Seamus?

Seamus: Regardless of the official Ruadhi stance, the Atelier must remain neutral. Sure, we train our artists to be good in a fight, but that's brawling. War and soldiering are another thing entirely. (Matteus nods in agreement.) More importantly, if we took sides, Ruadhi artists across the Guilds would be vulnerable to political attacks. In other lands, our welcome is dependent not just on our talents and geniality, but our disinterest in politics, local or guilds-wide.

Siedna: I agree. Now, Lady Akantha, you've been rather vocal, working to persuade Ruadhis to side with the High Council. In fact, it seems you've been surreptitiously recruiting since you arrived in Ruadh. We'd like to hear your arguments.

Lady Akantha: I wish only for the Tauri to continue to have the right to follow their ways as free people. The Desert King once enslaved us as beasts of labor. The Ulandians have subjugated an entire race;who is to say the Tauri will not be next? Only Flagg and the High Council have left us in peace. If the Tauri of Alikos remain neutral, they might be left alone, but what about their brethren throughout the Guild? Who will fight for them? What will happen to us if Ulandus or the Desert King prevails? We must protect our freedoms! And Ruadhi, as friends of the Alikos -- how can you risk them falling into slavery?

Euphemios: How can you talk of fighting to protect our ways? Do you know nothing of our history, girl? As slaves we were used as beasts of war! And you suggest FIGHTING to protect our freedom to stay OUT of conflicts?

Lady Akantha: (voice raised): Sometimes compromises are necessary! Surely you realize the ends justify the means!

Euphemios: We WILL NOT have our culture compromised by lure of your exotic beauty, you hear me? We WILL NOT --

Themis: (inturrupts) Enough, Euphemios! (more calmly) Captain Corydon? What's been the mood in the Brute Squad? You'd know better than most how the younger 'Taurs are leaning; perhaps you could fill us in.

Captain Corydon: Most of our troops agree with the Alikos elders, ma'am; they want to protect our home and our ways. There are few, what did you call em? Restless ones, eager to follow Lady Akantha.

Siedna: And what are our defensive capabilities, Captain? Can we afford to lose anyone?

Captain Corydon: Actually, ma'am, our troops have more than doubled, between new recruits and newly re-enlisted members who want to defend us. The Brute Squad is stronger than ever, ma'am, and more than capable of protecting Ruadhi peace. Those that want to fight for the High Council, well, to be honest, ma'am, I'd rather let 'em go. Don't want folks who don't really want to be here.

Siedna: All right then. Lady Akantha, thank you for speaking with us. Council, it seems we're all in agreement. (Matteus rolls his eyes but remains silent.) I move we remain neutral and shore up our defenses. Short of closing the city, there will be spies and intrigue, but no violence or destruction will come to Ruadh. I also suggest we allow Lady Akantha to gather what forces she may. Active Brute Squad members must seek permission from the Captain to be released from their duties, so we don't become weak. All in favor? (A chorus of "aye" and hands raised.) All opposed? (silence)

16629571987_e5c7c43659_z.jpg

Ruadhi city council members, left to right: Captain Corydon, Brute Squad representative; Matteus Ruadh, founder; Siedna Ruadh, founder; Seamus Gallach, Atelier representative; Euphemios, Alikos Elder; Themis, Alikos Elder; Kristin Eriksdottir, merchant representative.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'd like to claim UoP credits for:

- Trade and Law: Governing Body (approved)

Constructive criticism always welcome!

Edited by SarahJoy

Great interior scene, Sarah, really like the arches and the trans-red and blue really looks very nice! +1 for the UoP credit!

Nice minotaur group :thumbup:

I also like the general setting and the chairs in particular.

UoP +1 for "Governing body"

Good call. Remaining Neutral is a smart choice but eventually it'll lead to some sort of tension where either faction tries to occupy Ruadh and asks for some sort of assistance. I think it's a smart choice for now since it doesn't lead to much conflict only if either side provokes an attack. :wink:

Great interior scene, Sarah, really like the arches and the trans-red and blue really looks very nice! +1 for the UoP credit!

Thanks Kai! :classic: I picked up a ton of the trans-red and blue dots on a brick wall, and they seem to sneak into a lot of my builds.

Nice minotaur group :thumbup:

I also like the general setting and the chairs in particular.

UoP +1 for "Governing body"

Thank you! The chair backs are from Altbricks -- the colonnade pieces.

The architecture is excellent and story is nice as well.

Thanks! The story's a bit tl:dr for my taste, :classic: but I wanted to consider different perspectives.

Awesome stuff! Love the figs! :thumbup:

Thank you! Slowly but surely working out a "look" for my people.

Good call. Remaining Neutral is a smart choice but eventually it'll lead to some sort of tension where either faction tries to occupy Ruadh and asks for some sort of assistance. I think it's a smart choice for now since it doesn't lead to much conflict only if either side provokes an attack. :wink:

We'll see. I'm working with the idea that, like Switzerland, Ruadh and the Brute Squad are formidable enough to be left alone. I prefer that Ruadh (especially existing builds) will not be damaged. However, skirmishes outside the settlement are to be expected, and I imagine, with all the traffic on the Oil Road, intrigues are happening behind closed doors!

UoP DoH +1

Thanks for the +1!

Excellent interior scene! :wub: I really like the arches and windows, as well as the floor pattern :thumbup:

+1UoP :classic:

Thank you! With such a straightforward and small build, I wanted to be sure there was at least some visual interest.

I like the red and blue base, and the floor tiling. First time for me to see medium nougat and dark orange striped, it looks better than I would expect. Nice story but of course slanderous. The Tauri are valued citizens in the Desert King's domain.

Very nice build Sarah, great job with the color scheme on the walls and floor :thumbup:

Great color choices here, and you have a nice balance of detail :thumbup: The pillars and floor are my favorite parts :classic:

Lovely as always, SarahJoy. It is a nice to see an alternative to going to war being depicted, but we are sure happy to have some of the Minotaurs on our side! :classic:

The colours look great, and I would love to see how the building with this room in it look on the outside! :wink:

Great story and wonderful council room. But Ruadh should declaire for the Desert King for he has proven himself as protector of both cows and minotaurs :P

Nice chair and a very sweet floor pattern!! Great job Sarah!!!

Great color scheme and table. The pic is also nicely angled to see all the figs clearly. I also totally see the rings on Akantha's horns now haha.