Wow, just amazing shapes on the body work. I have a question about how it drives though. Are both the L and xl motors activated at the same time? I would think that since the L motors have less torque than the xl, if the car encounters a bump the xl will make the L motors spin instead of the wheels. I hope my question was clear, as I am very interested in the answer!

tim

Maybe black colour would make this model perfect, it would get the emphasis off from the tiled look.

Wow, just amazing shapes on the body work. I have a question about how it drives though. Are both the L and xl motors activated at the same time? I would think that since the L motors have less torque than the xl, if the car encounters a bump the xl will make the L motors spin instead of the wheels. I hope my question was clear, as I am very interested in the answer!

tim

The XL pair and the L pair are powered by a battery each and activated at the same time. If 1 IR receiver (V2) loses connection the car slows down a bit or stopps. The torque distribution between the both pairs is geared up or down to have a good balance to support each other. Please wait for the video which will take a few days.

Wow, looks awesome! Never thought anyone would make a custom engine before, really cool. Definitely would be great if you made a black version, put it together with the red in the picture for an awesome wallpaper!

I would like to see such wallpaper, but won´t change the car. There are 52 Technic panels total which I don´t have in black at this quantity. Recently I made my Spider in black which I didn´t post anywhere, too dark - it didn´t satisfy me too much.

Maybe black colour would make this model perfect, it would get the emphasis off from the tiled look.

Should I make it perfect? Honestly I´m tired of it and prefer to step to something new one. Some slight changes for the video and that´s it.

I like the inside of the car, I like the front, the back and the top.

The thing I don't like about it that much are the sides of the car.

But, nothing is perfect in this world. :wink:

Very nice moc! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also that was really clever adapting 2l motors and 2xl motors into a hybrid format. Is there a way that could be done with only 1xl and 1l motor. And does it require multiple diffs? And finally will you adapt it into an fxxk?

The custom engine is a great idea. I am getting a bit bored of the standard lego engine so this is a nice change.

H

Also that was really clever adapting 2l motors and 2xl motors into a hybrid format. Is there a way that could be done with only 1xl and 1l motor. And does it require multiple diffs? And finally will you adapt it into an fxxk?

Of couse it is possible to use only 1 XL + 1 L. If you use pretty the same gearing I guess it should work. If you are able to calculate the equivalent torque (I´m not a scientist or electric) - it is the one thing. The other thing is the practical unknown factors which can have an impact on a disbalance like bad gearing, loose mounting, lenght of the axles, friction and so on. Try out! I had played around with the 24 th white clutch gear allowing changing 2 "gears" (!) but wasn´t satisfied with the acceleration and top speed. If using difs - always a good decision to balance something, but it would require a completely different setup I guess.

FXX is not my favourite. By the way - this one should be done by somebody using many flex axles including the grey ones for the silver edges!!!

ferrari-laferrari-fxx-k_100491947_l.jpg

Thanks for the explanation, but maybe you could get someone to mod your laferrari into an fxxk. If you make instructions of course. I can't wait for the video too. Performance-wise, how does it stack up against your 458 spider? Is it significantly better, or just a tad over.

Wow, that looks greally great! I am very intrested in dual XL, L motor drive performance.

Edited by Zblj

Awesome!!! It looks fantastic!!

The real car has a lot of soft curves, and built them are very hard, you did a fantastic job :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am very curious about the dual XL + L motors for drive, but not about the performance(I suppose it is very good), I have downloaded the LDD file in brickshelf of the internals, and I have a doubt.

All motors are always connected to the wheels, right? so the only difference between the "electric mode" and the "normal mode" is if the fake engine is moving or not, isn't it? or there are something I am missing?

Awesome!!! It looks fantastic!!

The real car has a lot of soft curves, and built them are very hard, you did a fantastic job :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am very curious about the dual XL + L motors for drive, but not about the performance(I suppose it is very good), I have downloaded the LDD file in brickshelf of the internals, and I have a doubt.

All motors are always connected to the wheels, right? so the only difference between the "electric mode" and the "normal mode" is if the fake engine is moving or not, isn't it? or there are something I am missing?

Thank you very much, it means a lot to me!

There is a misunderstanding: no such electric mode like in the real car, only the show effect for the fake engine and flashing lights which makes the car even slower. First I had the white 24 clutch between to simulate it kind of 1. and 2. gear by activating the L motors separately. It worked quite well, but too slow. I would call the performance good because I don´t hear any "click - click" when changing forward - backwards and that was a major achievement for me. The resulting speed is A BIT higher, not much. Good for my indoor races against my 5year old son´s 15€ RC cars which are faster :cry2: . Ridiculous to call it "fast", (especially at this weight) compared to my Tamiya version of the car.

To all: please don´t expect too much from the video! I´m not an expert at this and I have family with 2 kids :wink: , not much freetime to get into the "flow"... Nothing will change at the car and I will try to do it asap!

Nice model.. I saw it up on /r/Lego and though I'd come here and read the discussion.

You matched the lines really well!

Spectacular model and I really admire how you solved the piston engine problem :)

video please

I´m sorry guys, but I give up on the video. One problem occurs after the other, the lack of time, then my camera which is not good and so on - no fun anymore! Not severe, there are much more important things in this life than this! Sorry again!

What happened to the pictures? Because to me, your brickshelf folder is empty...

This happens too me to. Can you fix that? I would love to see the car!