Please tell me there will be more photos and/or instructions...... This needs to be on my display shelf

Can't you use the dampened shock from the Silver Champion and other sets from that age? 32181c02.jpgThen you can leave the pump and the hoses away.

Yes - no electronics, true supercar! Perfect!

2 Rm8: Hah, I remember this car at NfS II too :))

I like the curves of the frontside that you made with the ribbed hoses and flexaxles :wub:

I also like the closed surface you made on the rearside

But I don't like them combined in one model. The two styles clash in my opinion. I think I would have preferred a flexaxle rear or a panelled front (although that will be very difficult to make with these curves). Ideally you don't even mix ribbed hoses and flexaxles, but that is me being really puristic. :blush:

So a lot of potential here, this is certainly a great MOC :thumbup: , but in my book it is not a superb MOC (yet)

Not a fan of the ribbed hoses for styling, the front and the back don't seem to flow together, but overall it looks good.

Nah, it does look awesome, I'm all about consistency and crap like that, but I don't find this "inconsistency" disturbing here at all, maybe because the black color. There are some very famous models that are called the best on some blogs that are much more inconsistent.

I think the same, finally I can build a GT40 or a Enzo or a Countach, I thought the difference between wheels would be very bad but hardly noticeable, they are great news coming with a fantastic car, congratulations. What wheels are?.

The Wheels - Back wheels/tires from 42000 F1 car, Front wheels/tyres from 42039 24 hours racer

Please tell me there will be more photos and/or instructions...... This needs to be on my display shelf

Cheers Kronos - I need to tidy up the digital file a bit then will probably release it.

Cheers Kronos - I need to tidy up the digital file a bit then will probably release it.

Great news! Thanks

:wub: Awesome MOC! Would love to see a little video of the functions in action. Once again, great work here on this beauty :thumbup:

hoi paul

here amsterdam again

will you share the mlcad file wis me

in the past you send me your mlcad from the koengg

its 100% privat and will not share it whis aniboddy

i hoop too here from you

wil you mail me too akker49@zonnet.nl or marccsa65@hotmail.com

thanks for yuor time

greats

marc

amsterdam

holland

Hello Pvdb

Im make the instruktion of the F1.

I need som details, like the Pneumatik chematik, the length of Ribbenhoses, Pneumatikhoses and Flex-Axels

Thanks

Edited by Thorsten50

AWESOME MOC. Love it. and a fan of the F1 as well.

well I was sort of right (except I really wasn't) the fronts and rears are both 17" rims, and have a side wall of 45, but tire width changes side wall actual height. and with 235s front but 315s rear.... the side wall does increase in size, which translates into a 3 inch difference in rear tire OD over the front. learn something I already knew again :P

with the Tire debate settled, let me compliment you on a remarkably well built and stunning car. instantly recognizable as a McLaren F1. I would love to have a model that looks as good as this does!

The sidewall doesn't increase that much, bout 1/2 that, but overall diameter of the tire does.

Here's a mathematical breakdown on the tires. The 235's are the size on the front of the F1 and the 315's are on back...

235x45xR17-315x45xR17.png

thankyou very much to both of you for making instructions. I look forward to building another iconic car :) :thumbup:

On 6/23/2016 at 12:08 PM, Pvdb said:

Thanks to Thorsten50 the instructions to this model are now on rebrickable

http://www.rebrickable.com/mocs/Thorsten50/mclaren-f1

Hi!

This is my first post on this forum. I have read some topics here before, and registered to ask a question about this awesome McLaren F1.
The user Thorsten50 has deleted his profile on Rebrickable, and the instructions are no longer available there. Does anyone know how to get in contact with Thorsten50, or know another place to get the instructions? @Pvdb, maybe you know?

Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, ErikE said:

Hi!

This is my first post on this forum. I have read some topics here before, and registered to ask a question about this awesome McLaren F1.
The user Thorsten50 has deleted his profile on Rebrickable, and the instructions are no longer available there. Does anyone know how to get in contact with Thorsten50, or know another place to get the instructions? @Pvdb, maybe you know?

Thanks in advance!

His bricksafe is still active:
https://bricksafe.com/files/Thorsten50/PDF/McLaren F1.pdf