SkaForHire

Book II, Chal IV - Kaliphlin Civil War (Results Posted)

Hey! That's not true. Even Ulandus seems to be successful at the moment. At least more successful than HC :P

:laugh::rofl: That is really quite (surprisingly) true. For their relative sizes, it seems the DK and HC have switched places!

I would like to join the Desert King, second choice is Ulandus.

Now that CB has heard the arguments, which side do you want to join? We have not limited anyone yet... and although DK has been dominating, it seems odd to close it when HC has more builders (yet less active it seems). So I think we can still afford to let people choose what side they want to join. Although if the DK side wants to temporarily close their own doors, I will allow it.

So CB, looks like both Ulandus and DK want you (I am sure HC does too...) the choice is up to you.

As I said we welcome you. Domination can change from week to week, it's unlikely that all players who are making much effort at the moment can hold out three month without taking a break. It could always be that suddenly most of the DK players are inactive and HC gains domination. Or both DK and HC and Ulandus finally starts kicking our butts.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Just FYI, Garmadon and I have no plans on quitting. We're out to win this thing! :devil::laugh:

Just FYI, Garmadon and I have no plans on quitting. We're out to win this thing! :devil::laugh:

Great! So do I. :P

Ulandus shall be drowned again

Thou shall see!

Oh, we don't care about Ulandus. Just us.

:laugh::head_back:

Naw, actually, of course we'd both really love to see our team win although I've almost begun to despair of that... :hmpf_bad::tongue:

I'd really suggest beefing up Ulandus if Captain B is fine with that. I think it will make the challenge more interesting. :)

I'd really suggest beefing up Ulandus if Captain B is fine with that. I think it will make the challenge more interesting. :)

Whatcould be more interesting than installing a new king in Kaliphlin? :P

Whatcould be more interesting than installing a new king in Kaliphlin? :P

Installing a King, a Prime Minister, and a Dictator? :grin:

With the major part of a move behind me, I'd finally like to sign up. I haven't followed very closely so I have no idea who is winning but I would prefer to support the high council, with Ulandus being my second choice. If I have to though I can also build for the Desert King.

With the major part of a move behind me, I'd finally like to sign up. I haven't followed very closely so I have no idea who is winning but I would prefer to support the high council, with Ulandus being my second choice. If I have to though I can also build for the Desert King.

Even i am supporting HC, I would like to suggest Ulandus :)

Bold words. But don't forget even Ulandus seems to be more successful than HC by now :P

Edit: don't get me wrong; the High Council is certainly a sleeping lion and by far not defeated yet.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Bold words. But don't forget even Ulandus seems to be more successful than HC by now :P

Edit: don't get me wrong; the High Council is certainly a sleeping lion and by far not defeated yet.

And when has Ulandus won? I'm pretty sure the HC has at least one win under their belt while Ulandus has none. And like I've stated previously, we currently have the least amount of people so any help we can get would be great.

@MiloNelsiano, In my honest opinion, I'd like to note that if you side with the Desert King, I'm going to believe that you only chose so to be with the winning side, seeing as how they have a lot of talented builders and I believe the most wins thus far.

And when has Ulandus won? I'm pretty sure the HC has at least one win under their belt while Ulandus has none

Challenge 4

If you don't want it, we're happy to take it instead :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The HC has won 2 guerrilla attacks but no challenges yet.

Challenge 4

If you don't want it, we're happy to take it instead :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The HC has won 2 guerrilla attacks but no challenges yet.

I'm surprised! :classic:

I haven't seen that thread in a few days, it must have gotten pushed back. Well that is definitely some motivation I needed. :cry_happy:

Everyone still joined their first choices. Nothing to see here... I did put a note up at the top of the page that Ulandus needs members the most.

I will also temporarily close DK after the next person joins it, as long as activity levels remain the same. It is getting near tidal wave level of epicness over there.

@MiloNelsiano, In my honest opinion, I'd like to note that if you side with the Desert King, I'm going to believe that you only chose so to be with the winning side, seeing as how they have a lot of talented builders and I believe the most wins thus far.

In my post I said the Desert King was my last choice but i would build for them if asked to, as I had no idea who was winning.

Pardon me, Goliath, but this comment should never have left your head through the keyboard. It adds nothing to the debate, apart from a hint of bullying, in my view.

If you have comments to the rules and execution of the challenge, Ska has proved time and time again that he is willing to listen. But don't take it out on individuals.

And please know that this is meant as friendly advice, not an attack on you.

On a different note, I shall be looking forward to getting back to my bricks and have a go at the new war zones! :)

Pardon me, Goliath, but this comment should never have left your head through the keyboard. It adds nothing to the debate, apart from a hint of bullying, in my view.

If you have comments to the rules and execution of the challenge, Ska has proved time and time again that he is willing to listen. But don't take it out on individuals.

And please know that this is meant as friendly advice, not an attack on you.

On a different note, I shall be looking forward to getting back to my bricks and have a go at the new war zones! :)

As was mine. My comment in no way represents "bullying". If you don't like my view of it, that's fine. It's not my fault that you or anyone takes it the wrong way. I'm just trying to get at that people shouldn't join a side simply because they are winning. I'm not saying that it's a definite fact but when it's this late and later, I will believe that. People should base their decision based on cause. I like capital thus I chose Ulandus and I see potential in it. Now I'm saying the others are wrong but trade with Mitgardia and Avalonia are very bold moves. :classic:

Just don't take it the wrong way is what I'm getting at but when it gets later, I will believe this with anyone. The way I truly see it is, like I said, based on the causes. For example, Avalonians and Mitgardians would side with Ulandus because of the trading and having a Mitgardian king.

But let's just leave it at that. Nothing more needs to be said about this. But I will tell you this, Bregir, you're right, perhaps I should have kept this too myself but when I view something like this, I'm very passionate about things like this and I'm passionate about defending Ulandus. :thumbup:

Considering the HC's showing in the latest WZ, there's no need to close it.

Just in general, what we don't need as a team (Ulandus) is more inactive builders. I'm not in any way implying that Milo would necessarily be inactive of course. It's a general statement, because more inactive builders means we can have more guerrillas a week but the same amount of people (2, it would seem!) building counters.

Right now, the HC is actually showing itself less active than U, although that could well change given the amount of fantastic builders you guys have.

By the way, does anyone from the DK have a few tips on how to motivate your teammates? :laugh: You guys are seriously impressive! How on earth did you manage to get so many active builders!? :laugh:

Just in general, what we don't need as a team (Ulandus) is more inactive builders. I'm not in any way implying that Milo would necessarily be inactive of course. It's a general statement, because more inactive builders means we can have more guerrillas a week but the same amount of people (2, it would seem!) building counters.

Right now, the HC is actually showing itself less active than U, although that could well change given the amount of fantastic builders you guys have.

By the way, does anyone from the DK have a few tips on how to motivate your teammates? :laugh: You guys are seriously impressive! How on earth did you manage to get so many active builders!? :laugh:

Fortune and glory, kid!

It guess these are just lucky circumstances. Before the war had started I was expecting HC would have the best chances for they have gathered the most of Kaliphlin's 'all stars' and those with the largest builds.

I got a slightly better photo of my recent GA and was wondering if I could replace the original. I thought I read it is ok to do so until voting starts, but I just want to make sure.

That's an interesting question. I initially joined the DK because it seemed like it was going to have the fewest members (I think I was the fifth or sixth member to join, when the other two had like twice that), and I thought my undead Nocty fig collection would work best under the mummy-king flag.

I suppose luck is the best answer as far as the DK's motivation is concerned, though I wouldn't disregard the underdog effect. In the prelude the DK certainly came off as the dark horse in this race, and started with quite a few less points than the other sides. That's certainly been a motivation for me to stay active and I'm sure others. Now, as Jacob said, this is also a game of endurance, and it will be interesting to see who can maintain the momentum the longest in this challenge!

That being said, I've been nothing but impressed with Ulandus' performance. Especially Kai, and Garmadon. I'm glad there's not more of you two in Ulandus or the rest of us would be doomed!

I really like all the things going on in GoH right now but with work, two kids and painting the interior of my house I can't keep up the pace here!

I'm working on a major build to the petrea warzone and one of the categories in the challenge but small guerilla mocs are impossible for me!:(

Our team needs more fortune and glory seekers I suppose... :laugh: