Saberwing40k

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Technic in 2017

A year of reissues would be good for all of us that missed out on some of the classic technic sets. I would like to see 9398 and 8258

2016 came with a lot of medium to big size models, plus the Porche. I wonder why TLG did not wait until 2017. Or maybe there's an even bigger wave of releases coming out next year

Yes, that's exactly what I believe will happen - there will be even better sets released than this year!

I expect we'll see a first leaked set list within two weeks or so.

I wonder what could be bigger than a BWE...the only thing I could think of is the Saturn's V mobile launchpad complete with a scale replica of the Saturn V rocket (with a nice scale replica of a command & lunar modules) :classic:

Ap11-KSC-69PC-241HR.jpg

The lauchpad operation in itself is quite complex...and the lunar module is also complex...but again, that's the biggest thing I could think of, not the most complex one ;)

If you want something really complex, you could try to reproduce a Lockheed SR71 Blackbird...the J58 engines alone are quite complex :wink:

Edited by charlesw

I wonder what could be bigger than a BWE...the only thing I could think of is the Saturn's V mobile launchpad complete with a scale replica of the Saturn V rocket (with a nice scale replica of a command & lunar modules) :classic:

We are already getting the Apollo Saturn V rocket through the Lego Ideas system, http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123268&st=50#entry2583318

2016 came with a lot of medium to big size models, plus the Porche. I wonder why TLG did not wait until 2017. Or maybe there's an even bigger wave of releases coming out next year

While I hope for bigger sets or more next year. I can't shake the feeling they have thrown alot of models at us this year, because it looks good on their annual revenue results, which will be released next year, in the 40th year. It's a business after all. Revenue results from the 40th year shown in year 41 don't sound as cool?

I would love to see a Volvo road grader, RC if possible.

Or a Claas tractor, a normal one with two different size tires.

A smaller size than on the Xerion's wheels on the front.

I would love to see a Volvo road grader, RC if possible.

...or CLAAS Axion 950 with wheel/tire combimation from Xerion at the front ( if LEGO solves steering problems similar like one on Unimog) and porsche rims in red with new 130 x 50 mm tires at the rear. Porsche wheels woulde perfect to be used inverted at rear so you can put wheels from motorized excavator as weights inside rear wheels...

I have not much with the Claas brand for tractors. I think John Deere would be a good choise, if I'm correct John Deere has it's 180th anniversary next year. But any brand might be welcome. Smaller front wheels make almost any tractor possible to build (well, they already are, but the front tires look weird), but equipment like combines and forage harvesters as well.

A John Deere would be nice to, but than I would like to see a articulated quadtrack tractor from them. One like The 9560 R for instance.

A lot of green parts would be a welcome change in Technic colors.

And it has a different kind off track configuration.

A John Deere would be nice to, but than I would like to see a articulated quadtrack tractor from them. One like The 9560 R for instance.

A lot of green parts would be a welcome change in Technic colors.

And it has a different kind off track configuration.

That would be a great set :-D

Edited by michiel sanders

That's a very nice tractor, and perhaps I'd buy a set of it. But then you still don't have smaller tractor wheels. :classic: If it was up to me then I'd rather see that conventional Claas you mentioned.

I hope for a technic version of a train. I have never seen a technic train, do I wrong? Maybe a train with a crane as this:

How about something like this? Because of the narrow gauge, I think a model around scale 1:20 should fit the standard LEGO track (although the standard curves get ridiculously tight) and the crane at the back adds functions.

Just a reminder, Technic has only ever done European licenses, not to say that could change, but for the moment I think chances are higher we would see another CLAAS.

That is also fine with me.

But it must be the biggest one, I think it's the Axion 950.

Would be so cool.

Or maybe a Fendt 1050 Vario, also a well known European brand.

Also has red rims.

And it has dark green hood and cab.

I hope for a technic version of a train. I have never seen a technic train, do I wrong? Maybe a train with a crane as this:

http://train-photos....ws.com/3700.jpg

Also a steamroller would be interesting

Properly scaled Technic train would be nice indeed. I mean not as the smallest set - medium would be just about right. At least something fresh.

Properly scaled Technic train would be nice indeed. I mean not as the smallest set - medium would be just about right. At least something fresh.

I don't think there are many train fans among Technic collectors.

I think earth moving machinery or agricultural equipment would do better.

If you look back at what sets are going for high prices second hand, you'll see 8275, 8455, 8043, 42030, 8110 are still very high priced.

What we need from Lego is a class cougar 1400, I think it would be a real marvel if Lego could effectively recreate all the articulation points, along with a drive line to each mower head.

IMO we dont see any kind of tractor in 2-3 years, because it will for sure canibalize Xerion sales.Also IIRC there are mostly at least two years gap beetween same license.Preparation of new set goes with sales scanning.

What I like to see?In first half sure somekind of motorbike and flagship if patern is same any kind of racing vehicle.We had Formula, Le Mans Prototype, but we dont have any kind of rally car or buggy nor monster truck.

Ondra for Trucks you forgot the RaceTruck. It might not be a monster but it's a truck. I'd like to see a touring car like a car for WTCC or in line with the Porsche a GT-Racecar. But a Formula One racer car would be nice to get the long wishbone parts again in a set.

When do we normally hear about H1 sets ?

Surely the big 2017 sets will be H2 like this year ?

I'm always a fan of cars (well i do work in the industry), but I'd like a bin lorry (lots of moving bits), a CLAAS Combine to go with the Xerion would be good.

As to a "Halo" product it would be difficult to do i think after such a great year or 2. I think generally Technic is in a very good state. I'd love it if they combined the Lego Technic and Star Wars Anniversaries to create something special

I'd love it if they combined the Lego Technic and Star Wars Anniversaries to create something special

That would be something :wub:

(a Drakmin like creation)