When they usually start updating websites for the summer wave?

No, I don't believe it has anything to do with the lines added to PoF's description but just asking.

Edit: wayback machine says that Hero Factory updated between july and august.

Edited by GK733

What was wrong with it? I can't recall.

It was a reformatted description for the PoF, only mentioning the region in passing regarding his favorite location in it.

The "Great Sea" was something tweaked a while ago, I think I mentioned it at some point, but yeah, it wasn't there originally.

What was wrong with it? I can't recall.

Originally it was an incoherent rant about the Fir Tribe Villages and the Protectors' favourite environment

So competition of the golden masks draws close and it's time for the final installment of a "face mask"

Edited by GK733

So competition of the golden masks draws close and it's time for the final installment of a "face mask"

I like how Tahu's shin armor is attached in a wrong way.

Is it just me, or do they always sound nervous?

Regardless, love the prototype (go figure). I really hope that if the Toa ever get upgrades, they use some of these prototype designs. At least for inspiration.

To be honest, I wasn't very fond of the prototypes shown in these videos, I like the concept art we got during Comic-con more. Sure, they were a bit too organic, and I don't want to see Inika-like masks again, but I liked the idea of the masks having glowing/transparent things (like Gali's hair/tentacles and Tahu's flames/crystals). And Tahu's mask looked like a proper upgraded and updated Hau, looking better than the 2002 Hau Nuva mask (I don't truly like any Kanohi Nuva and I hate most of them) and..whatever the 2008 mask was supposed to be.

Yeah, especially Matt. :laugh:

To be honest, I wasn't very fond of the prototypes shown in these videos, I like the concept art we got during Comic-con more.

Have to agree here. Some drawings and prototypes made me think of the Stormtroopers' helmets. Not a bad reference, but not really Hau-esque. :sceptic:

The life-sized Mask of Fire was cool, though.

As much as I like the concept art, there's no way it could decently translate to plastic. It's far too dependant on thick lines and deep shading for it's appeal. I'd love a comic series in that style, but remember these masks are going to end up as solid pieces of one-coloured plastic.

This was posted 2 days ago so it is now a Link to the Past :tongue: Sorry I couldn't resist!

Also, the prototype masks haven't really been all that different from the final version except Tahu's. That prototype is so derpy and ugly. The concept art though... so beautiful. It's unfortunate these videos really weren't very informative or show much of anything new and the designers seem like they had to make something up on the spot. They sure seemed really nervous.

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise. They work in design, not showbiz, and are usually not very used to being in the spotlight.

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise. They work in design, not showbiz, and are usually not very used to being in the spotlight.

Yeah, I know, but it seems that in other designer videos, they speak with more confidence. Not these guys, but other designers in general.

Not complaining or making fun of them or anything. I probably couldn't do any better. :P

Who'd like to see a Chrome Pohatu? Well, here you go!

Images courtesy of Flickr user Lachlan S.

Yowza! I've never seen CCBS shells chromed before. I doubt Lego would ever do it officially, of course, because surface treatments are probably not a great choice for parts that will be under that kind of stress when assembled/disassembled.

Pohatu certainly looks cool, though honestly all that chrome kind of makes his non-chrome parts look pretty dull—particularly the fluorescent bones, which are normally some of the most energetic parts of his color scheme but here just look glassy.

Edited by VBBN
No need to quote images on the same page

I like chrome Pohatu very much, almost makes me want to go out and buy a plastic chroming kit - but the nitpicker inside me really wants to go and put the boomerangs the right way round! :laugh: I wonder what the other Toa would look like with chrome gold, gunmetal and silver in place of their metallic counterparts?

I do have a couple of chromed CCBS shells and bones actually (purchased them off a professional parts chromer on Bricklink a while back for some princely sum) - enough to make a fully chromed arm but not much else. Certainly not anything to make that Pohatu illustrated above! :wink:

Oh, that is delicious.

Definitely something I want to see done on all of the Toa. Although I'm not very confident in my ability to chrome the parts myself, and getting them professionally done is going to be quite pricey (I had planned on getting the gold masks all done anyway)