Leaked Image policy:

If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.

70778: Protector of Jungle

gallery_1621_288_49855.jpg

70779: Protector of Stone

gallery_1621_288_32827.jpg

70780: Protector of Water

gallery_1621_288_3849.jpg

70781: Protector of Earth

gallery_1621_288_47452.jpg

70782: Protector of Ice

gallery_1621_288_6824.jpg

70783: Protector of Fire

gallery_1621_288_82673.jpg

70784: Lewa - Master of Jungle

gallery_1621_288_12977.jpg

70785: Pohatu - Master of Stone

gallery_1621_288_69871.jpg

70786: Gali - Master of Water

gallery_1621_288_47313.jpg

70787: Tahu - Master of Fire

gallery_1621_288_18275.jpg

70788: Kopaka - Master of Ice

gallery_1621_288_8351.jpg

70789: Onua - Master of Earth

gallery_1621_288_44341.jpg

70790: Lord of Skull Spiders

gallery_1621_288_49563.jpg

70791: Skull Warrior

gallery_7500_291_123114.jpg

70792: Skull Slicer

gallery_7500_291_42102.jpg

70793: Skull Basher

gallery_7500_291_62425.jpg

70794: Skull Scorpio

gallery_7500_291_50486.jpg

70795: Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder

gallery_7500_291_169509.jpg

Please don't share leaked images in this thread.

I found this on Asger Johansen's Linkedin page. He usually works as a concept developer at TLG, and has worked on a lot of concepts for Hero Factory.

Concept, story and communication for a new LEGO action figure theme launching 2015.

With the latest wave, I'm just getting into Hero Factory, but since there's this new action figure theme launching, do y'all think Hero Factory is coming to an end by 2015? Or will this co-exist with Hero Factory? I'm not sure myself. Discuss.

Edited by Leewan
Image updating

I read somewhere that the sales for HF weren't too good. Hopefully it does end, or runs alongside this new theme for (only) 2015, and this new theme can adress one issue it took Lego city about 3 years to address, Bionicle a decade to (sort of) adress, and Hero Factory still can't get over: female characters.

From what I know, Hero Factory have never been fantastic, but still good enough. The amount of innovation and also the not so new anymore building system prove that even if HF is to go, action figures aren't going away anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO wanted to try out something new, though. Maybe the new minifigures were introduced as a transition to a new constraction theme with a new concept? Anyway, this is a fantastic find, good job! Sure to give us a lot to discuss.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

If 2014 is HF's last year I'm disappointed, since the mystery surrounding the mastermind(s?) behind the Breakout and the Brain Attack has yet to be solved. I'd be fine with a single wave final arc if it addressed those points.

And the fact we spent half of HF's running essentially watching the Heroes battle generic mindless monsters would be even more disappointing.

I knew HF wasn't going to last more than BIONICLE, plus four and half years is an amazing feat for any theme. But still, I would have liked if it used its time in a more sensible way *coughskippingBrainAttackcough*.

The series had a LOT of potential back in 2012, but it quickly burned it off. I still enjoy it, and 2014 is MUCH better than 2013, but it is past its prime.

Edited by Shakar

Hm. Interesting find. But I predict HF's end is coming near. I imagine after Invasion From Below we'll have another wave or two to wrap things up in 2015. This final wave would run alongside the new constraction theme, and then the new theme will take over.

Y'know, for all we know, it could be Bionicle's return. :tongue:

If it's not, I wonder what we'll be seeing come 2015...

I've predicted it was going to go away for quite a while now; it seems like the marketing budget for the theme is painfully small, so that can't be doing wonders for its sales.

However, as others are saying, it would be a shame if the theme ended with no resolution to any of the dangling plot threads.

I still want more details on Antiquaza. : |

Edited by Mesonak

Woah, nice find. A whole year of speculation. :laugh:. Speaking of un-wrapped-up things... what about the whole Goriz incident. :look:

However, as others are saying, it would be a shame if the theme ended with no resolution to any of the dangling plot threads.

Velika is the Great Being! And he wants to kill everyone! But nothing else!

Yeah if HF does end then no plot thread will be resolved at all.

"I found this on Asger Johansen's LinkedIn page."

Seriously? How on earth did you miss that? :wacko:

His page.

How could you miss that?

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

His page.

How could you miss that?

-Sci

I didn't miss anything. I'm not just2good so I don't know who he follows on whatever websites he normally looks at. This guy is apparently a concept designer for LEGO, so maybe that's why he knew about it? Again, I can't answer the question to such a personal degree. However, how he found the account isn't really important to the topic and it's just a personal question that doesn't add anything to the discussion. If you're really that curious about wondering why he follows the guy and why he checks the website, maybe PM just2good? I don't know... sounds a lot more logical in my opinion.

If that wasn't the intent of your post, then refer to my first reply, showing basic reading comprehension skills will get you your answer.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see if LEGO decides to end HF and start something new. Maybe the new "figures" will be more integral to the line? I'm not too heavy into HF but it'll be interesting to see if they take a new direction.

I have a feeling they might run side by side. If HF ends, it'll be a bit too early. I guess it all depend on what this new action figure line is based on and who it's targeted too.

Also, Shakar, we've known for some time the mastermind behind the breakout is Von Nebula.

Eh, to be honest, as long as we keep getting parts which are compatible with the ball socket system and technic I don't really mind that it's gonna end. Besides, the characters ARE kinda becoming stale, a bit of refreshing wouldn't hurt.

So far, every year seems to have been "Hero Factory's final year??"

Sooner or later, it's going to be correct. But it hasn't been yet.

Let's just cut to the chase and declare that Hero Factory is constantly in a state of being over.

Let's just cut to the chase and declare that Hero Factory is constantly in a state of being over.

If it's always over, does that mean it's never actually here? >.>

If it's always over, does that mean it's never actually here? >.>

"What HF? You are quite sure that there is no HF here and never will be. Quite frankly, you find the notion absurd."

So far, every year seems to have been "Hero Factory's final year??"

Sooner or later, it's going to be correct. But it hasn't been yet.

Schrodinger's Hero Factory?

Maybe Hero Factory will stay "constractionystem" and there will be an all-action figure line.

Maybe there will be two different constraction lines.

Maybe it's a supplementary constraction line for a new wave (or an old one) a la Chima, or just as a one-off, a la Superheroes.

Maybe it's just a concept that will never actually go anywhere.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Edit:

I have a feeling they might run side by side. If HF ends, it'll be a bit too early. I guess it all depend on what this new action figure line is based on and who it's targeted too.

Also, Shakar, we've known for some time the mastermind behind the breakout is Von Nebula.

Unproven!

Edited by Dorek

Oh, I'm sorry, but I clearly saw Von Nebula's hand.

Well, I'd still like to know who masterminded the Brain attack. THAT, at least, wasn't Von Nebula (although it was likely a mere filler model).

Oh, I'm sorry, but I clearly saw Von Nebula's hand.

you saw what appear to look like VN's hand.

Well, HF is getting a little stale. Whatever it is, so long as it's a constraction based theme, I'm all for it!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I highly doubt another action figure theme will mean the end of HF; for the past few years there have always been two action figure lines running concurrently. Considering how badly Chima's doing, this new theme might just fill that niche. And really, the "Heroes battle random monsters" concept is so basic that LEGO could keep it running forever, in the same way that City has been going on for years with near-identical versions of the same sets.

It's very likely the person at the laptop is VN, but even then we stil don't know anything on what exactly he wants to do with the blueprints. Many things have been implied, but the problem is that the Heroes are acting as if that stuff never happened.

And of course, we know nothing about the maker of the Brains and if he's related to Nebula at all.

At least I hope the new theme uses the CCBS (the official name of the 2.0 building system, for those who don't know). Anything else would be a step backwards. I'd welcome any new theme as long it uses that system. Heck, Bionicle 2 would be fine too.