Thanks Sariel and Jangbricks for the reviews. Alot of fun sets to get imo.

I'm kinda dissapointed that the new double sides clutch gear only works with the new selector ring.

How is that?

Edited by SNIPE

It has this central ring that is so thick, the older driving ring just can't get inside it. Compare the central section with the regular 16t gear:

DSC01464.jpg

Edited by Sariel

Well, seeing as I'm not a collector but an avid user of pieces: the Arctic Truck, definitely. By the way, here's how all the new sets compare in size:

DSC02067.jpg

Nice reviews as always. I think I'll pick up the car and the artic truck in TRU's next buy one get one 50 percent off sale

Thanks Sariel for reviews, I really like your presentation format. Looking forward for B-model reviews of 42038 & 42039 - these look quite cool!

Btw, that light green parts in 42039. I won't be surprised if this is one time use and won't appear in nearest future.

My fav is also the artic truck as it contrins the most of new parts and it is a cool color.

I like how they have chamfered the hole on the new clutch on both sides to that a pin/axlestop can fit properly into it but they should have still made it ever so slightly thinner so the old clutch ring works with it.

Edited by SNIPE

I like how they have chamfered the hole on the new clutch on both sides to that a pin/axlestop can fit properly into it but they should have still made it ever so slightly thinner so the old clutch ring works with it.

I guess that with the chamfer and the old diameter, the plastic would just have become too thin and fragile. But it's a pity nonetheless.

For my currently planned projects I'll certainly stick to the "old" parts as I seldom have problems with the half-stud offset.

So many fun colors this time.

Yes! As a color lover, this is the big plus of this Technic wave. I'll probably buy those lime wheels on Bricklink. I'm still hesitating to go into medium blue or bright green, though.

Am I the only one who thinks that panels from 42035 could be used in future, in large scale tow truck as side panels?

14508574214_6c40d67a2b_c.jpg

The new red 16th clutch gear seems to be able to spin freely on a frictionless pin?

I think so. The other advantage over the old 16t idle is that the direction doesn't matter when it is attached next to the ring. It doesn't matter for experienced customers, but I guess it is important for kids, less possibilities for an error when they build.

Thanks Sariel for such great reviews, and even all of them at once! :sweet:

With no pneumatics in 1H2015, I'm hoping we can hope for the 2H flagship to the something like the Unimog (big, pneumatic with motorized pump and air tanks).

Am I the only one who thinks that panels from 42035 could be used in future, in large scale tow truck as side panels?

14508574214_6c40d67a2b_c.jpg

This is quite funny, because one rumour say that there will be mercedes benz set and your photo is mercedes benz as tow truck.

Another european heavy tow truck will be great but in large scale even better.

Just ordered a ton of new parts.... Here are some prices...

New Clutch Gears are .38

New Driving Rings are .54

New 3L Connector .46 <- More expensive than I thought..

New 3L Axle Pins(1L pin 2L axle) .11

Those new Yellow panels are 2.15 each.. I didn't order any but checked the price...

The new gear wheel now has a "true" Technic hole in the middle. The old one did not. This also means that the outer diameter around the hole has grown, preventing the old gear driving rings to engage the new gear. A standard Technic hole means more options for building with the gear wheel. And it can't be turned wrong in the gear-shifter assembly.

Don't expect the old gear wheel to "hang around" for long.

The click function between the driving ring and the 3M axle connector has a more firm and precise feeling. The old had four clicks to go from one side to the other, two clicks to reach neutral. The new one need just one click to reach neutral, two clicks to go from one side to the other.

Erland

Part Design

The old had four clicks to go from one side to the other, two clicks to reach neutral. The new one need just one click to reach neutral, two clicks to go from one side to the other.

This will completely revolutionalize a new wave of pratical, precise, and reliable remote and sequential designs... I have a new design ready to go.. Just waiting on the new parts to arrive...

The one click up, neutral, and one click back is something that I have wished for many years..

Does the new 16 tooth clutch and driving ring work with the driving ring extension?

Judging by the pictures of the new driving ring compared to the new and old clutch gears and seeing how much play and extra room there is around the inside of the current driving ring extension compared to the DBG clutch gears, I am going to assume that it does work with the new red clutch gears and if the new driving ring works with the DBG clutch gears, then it should work with the driving ring extension since it is the same on the inside as the DBG clutch gear....

It almost looks like it was designed for it...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Sariel, thank you for reviews! I like your hamsters so much - they are always so cute and funny. :wub:

As alternative model builder I'm gonna buy yellow dumper truck and build it better looking alternate - I don't like that wheel dozer at all.

Great reviews as always - next time though send all the boxes to me and I will do the reviews for you! :wub:

Edited by Rockbrick

Thanks for the reviews!

I'm really kind of meh on 42039... I might actually go back for 42000 instead before it's gone forever.

42038 OTOH... I can't wait to try and power up the drive and the steering. The crane can go in the parts bin. Bleh.

Edited by rollermonkey