6 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

If you use both parts of the same colour, it works just fine and rotates smoothly. However if you change one of them to a different colour, there seems to be much more friction because it requires much more force to use it as a joint then.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it supposed not to use two-tone hinge plate?

It could be that different colours have different sizes, some colours shrink more from manufacturing.

If you use the other bottom and top parts are they much looser?

I found that track links are different lengths for the same number of links, changing from black to grey meant the sprockets had to be moved to keep the track tension the same. 

Is there an explanation why panels 6331026.jpg and 6408176.jpgdo not properly align?

When building the Bugatti I found:

187_wrn_230325_120211k.png

e.g. the angled panels stick out by 0.5(?) mm. The same holds for the 2x1x1 panel.

Edited by anyUser

It is OK, accroding to latest lego quality standards, like colour variations, misaligned axle holes etc.

On 3/25/2023 at 4:25 AM, Bricktrain said:

It could be that different colours have different sizes, some colours shrink more from manufacturing.

If you use the other bottom and top parts are they much looser?

I found that track links are different lengths for the same number of links, changing from black to grey meant the sprockets had to be moved to keep the track tension the same. 

Different shrinkage for me, don't believe they created different sizes for different colours.

Would be interesting to hear weather the other two halves make loose connection - they should.

10 hours ago, Mikdun said:

Would be interesting to hear weather the other two halves make loose connection - they should. 

I did a quick check with two of my parts

On 3/26/2023 at 10:45 PM, anyUser said:

6331026.jpg (obtained from Bricks & Pieces) and 6408176.jpgfrom rear spoiler of 42151

Test setup: Attach each part on the end of a 5L axle (taken from my parts, so special selection) hold each piece with a hand and pull in the direction of the axle:
Which part will come off from the axle?
I switched over sides of the axle and, because first result appeared to be biased, also changed between left and right hand.
Results were unconclusive.

On 3/27/2023 at 11:14 PM, Mikdun said:

Different shrinkage for me, don't believe they created different sizes for different colours.

Someone once wrote that there can be different molds for different colours as they shrink by different amounts when they cool.

3 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

Someone once wrote that there can be different molds for different colours as they shrink by different amounts when they cool.

Every plastic shrinks when cooled. From my experience there can be measurable difference between the same resin with different colour.

Making different moulds will mean that each colour will have the same final dimension - possible to do, but very tedious and only advantageous when mixing moving parts' colours.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

77015 Temple of the Golden Idol features a banana gear rack in dark grey.

I'm curious whether it'll be used in the Liebherr, or any of the summer sets

Hooboy what is that humongous quarter eclipse liftarm piece?! Does it signal the coming of XXL panels in Technic?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I think it should fit the curvature of the 3x13 curved panel.

Edited by Zerobricks

1 minute ago, Zerobricks said:

The only diagonal and barely legal way of putting a 3x13 curved panel is between 6 studs high and 12 studs long, and that quarter piece doesn't have those dimensions.

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

It's only 9M wide. (From Pythagoras) the long side would measure < 10M. How would that match?

I meant the curvature- radius, not length. I know the length doesn't fit at all, it's only 9 studs long and panel is 13-2.

Ah, youse beat me to it 🙂, I found that new panel today on YouTube and yeah it looks interesting for making car splitters and other bodywork

Not only that, this large quarter ellipse will be amazing for all sorts of structural purposes. It should easily survive forces that would break a regular liftarm. 

Medium blue, I suppose... Excellent addition to Megalodon (who knows - may it be someone's Patronus? :blush:)

Also, I see not new but still nice friction 1/2 studs that hold the horns.