27 minutes ago, kolbjha said:

Yes, this looks like a very interesting part! Unlike the regular worm gear, this looks like it can be backdriven. Looking forward to see what mating possibilities there are, and also what creative builds people will come up with!

The "nut" brick that pairs with this part cannot slide by hand, only by rotating the "nut" brick itself

I got this information from a video review of the set it comes in.

Anyway, I think that makes it probably more useful otherwise it will just be a pain in the butt if it could move under its own weight. A motor vibrating would just move it, etc, etc

I just noticed in my copy of 42151, the 1x7 beam got a new mold where the injection point is hidden in one of the inset sections between the pinholes. No more mold marks on the top smooth surface!

10 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

the 1x7 beam got a new mold where the injection point is hidden in one of the inset sections between the pinholes. No more mold marks on the top smooth surface!

That's a nice improvement, because it is cumbersome to hide those while building (yes, everybody here thinks that's important :thumbup:)

2 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

That's a nice improvement, because it is cumbersome to hide those while building (yes, everybody here thinks that's important :thumbup:)

I sure do! Always a hassle to orient the beams correctly to hide these marks when building from official instructions. :)

The new winch drum mold is also really cool in the police training academy set.  Though not really a Technic element it is used often in Technic sets.  GIves the appearance of gears on the outside of the drum.  Neat looking.  

On 12/31/2022 at 1:02 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Man I wish there was a 1x1 version of the click hinge plates. Especially with rounded ends.

So a combination of this 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=26047#T=C

And this

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=44301b#T=C

Slightly better if you copy/paste the image directly (right click then copy/paste)      :) 

Lego Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Bar Handle  Lego Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger on End without Bottom Groove

Crap; whenever i see new post in this tread i gope to see new cv hoints from Ford... It seems that I'll have to wait few another months for that

My guess is that sadly the screw will not mesh with splat gears as a worm gear. The screw spacing seems to be exactly one stud (the piece is six studs long). But that is not the right spacing for splat gears - see Akiyuki's mangle rack video.

It's possible two screws at right angles might be able to turn each other though. The screw angle looks close to 45 degrees.

Edited by aeh5040

1 hour ago, DrJB said:

Slightly better if you copy/paste the image directly (right click then copy/paste)      :) 

Lego Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Bar Handle  Lego Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger on End without Bottom Groove

True. I should probably photoshop a combined version of these.

Has anyone built / seen a usage of this wheel hub in a steered and driven live axle (or even in an independent suspension)? I suppose it's designed for smaller scales, but I just can't really imagine how to use this properly in a compact build, the main problem being the steering linkage. It can only connect with 6L or 9L links in one position, and if the axle is driven, then there's not enough space for connecting the other end of the steering link to a tie rod because of the differential and its frame (or any gearing) being in the way.. Unless the wheel base is super wide and the scale is large, in which case this tighter part is not that useful as a bigger hub will also do..

32495c01.png

Don’t know about live axles, but Crowkillers has used it for a front axle with independent suspension and driven axle through a differential in the past.

Here in the “Vampire GT” for example: https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5281186

Artemy Zotov also used it in his Audi R8 using the 5 long suspension arms for steering: 

There’s plenty of examples out there if you look through Rebrickable.

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Has anyone built / seen a usage of this wheel hub in a steered and driven live axle (or even in an independent suspension)? I suppose it's designed for smaller scales, but I just can't really imagine how to use this properly in a compact build, the main problem being the steering linkage. It can only connect with 6L or 9L links in one position, and if the axle is driven, then there's not enough space for connecting the other end of the steering link to a tie rod because of the differential and its frame (or any gearing) being in the way.. Unless the wheel base is super wide and the scale is large, in which case this tighter part is not that useful as a bigger hub will also do..

32495c01.png

Look up 8466. It might have exactly what you're after.

8466-1.png

Thanks for the references, indeed I thought it would be possible with independent suspension at larger scale, though I have never seen these older models using it. But my question is primarily using it in a live axle, smaller scale.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Artemy Zotov also used it in his Audi R8 using the 5 long suspension arms for steering: 

True that a 5L suspension arm is another a possibility, but these scales are already too big for me, these are 17 wide. I'm looking for usage in 13 or 15 wide axles, where it actually makes a difference to use these as opposed to the 5 tall newer hubs in terms of ground clearance. And at those scales a driven independent suspension would not even be possible anyway.

25 minutes ago, DrJB said:

Look up 8466. It might have exactly what you're after.

Not quite, as that is independent suspension as well, and it's huge, 21 wide.

So far I have only seen one 13 wide live axle with it, but it did not have a proper differential neither a differential frame, and the steering linkage was enormously complex.

Edited by gyenesvi

Sorry ... I missed your vehicle size/scale limitation.

In fact I'm rebuilding my 8466 now, it's been in storage for years ... gotta love those silver green panels, and the 4L bar used as light ... way ahead of actual vehicles.

11 hours ago, 1gor said:

t seems that I'll have to wait few another months for that

years :D

@gyenesvi 8466 is huge and suspension is wobbly, so you'll need reinforcement, but it us great for 3 studs high suspension...just use this 6L arms and reinforce with 3stuts thin liftarm through axle holes ...

Just now, Jurss said:

years :D

Jurris, release date is March 1st, so at least in two months I'll be smarter :wink:

12 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

My guess is that sadly the screw will not mesh with splat gears as a worm gear. The screw spacing seems to be exactly one stud (the piece is six studs long). But that is not the right spacing for splat gears - see Akiyuki's mangle rack video.

It's possible two screws at right angles might be able to turn each other though. The screw angle looks close to 45 degrees.

Yes if need to lack gear for splat gear it's teeth space need to be 1.5L like TLG did in bricQ set. But anyone can have hope. right?

4 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Yes if need to lack gear for splat gear it's teeth space need to be 1.5L like TLG did in bricQ set. But anyone can have hope. right?

Yep. In particular, the 6t splat would not have many teeth in contact...

After considering the possible options with Studio part designer, here is my best guess for the supposedly upcoming new CV joint part in the Ford GT, that makes a 15 wide independent suspension possible. The part would be 3L, the usable axle length would be 1.5L, followed by an almost half stud length of stop part. Used with a half bush as spacer, it would be possible to make a 5L double joint. The stop together with the spacer would prevent the axle from sliding out of the differential and into the other part. Alternatively, it could be used without the bush, in which case the 1.5L axle could slide all the way into the currently existing male part, so the total length could go down to 4.5L.

Narrow%20CV%20Joint%20Male%20with%202L%2

Edited by gyenesvi

5 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

After considering the possible options with Studio part designer, here is my best guess for the supposedly upcoming new CV joint part in the Ford GT, that makes a 15 wide independent suspension possible. The part would be 3L, the usable axle length would be 1.5L, followed by an almost half stud length of stop part. Used with a half bush as spacer, it would be possible to make a 5L double joint. The stop together with the spacer would prevent the axle from sliding out of the differential and into the other part. Alternatively, it could be used without the bush, in which case the 1.5L axle could slide all the way into the currently existing male part, so the total length could go down to 4.5L.

The stop in the middle... May I guess the new part should be in Tan color? :blush: