9 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

can you make the combo model?

You know he'll have to wait until the instructions for the combo model are released online since they are not included, unless someone is reverse engineering it before.

16 hours ago, Nequmodiva said:

You forgot the new bucket on 42061

Wagh, I was hoping to forget that I gave up on making a mockup image of it, too. Something involving splicing these together:

6023352.jpg6100179.jpg

The angle of both images should have made it simple, but I got too tired to judge exactly where to splice the beam from the claw onto the bucket and gave up.

any new parts or colors in the sets you bought?.....can you make the combo model?

This in LBG. Lego Technic, Pin with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and Pin Hole

This in reddish brown.Lego Technic, Axle 5 with Stop

These in medium azure. Lego Technic, Panel Fairing # 5 Long Smooth, Side ALego Technic, Panel Fairing # 6 Long Smooth, Side BPart No: 64683  Name: Technic, Panel Fairing # 3 Small Smooth Long, Side APart No: 64391  Name: Technic, Panel Fairing # 4 Small Smooth Long, Side BPart No: 60483  Name: Technic, Liftarm 1 x 2 Thick with Pin Hole and Axle Hole

I only got the 2 pullbacks. I will build the combo model when the instructions are released. :wink:

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons
Had problems posting the pictures.

31336376535_86ddff0cef_c.jpg

BOOM!!! there she is...

lego part number:  6170153

30514061794_7f5b2bb167_c.jpg

I just came across this new part in a set review on brickset.com (this one) and I'm so exited!
I have been wanting this part for ages now and here it is!

in combination wit 2, L-shape 2x4 liftarms, a perpendiculair axle&pin connector and a 20t gear you could make a tiny but very strong gear reduction

new%20worm%20wheel%20holder%202_zps3bqdg

new%20worm%20wheel%20holder_zpswdz9ioct.

what do you guys think?

Edited by shadow_elenter

Awesome! It also comes in the new Telehandler! It fits the racks that came in the Arocs, which is great because the normal worm gears didn't! There another new piece, one of these, but it has axles, not pins. It connects the liftarms at the top of the boom.

Cool. It certainly beats having to "kitbash" a 2L into 1L.  

BTW, there is already thread on part discussions.  :wink:

22 hours ago, shadow_elenter said:

in combination wit 2, L-shape 2x4 liftarms, a perpendiculair axle&pin connector and a 20t gear you could make a tiny but very strong gear reduction

new%20worm%20wheel%20holder_zpswdz9ioct.

what do you guys think?

I agree this could be very useful. You can use them in a very small space. However, don't expect this to be the holy grail. Like normal worm gears they will suffer from a lot of friction when a lot of torque is involved - which is quite likely in case of gear reduction - as they tend to push themselves against one of its stoppers. For the same reason the bracing in your example could be done better. This way the worm gear will disposition one of its stopping liftarms.

Edited by Didumos69

9 hours ago, Milan said:

Sweet new part.

Merged with General Part Discussion.

Ammended post:

Quote from 42060 review:_
"The most exciting new part is this new 1-length worm gear (6170153 in dark bluish grey) that has a larger diameter than the old 2 length 4716 Worm that has been around since 1985."

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6181998.pdf

See page 62 step 80.

------------------------------

I have built a version of this using a cut down 2L worm and it works great - very compact.

If you use two Long pins with centre hole instead of the 1 x 2 cross block its much stronger and allows you to have either 8:1 or 24:1 reduction using cut down 2l standard worm.

Presumably with new worm you should be able to get 20:1 and 36:1 reduction.

Edited by Doug72
Amended post after new info found.

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Lets merge this with General Part Discussion.

this is awesome news for me....look at the old sets this part is used in, tons of must have sets.

i prefer using new parts so this is excellent!!!

Edited by Richard Dower

1x5 liftarms in Orange, not seen since 2003: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=32316&colorID=4&in=A

1x9 liftarms in Orange, not seen since 2002: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=40490&colorID=4&in=A

Part #2825, not seen in Orange since 2009: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=2825&colorID=4&in=A

Edited by Richard Dower

To anyone owning the new 1L wrm gear: does it slide on the axle like the old worm, or does it have grip, like a gear or bush?

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

To anyone owning the new 1L wrm gear: does it slide on the axle like the old worm, or does it have grip, like a gear or bush?

It grips.  You can still slide it, of course, but it takes a bit of force.

Sounds like a good move with the added friction in addition to the compatibility with the double bevel gears.

The spacing between new worm gear and a 20T double bevel gear (DBG)  is 3L and for 36T DBG is 4L but it doesn't appear to mesh with a 12T DBG nor the 28Z & 60Z turntables unless someone knows otherwise.

Edited by Doug72

9 hours ago, Doug72 said:

The spacing between new worm gear and a 20T double bevel gear (DBG)  is 3L and for 36T DBG is 4L but it doesn't appear to mesh with a 12T DBG nor the 28Z & 60Z turntables unless someone knows otherwise.

Not at 2.5L distance (for 12t), 3.5L (for 28t) and 5.5L (for 60t)?

(1.5, 2.5 and 4.5 stud distance between centers of worm and gear, respectively)

On 06/12/2016 at 5:16 PM, Doug72 said:

Since it has the same diameter with the 12z gear, its has the same meshing compatibility. That means it can mesh with 12z at 2.5L, 35z at 3.5L, and 60z at 5.5.

On another note, I think I know one of the reason why the 2L pin with axle (part 6015356) is made in soft plastic.

- It's probably intended to be a clutch for fans and blades, because it has less friction than the blue 3L pin, but still enough friction to move axle hole. Its use in the 42057 Ultralight Helicopter and 42066 B model Private Jet illustrates this.

- It's intended to use with 2L pins with bush to reinforce structures, and as we all know, 2L with bush tends to crack in the bush. Making the 2L pin with axle in soft plastic probably reduce the effect of heat expansion, thus prevent bush cracking.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

19 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Not at 2.5L distance (for 12t), 3.5L (for 28t) and 5.5L (for 60t)?

(1.5, 2.5 and 4.5 stud distance between centers of worm and gear, respectively)

Thanks for the info. - don't have the new worm gear yet.
New sets with them in not released until Dec 20th in UK so no chance to get one until Jan 2017
None available yet on Brickowl nor on parts direct from Lego.

Think I have figured out how to mesh the new worm gear with 12T DBG and both 28Z & 60Z turntables.

The 12T DBG proved most difficult to achieve.

2 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

On another note, I think I know one of the reason why the 2L pin with axle (part 6015356) is made in soft plastic.

- It's probably intended to be a clutch for fans and blades, because it has less friction than the blue 3L pin, but still enough friction to move axle hole. Its use in the 42057 Ultralight Helicopter and 42066 B model Private Jet illustrates this.

Also have noticed the 2L axle with pin has less gripping power.  and slightly bendy !

Edited by Doug72