Can you post picture with Witch-king in the dark? I want to see how he glows :)

Guys you have good idea with Elrond army builder. Blakstone can you also post pircture with Elrond body + normal elvish head + normal elvish hair (yellow or brown)

thank you in advance :)

Done and you're welcome.

I appreciate everyone's kind comments on my review. As a MOCer and a Lord of the Rings fan, I find this a perfect set. However, if you are a collector I can understand disappointment with the build. Since I repurpose all my brick, I look at the usefulness of the bricks and not the creativity of the build... especially in such as small set.

Done and you're welcome.

I appreciate everyone's kind comments on my review. As a MOCer and a Lord of the Rings fan, I find this a perfect set. However, if you are a collector I can understand disappointment with the build. Since I repurpose all my brick, I look at the usefulness of the bricks and not the creativity of the build... especially in such as small set.

Thank you very much for pictures with elvish warrior and witch-king in the dark. I think only Elronds hair fit to this green torso.

In my opinion the best way to make such great Wood-elves warrior is connecting body CMF Elf + 79012 elfs head with hair. I can't show how this mixed elf looks, because I made him in paint and have enough bricks :) Blakstone if I don't bother you and this isn't problem post here cmf elf torso + 79012 elfs head with hair.

I have good idea for armored elf. It is connect Elronds body + spartan helmet (spine don't have to be red, gold is also good).

If you do it I would be very grateful. If I want too much you don't have to do it. I don't want to waste your time.

Edited by wetib

I have good idea for armored elf. It is connect Elronds body + spartan helmet (spine don't have to be red, gold is also good).

I don't know that's going to look similar to this one http://i.ebayimg.com...R,9!~~60_12.JPG . I bought one of these and i actually don't like the Spartan helmet as replacement for Elvish one. Maybe the golden arms on the new Elrond will help a little.

Edited by sahidko

Thanks for the review. The minifigures look fantastic and are definitely the highlight of the set. Love that shot of the three lady Elves together. Just a shame its one heroine short (the best one too at that :cry_sad: ) Looking forward to seeing how the set itself looks when combined with the other two Dol Guldur sets.

Oh look another set with 10/10 minifigs and 0/10 build!

As if anyone is buying this for the "build". It's three great minfigs with some useful generic castle bits thrown in.

Thanks for the review and the photos! Just one thing - that 2nd Age polybag Elrond should be quoted as "past" and that Hobbit one as "present".

Thanks for the early look. My opinion remains unchanged. Its a useful parts pack, and of course The figs are nice (I like the WK best), but it doesnt sway me into buying the set. Shame the Elvish sword is in gold again.

Edited by Ardelon

Thanks for the review! Looks like a nice little set with good parts to bad they didn't include more of the dk red leafs.The minfigs are really nice. Is the glimmering cape the same as Vitruvius has?

This certainly validates my desire to buy this set. It still appears to be the best set of the wave with 2 original minifigs and a new version of another. All the minifigs look really good. As for the build, it does contain some useful parts. I am tempted to run to Toy's R Us, but will probably wait until October to start buying some of these sets in order to get the double VIP points.

I do have to ask though, did the Toys R US prices match the retail price, or did they inflate them?

Toys R Us used to inflate the retail price but I believe that started to match them around Hobbit wave 2. They did not go back to reprice the older sets though. So it is always worth checking.

Brickset shows the retail price for this set to be the same as Toys R Us charged.

The glimmering cape is the same type material as Vitruvius. However, I think his glimmering portion is blue. Galadriel's cape is white.

I thought to title that one Elrond photo as past, present, and future after I took it. I knew that they were not in that order at the time.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm saying it, but that yellow head looks awful.

Steve

Oh look another set with 10/10 minifigs and 0/10 build!

As a collector of parts - especially minifig parts - I really don't mind. This set is a treasure trove for me! :grin:

Thanks for the review. Definitely a must buy. I could see army building him. I picked up a lot of elf hairpieces on bricklink a while ago, so this can fill the void and I can take away from my Mirkwood army.

I actually don't care for the Spartan helmet. I tried that on Haldir and the golds are different. IF they were the same, it'd be better. But I like this armored Elf variant.

Is that a pearl gold cape???

Thanks for review! This will be a day one purchase for certain.

Went to TRU in Tampa, FL and no new Hobbit sets. Not surprised since they don't have new sets even after the release date for SW or Hobbit.

I have only one minor issue with Elrond. His leg printing seems under detailed compared to his torso and his Prologue polybag version. According to source material, he should have some skirt detailing which is absent and the chainmail portion doesn't look shiny like metal should.

Yellow and pearl gold is not the best combination. Maybe olive green arms will make Elrond more generic. Maybe dark brown could work as well.

If this is the end of the series and of all elves, Haldir remains the ultimate Elf in my eyes.

Hey Mahtion, I live near Clearwater, FL (right next to Tampa) and the TRU on US 19 in Clearwater has the 2014 Hobbit sets. Just letting you know in case you can make it over there!

Edited by Regenerate builder

Hey Mahtion, I live near Clearwater, FL (right next to Tampa) and the TRU on US 19 in Clearwater has the 2014 Hobbit sets. Just letting you know in case you can make it over there!

Oh thanks for heads up! Won't be able to make it due to work but I'll keep it in mind. What's the UPC code so I can check other toysrus locations around Tampa Bay area?

Oh thanks for heads up! Won't be able to make it due to work but I'll keep it in mind. What's the UPC code so I can check other toysrus locations around Tampa Bay area?

I believe the code is 8728. Good luck.

I believe the code is 8728. Good luck.

Thanks! I will probably just head to Clearwater since it's there. Hope it's still out on shelves when I check after work today.

I have just purchased this set off on amazon at a 27% discount for £8.75. Never have I felt so much value for my money. This review does justice to an amazing set.

The piece selection is amazing and the 3 figures are simply gorgeous. For anyone in the UK who has not taken this offer up, I'd advise you to rush on it.