Kayne

Inside Kaliphlin: Day 1 The Withered Woods

9054397114_c3e57c60a2_c.jpg

Welcome good travelers! We are pleased to have you join us on this wonderful tour of the many wonders of Kaliphlin! Today is our first stop, and we are brought to the home of the elves in the Withered Woods. Remember to keep your arms and legs inside the trolley for the entire ride. The elves are known to be territorial, and only allow us through on special occasions. We also ask that you please do not feed the elves. Theirs is a strict diet of figs, berries, nuts and green vegetables. We hope you enjoy the tour, and remember to join us everyday for the rest of this month for the rest of the tour!

9057783174_c4976eb6b6_c.jpg

9057775852_598e4de128_c.jpg

9055555833_e044a3e5e5_c.jpg

Fellow Historicans, the tour of Kaliphlin has begun. We ask that you all enjoy the many wonders we have to offer over the next 2 weeks. As always, thank you for visiting your friends in the South!

Great start to what promises to be a very extravagant tour! The irregular base works well here and I love your trees :wub:

The tower is top notch as well, the roof is fantastic and the colorscheme is excellent :thumbup: Always enjoy seeing new castle builds from you and this is one of my favorites :classic:

Lovely tower! And the orange tree looks amazing too! Though I guess it's all downhill from here. Hehehehe (It's a southern guild joke you see!)

Thanks SK!

Lovely tower! And the orange tree looks amazing too! Though I guess it's all downhill from here. Hehehehe (It's a southern guild joke you see!)

:laugh:

Beautiful Kaliphlin!

Great build Kayne, love the birch tree and the undergrowth. And the tower!

:classic:

Excellent work, I like in particularly the irregular base :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, so many nice things in this MOC! You can really feel the right atmosphere in here! Also beautifull work with the dark orange and the white :sweet:

Wonderful job Kayne. The trees are excellent, and the tower is also very well done.

Great work, this tower is awesome! The roof is one of my favorite elements, as it is very non-traditional, and the windows at the top for light is a classical element that not many people include in their roofs. As I said in the other forum, those trees are awesome!

I love the editing of the post card, I probably can't do that with mine!

I love this, kayne! Great work!

Where did you get the orange tree leaves from?

The leaves are from altbricks.com

Great work, this tower is awesome! The roof is one of my favorite elements, as it is very non-traditional, and the windows at the top for light is a classical element that not many people include in their roofs. As I said in the other forum, those trees are awesome!

I love the editing of the post card, I probably can't do that with mine!

If you need a hand, I may be able to that for you, once they are in the Flickr group

This is a real beauty! Love the way you presented the moc! This will be fun to follow!

The leaves are from altbricks.com

Not a big fan of those but apart from that it is a very nice start. Looks very promising!

Nice trees and vegetation and a very unusual but creative tower you have there. I'm looking forward to more postcards from the south :thumbup:

Nice work Kayne! I love the trees! This looks to be an awesome project! :moar:

I really like your tower design, especially the roof! The birch tree is also nice, as well as the whole environment. As a purist, I am however a little bit less enthusiastic about the third-party parts but I must admit they look great :wink:

Great work Kayne, as others have mentioned the roof in particular looks very nice! And your description made me laugh... :laugh:

Love the way you portrayed the Wither Woods, the colors have a great weathered decayed look. The base is absolutely perfect too.

Love the base and tower design, especially the roof. The trees are also very nice(despite of custom parts, sorry) and I really like the brick build spear. Great start of the Kaliphlin tour!

Lovely work Kayne! The roof in particular looks a treat and the small side towers (?) are intruiging. I'm not a huge fan of the third party plant parts either, but the colours of the ground cover work wonderfully well here. :thumbup:

Thanks Gabe! Other than the altbricks leaves and a couple of vambraces and greaves from Brickwarriors I usually avoid custom pieces as well. But, the leaves from altbricks look so close to the Lego ones that I can live with that

So there are other elves in Histroica. Good looking trees. I like the white one quite a bit.

Great looking tower. I love the shape and that roof is fantastic! I for one really like the use of all the altbricks colors. The tan/brown grasses work really well.