Wineyard

Attack of the Daimyo

16310409201_fbd3552033_z.jpg

In the early 17th century european traders and missionaries was banned to enter Japan. The shogunate believed that the europeans were forerunners of a military campaign and therefore they were expelled. My project is inspired by these events. The scene depicts some desperate Europeans who tried to take refuge in a castle.

16140571319_d1b48b52ce_z.jpg

16324988271_40e833cdae_z.jpg

16139389180_8785677cbe_z.jpg

16326762355_06999721a5_z.jpg

16140555699_659d65b871_z.jpg

16326773905_5d46ed8385_z.jpg

15706856183_7aa41b30cc_z.jpg

Criticism and comments are highly welcomed!

That is one nice castle, Wineyard!

The style is spot-on similar to the Himeji Castle! I like the stone foundation and the tiered roofs! The windows are also nicely done, as are the wooden guard towers!

Impressive! Most impressive :classic:

Outstanding work and a lot of "Japanese Minifugures". You have a very nice collection of them :classic:

Very fine Japanese setting - excellent castle & scene! :sweet:

Some pics seem to be a bit dark (ok, I am always struggling with picture improvement myself... :cry_sad: )

Brick on!

Fantastic :classic:

I love the SNOT technique you used for the lower walls! The roof looks impressive, too.

Amazing work.

Excellent work. I have built some asian MOCs lately and thought about a Japanese Castle next. Yours is a great inspiration. Really accurate !

Criticism and comments are highly welcomed!

Criticism? What criticism? It's spot on! Awesome build!

Wow. That is amazing. I love the walls are turned on their sides to make it more 3d. The detail is amazing. It is so beautiful and the only other word was majestic. I love this thing sooooooooo much!!!! :classic::laugh::sweet::grin:

I'd been thinking about doing one of these castles for a while, but I had no idea where to start. This is really amazing, and is inspiring me to give it a crack. Really just top notch stuff. Any chance you could give us a closer shot of the courtyard and (if there is one) the interior?

Edited by 2maxwell

I lived in Japan for three years and saw a few Jō during that time. This is fantastic! It even looks a little like the one in Ibaraki prefecture on the way to my in-laws' house. (although the roof of that one is sand green)

Don't get to see a lot of Asian architecture in LEGO, so this is especially cool.

Edited by rollermonkey

Really great grey walls mate! Those roofs also are excellent made with great details!

The packed action also at the entrance of the castle is great, It looks amazing looking at so many japanese helmets packed...

Keep building great mocs like this!