cesbrick

CCCXII – Black Hollow Village

Hi again guys.

So, this is my 2nd entry for the CCC, more specifically for the Large Miscellaneous Category.

I’ve been wanting to build a medieval village for quite a while and finally I was able to do it. I had a lot of trouble because I ran out of bricks in sooo many spots that I had to improvise a lot. Also, I don’t really like square bases, but, again, I was out of wedge plates so this was the best solution that I could find :/

CC is welcome as always. Enjoy!

15302346194_7e8094e006_b.jpg

15737126408_d574c861a4_b.jpg

15898771186_4ded6ac108_b.jpg

15924572645_db024ffccd_b.jpg

15922615371_566ed4c78b_b.jpg

Edited by cesbrick

Holy... THis is very nice! Those houses are very nice, the roofs are soo detailed. Also that watermill is very nice!

Great MOC! I love the houses the most! And lot of details. The simple paths are great. Atmosphere here is just perfect!

Wow, that's awesome :classic: .

Your village looks fantastic!

Good luck for the contest.

I love the various roof techniques you used, this is very inspiring. The whole MOC works superbly.

I actually, like the square base much better than anything else as it really shows how the buildings are not alligned. I am still wondering which area you could have improved by having more bricks. This MOC looks perfect to me.

Sweet, Cesbrick!

Another great build! The details are amazing, as are the building techniques! I love how each building has a different style, both for the walls and for the roof including color variations. The activity of the minifigures gives it a great lively feeling!

Definitely a very nice moc. Would love to have it in my vitrine, if I had the space. I hope it is stable enough to play with, I cannot tell. But it looks like an "oh my God, what a moc, I want it" kind of a moc.

Amazing build! I love all the little details in this MOC...soo much to discover!

And your roof techniques rock!

Frontpage material in my humble opinion. :wub:

What can I say - what can I add?

It is great, looks like a comic.

Fantastic to see so many really different (and new) roof techniques.

And each door is custom made and unique .... and the landscape works out fine ... and ... and :wink:

The improvisation seems to have turned out well. This village really comes to life.

A very good rickety old village. Lovely details everywhere.

The pigpen, barrel sty and rickety vine fence, with the chickens scratching around are very good .... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Awesome!!!

This is the best Village-Moc I've seen so far -or at least definitely the one I personally like the most. Everything is great, there's no spot I don't like. I like the style, the colours, those marvellous roofs. Wow!

You did a great job here, this one is really hard (impossible?) to beat, so I guess I don't need to wish you good luck for the contest -you won't need it;-)

What can I say - what can I add?

It is great, looks like a comic.

Fantastic to see so many really different (and new) roof techniques.

And each door is custom made and unique .... and the landscape works out fine ... and ... and :wink:

The improvisation seems to have turned out well. This village really comes to life.

Thanks Cap! Glad you like it.

A very good rickety old village. Lovely details everywhere.

The pigpen, barrel sty and rickety vine fence, with the chickens scratching around are very good .... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks a lot. One of my favourite parts to ;)

Awesome!!!

This is the best Village-Moc I've seen so far -or at least definitely the one I personally like the most. Everything is great, there's no spot I don't like. I like the style, the colours, those marvellous roofs. Wow!

You did a great job here, this one is really hard (impossible?) to beat, so I guess I don't need to wish you good luck for the contest -you won't need it;-)

Thank you so much Fletcher for taking the time to see the build and leave a comment as great as this. But there's been so many great entrys to the CCC that it's not going to be easy to win, specially in the Large Mix Category. And we are still a month apart from the deadline.

Edited by cesbrick

Excellent work here, I really like all the different houses and the entire scene is really lively! There are so many great details but I really like the way you did the fence around the pig pen, and the use of horns for feed! :thumbup:

Stupendous build Cesbrick! Great work making the scene lively, and excellent job with the different roof techniques, the paths, waterwheel, rock-work, stairs, stream, trees, bridge, landscape, and all the little details! :wink::thumbup:

Magnificent village, each building on its own is brilliantly constructed and when put them together in the village and add all the details it just becomes perfect, it all works together so well.