Hello again,

Today I present to you my final MOC before I begin college. At the beginning of the summer I had some trouble with the custom battery in this model so I had moved on to the corvette. Unfortunately I did not finish the corvette in time, but I did resolve the battery issue in this truck.

This small scale trophy truck was constructed off the guidelines given for the real life truck. These trucks are massive, with 39 inch tires, and suspension travels of 24-28 inches in the front and almost 30 inches in the rear. The wheelbase is about 125 inches long and 93 inches wide. The somewhat light and agile body is paired up with a 700+ horsepower motor, making for one very fast vehicle. My goals in this model were speed and long suspension travel. In order to overcome the battery pack limitations, I purchased one of z3_2drive's custom batteries and receivers. This rechargeable battery really packs a punch. Drive is powered by a buggy motor and the steering by the servo motor. Now time for some photos!

aedit_t4i_22953.jpg

In an attempt to make the model stick out even more, I used the very unique blue panels from the 41999 BOSS Crawler. Though it did pose some limitations in the bodywork, I think it looks really, really cool.

edit_t4i_22929.jpg

I also really like how the back turned out. Though the real trucks often do not have lights in the back, they certainly help to dress it up. The spare tires and the grill hide the rechargeable battery.

edit_t4i_22939.jpg

Here you can see the large suspension travel in the back. Trophy trucks usually have 4-link suspension in the rear, which is what I emulated here.

edit_t4i_22948.jpg

Just like the real trucks the rear suspension is dampened. For my model, I used the old pneumatic cylinders with only one port at the bottom. You can also barely see the battery hang down from above.

edit_t4i_22931.jpg

Here you can see the underbelly, I am starting to get the hang of building studless!

And the video, one of my bests to date.

And more pictures:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=546838

I hope you enjoyed looking at this model as I had making and driving it. As I am leaving for college tomorrow without my legos, there will be no more creations until winter break. I will continue to lurk though!

Regads,

Tim

I'll say it again, I love the way it turned out! All features are excellent, and the video editing... :wub: Good luck in college!

Been watching this project come together from the start, glad to see it turned out this great! Awesome job man, have fun in college :tongue:

Great truck. Good use of the old school pneumatics. I had the same idea myself as I have those from the 90's. Good luck with your studies.

H :thumbup:

Very nice Trophy Truck and a well shot video. :thumbup:

All the best with college.

Great work Tim,you are now a member of the Hall OF Fame. :sweet:

Have fun at college. :thumbup:

Wow that was one of my goals for the year, thank you I am honored!

Tim

Great work! All the best in college and finding a good job to finance the hobbies :wink:

Oowh wowie, that's really just amazing!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Good luck and have fun in college

Thank you again for the good luck wishes.

Great project! Any ideas about what you want to study? ;)

I am dual majoring product design and mechanical engineering. Working at Lego would be a dream!

Tim