MassEditor

An awesome gift for a GoH AFOL

Hey everyone! I have to brag a little bit (ok, a lot) about my mother and share this wonderful Christmas gift she sent me. I tend to be my own worst supporter as far as sharing my builds with the broader community and what have you. I've also come to have a special place in my heart for the GoH forum and dedicate all of my building time to this ongoing project. Knowing both those things, my mom truly came up with something awesome this year. She and my step-father own their own graphic design and print shop so I have to let you know she did one 100 percent of the work on this.

It's tough at times since my mother lives about 1,200 miles away in the heart of Canada. But to know she still takes such an active interest in my hobby is really touching (it should go without saying, she bought me my first set). This is really handy too because most people in my real life have no idea I spend hours each night playing with LEGOs. I've told a few to look on Flickr on MOCpages, but for someone not in the community it can be difficult to find a specific person I suppose. But now I have this I can show off whenever I need.

My mom is also a lurker of the forum, I found out recently, and wanted me to share with you guys how awesome of a community this is and the fantastic builds/builders that make GoH shine. If I could just get her to start building, maybe I could get her to join Nocty!

Ok, so here's the gift: a portfolio/book of all the builds I've done in 2014, with the majority being GoH related. I know most of you guys have seen these already, but this just seemed too cool not to share a little. (Mods, I'm sorry if this isn't exactly topic-worthy, but it is mostly GoH stuff!).

The cover and table of contents:

16090483225_6ff921e69b.jpg

15468199424_19e4b06df2.jpg

A couple of my favorite GoH builds so far (sorry about the quality of some of the pics):

16090483625_a4f5a17422.jpg

16090483235_085a7344f1.jpg

16090483245_988d8daa7b.jpg

This build on the left was my first official one for GoH, the one on the right was I think my very first after getting out of my dark ages last year.

16089927492_e3196fece3.jpg

And a couple of non-GoH entries in the book. The ship is one of the best builds I've done, and I thought the background of The Black Gate deserved sharing (my mom added that to the picture - I wouldn't know where to begin changing backgrounds myself!).

16090483265_d7230f0f53.jpg

16090483435_4cf26cf080.jpg

Well, thanks for looking everyone and letting me brag on my mom for a sec. And mom, if you read this, thanks again!

Edited by MassEditor

Wow, this is just super cool! The black background behind the pics looks truely awesome and makes your mocs seine even more so. Gee, didn't know you made such an awesome ship, you got a ink for it?

Thanks guys!

Wow, this is just super cool! The black background behind the pics looks truely awesome and makes your mocs seine even more so. Gee, didn't know you made such an awesome ship, you got a ink for it?

Thanks kabel, I had a feeling you, a shipmaster, would notice that one! Here's the build on MOCpages.

This is awesome Patrick! The portfolio looks stunning. You deserve it my friend! :sweet:

And that ship.... What else have you been hiding from us, hum??

Truly a spectacular and very thoughtful gift! It's definitely really neat to have a physical portfolio, I actually made one through shutterfly a few months ago :classic:

What a truly loving gift from your mother! She did a fantastic job with it! Your MOC's look great. I'll echo the others on that beautiful ship.

Yes we have seen pictures already, but not in this excellent form. This is a heart-warming story, thanks for sharing.

(HMS Bulldog is noted)

Merry Christmas!

Doesnt get more unique than that! Now you have all your awesome creations in a book so every one to see. She really has a great taste!

Wow! What a wonderfull gift! It's the perfect thing to explain your hobby to non-AFOL's, how very thoughtfull of your mom. Creativity runs in the family, thats for sure!

A great gift idea, it's really awesome to have a Mom that's interested in your hobbies (thankfully I speak from experience here)! The black really sets off your MOCs to advantage, and the brick page numbers are a great touch!

:cry_happy:

This is what a Christmas gift supposed to be. Personal, and nothing you would ever buy/make yourself.

(by the way, the picture links lead to nowhere to me)

Wow, first of all I must give major credit to your mom! What an incredible gift, and so professionally done....amazing. Second, I must say that your builds look great all over again in the book!

Merry Christmas!

Very cool gift. Didn't know you had ties to Canada, ME. I wonder if your mom would make other such books on commission?

Great idea, congratulations for the awesome gift!

And of course, keep up the great work :classic:

That is an amazing gift! I want to see the revised addition as you continue to make more amazing builds!