Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

I think these are fake.

The sword seems like a new mold and it clearly says LEGO when zoomed in.

I would say that I am still not sure the alien is a CM6 figure, but the others most likely are.

Edited by vexorian

At least the background of the pictures is making them look fake.

That would be because these pics weren't taken by TLG.

Some of the new molds very clearly say (ie: the new sword) "LEGO" when zoomed up.

I would say that I am still not sure the alien is a CM6 figure, but the others most likely are.

+1 to the first statement! Considering we saw trademark logos on some pieces those figures won't get anymore official than that. So there...

As for the second statement: I think I'd have to open up an "Unwanted grey alien-shelter" then. Any early offers? :wink:

I think these are fake.

I'm just curious to how you have come to this conclusion?- besides the background- A couple of these images have been floating around for a month or so and certainly don't look like imitations or custom work.

I'm really getting excited over the butcher. An army of butchers, I can see it now. They still haven't released series 5 around here so I better calm myself.

Edited by 22kane

The new sword is an improvement, but looks a bit simple compared to all the custom ones available. Also, the new brown shield is a welcome addition, but it is less spectatular than the viking shield. More details should be added.

Oh... I don't know. If it's really supposed to be some sort of Scottish Highlander, it wouldn't be very detailed.

The Statue of Libery is of course great, she will make a forest goddess of some sort.

Interesting idea... guess I'm just not very creative.

I wouldn't mind some female elves, too...

Edit: Hand's backwards on the highlander... just saying (I know, it's a matter of point of view).

Edited by fred67

Oh my, these looks amazing.

butcher, mechanic and minataur are my faves at the moment.

Edited by deskp

As for the second statement: I think I'd have to open up an "Unwanted grey alien-shelter" then. Any early offers? :wink:

I like the Alien and it (and all the minifigures in the pictures) is certainly an official LEGO minifigure. But I have my doubts as to whether it is a CM fig and not for something else. Granted, the doubts are very small and got smaller once the other figures appeared. Just saying, if the alien turns out to be a figure in another 2012 theme, it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by vexorian

Wow. In my opinion, this series, even so far, is only beaten by 4. But if the last 6 figures are as good as these, I won't be surprised if they are surpassed.

Alien...meh. My only problem is the head is really thin. If it was more wide, I'd have no problem.

Statue of Liberty is a fantastic, very well done figure. Usages limited, but I'll tell you what, our miniscale cities are gonna be happy with this. :laugh:

Genie? WIN. WIN WIN WIN.

Leprechaun - good, but his pot will much more useful than the figure itself.

Butcher - INFINITE uses. Waiter, soda jerk, store clerk, and the steak and cleaver can be an addition to almost anything.

Fonzee (:laugh_hard:) It's his toolbox and hair that gets me excited, but the new colored wrench and mechanic shirt are great, too.

I'm only a little irritated at the third skater, though. I know it's a girl, but it wouldn't take a lot to make a roller skate mold. Either way, her pink skull shirt looks great.

The barbarian actually looks more like William Wallace to me. :grin: But I know they wouldn't use named figures. Then again, Statue of Liberty. Yes, the sword is a tad plain compared to the Gladiator's, but the rest is quite nice.

The minotaur...well, it's a nice idea, but it could use some work on execution. Looks a bit small.

Space girl is an almost exact copy of the space man, jut in pink. But that's not particularly bad. :shrug_oh_well:

Hmmmm has someone from Lego been looking at my designs? If so that's incredibly cool. :excited:

Grey alien

Butcher

If they did see your designs, it would be very disappointing to think of them choosing that torso for the gray instead of following something closer to yours.

These are excellent! I'll definitely pick up that butcher and use him for my ice cream parlor--he looks better than the minifig I have there now. I probably won't get many of these, since I'm trying to only get figs that I feel like I can incorporate into my town (although I might have to get that Scotsman for the kilt--I have a plan that might work for that one), but they're all very impressive.

Fantastic! I'm loving these! :drool:

As far as I can see LEGO are really going the extra mile with new molds! That Genie is just amazing! The best so far IMO, followed by the Statue of Liberty (slope is the wrong way round? :facepalm: ).

I'm looking forward to seeing the others! This just might be the best series yet, and hopefully not the last!

I want that Pink Space lady (Well my 6 year old daughter does) I built her a Pink A-Wing years ago and now she has the perfect Pilot.

Seriously there are some lovely pieces in these sets, and I want that minotaur now!

Oh... I don't know. If it's really supposed to be some sort of Scottish Highlander, it wouldn't be very detailed.

I guess you are right. Not every theme needs runes and ornaments, some are better left a bit simpler.

When I saw the the 1st two (alien and statue of liberty) I was really skeptical. Some of these look a little more convincing.

- grey alien - torso printing looks bad and the body looks overall to be lacking in detail

- Statue of Liberty - seems kind of specific for the collectable minifig line. Haven't they always been general characters? Backwards robe?

- highlander guy - Do official lego weapons have so much printing on them? Not the ones I'm looking at right now.

- leprechan - The pot looks odd to me.

- butcher - Those molde marks on the cleaver look pretty pronounced for official Lego but I'm not too sure.

- mechanic - One of the most convincing ones. The new moldes look like they could be official.

- female skater - Well Lego does love skaters.

- genie - Sure looks interesting to me. I've wanted them to make a genie for a while now.

- minotuar - Another one I've wanted for awhile. I'd like to get a better look at the head.

- female space hero - Looks typical. I like the new color for the pop singer hair.

Overall, something seems a little off to me about most of these. While I like some of them, they just don't have that official Lego look to them. Maybe the pictures are of works in progress. Also, were the space alien and the statue of liberty from the same source? I didn't see them on the same Pockyland thread. Maybe the Statue of Liberty is one of the new regional items and not a collectable minifig.

Edited by mo123567

Now for my detailed breakdown:

Statue of Liberty: If she is the same old green as the trolls and suchlike I can see using the parts for dryads, Batman tAS Poison Ivy/Certain comic iterations of her, a female half orc/troll, goddess of any purpose or element that matches the shade, alien woman... Endless for the head alone. The rest of her is more statue-like than is entirely useful but I am sure I can think of something!

Alien: Yawn. The head doesn’t suite the body, he needs to be skinny and spindly. The print is nice enough on the torso. Good and robot like too.

Genie: I like this one , certainly, the new smoke puff lower section is nice, the lamp is lovely and the turban ornament is fabulous. Also, gold hands!

Leprechaun: I love the hat, Mad Hatter (the Batman baddie) could do with a hat like that. A pot for medieval/earlier cooking is always welcome, the face is nice enough to create any sort of historic character.

Butcher: A variety of uses for this chap, his cleaver is great and the meat is a welcome change to chicken. The hat can be easily re-coloured for a variety of uses.

Mechanic: A great new mechanic torso, oil smudged face a re-coloured spanner and a really nice toolbox. The very best bit being the hair! Elvis like indeed.

Skater Goth/Emo: Yay! They finally realised that girls skate too, as I mentioned before, this figure looks like myself at 15, my sister (when she was 15...) a significant chunk of my peer group not to mention how great it is to have highlighted hair and a nice printed torso. Oh yeah and my gig jeans! All these parts will be most welcome in my collection!

Highland Warrior. Whether it be “FREEEEEEDOOOOM!!!” or “There can be only one.” This guy is great. A nice simple sword and shield and the lovely torso print, not to mention a kilt.

Minotaur: Oh, he is wonderful. Yes he’s a little small for a true mythical beast but as a nice fantasy army builder figure he is great. Good details as with all figures.

Space Woman: A new unique print, not a copy of the series 1 Space Hero. That wonderful helmet in yet another colour is certainly welcome. Her face is certainly no nonsense and more hair re-colours. This figure is the best so far, not only is she in a non typical role, she is just the right colour for those poor misguided parents to identify with. Lots of lucky girls are going to be able to enter the wonderful world of sci-fi and adventure!

Genie: ... Also, gold hands!

I'm pretty sure those are the same gold hands as are on the Pearl Gold C-3POs. Nothing new.

I declare the Statue of Liberty figure to be a trick-or-treater Halloween figure. I love the Halloween subtheme in the CMFs.

And here are my own opinions:

Statue of Liberty: Amazing, as I mentioned already. Of course, some of her parts are useless for anything besides the Statue of Liberty or people dressed up as the Statue of Liberty, but in general she's still a nicely-designed fig. I think the novelty of a Statue of Liberty minifigure being possible far outweighs any lack of versatility in her part designs, because really there's hardly a way to make her parts more versatile and still have her look like the Statue of Liberty.

Alien: He's a bit ambiguous. The robotic-looking body looks odd when used with the organic-looking head, seeing as there's no color difference separating the two. The head is very nicely designed, and I wonder how it looks in profile. He has some of that retro charm, but not enough to make up for the confusing design. He's not high on my list of figs to get.

Leprechaun: Very stylish! His bushy orange beard makes the head very useful indeed, and while his green outfit is very specific to leprechauns (or over-enthusastic St. Patrick's Day celebrators), it's still stylish. I believe the 1x1 round plate in Warm Gold is supposed to go inside the pot, not underneath it. The pot is a nicely-designed piece, but a handle would have helped it a bit.

Butcher: Versatile, old-fashioned outfit, a great and unique face, and a cute little hat to top it off. The meat cleaver is a great new minifigure accessory. The cut of meat is less versatile, but could be great as food for a LEGO animal like a dog or wolf.

Mechanic: One of my favorites. His toolbox is a simple but versatile design; the only regret is that it isn't actually functional. And a functional toolbox that could hold more than one tool would be far too large however you slice it. The wrench comes in Medium Stone Grey, I believe, which is a new color for it. His uniform is specific to mechanics, but that still allows for a wide range of uses. I love that it has the same "flaming wrench" logo seen on the S3 Race Car Driver and I believe some racers sets. The smiling face with oil stains is very nice, and the hair is very unique, giving him a personality that no existing hair piece could really have achieved.

Skater Girl: Very unique design despite being yet another skateboarder. Hard to tell if her hair is new-- I think it's just the S1 Nurse's hair with printed highlights, which is still awesome. The outfit is very quirky, and the skateboard continues that blend of "girliness" and a hardcore attitude. Her face has a nice angry grin. She's not one I'm in a huge hurry to get, but she's still well-designed.

Highland Warrior: The picture really doesn't make his printing look very good; it all looks too dark. But I believe that's a consequence of a bad photo rather than a bad design. Time will tell if I'm right. The kilt is nice and versatile, the face is rugged yet not too specific to this character, and the hair color adds great variety to a minifigure designer's options. The sword and shield seem somewhat generic, but still OK.

Minotaur: A direct front view probably doesn't do this one justice. But thankfully his eyes are visible from front view, and they're nice and simple like the eyes of most LEGO animals and minifigures, so that's a plus for me. I love the greek key pattern on his legs, even if the hooves make them impossible to use for non-fantasy figures. The axe is painfully boring as an accessory, but the head and horns probably lowered the accessories budget for this guy. And hey, he's a minotaur-- it's not like he needs much in the way of weapons anyway!

Genie: My first impression of this fig was that he must have something to do with the Disney partnership. Looking at him again, he doesn't have too much of a resemblance (the Disney character, after all, doesn't have a turban), but it's obvious that the Disney character had some influence even if only in shaping modern perceptions of what a genie looks like. The lamp is nice, and will be even nicer if the spout accepts a flame so as to act as a proper oil lamp. His color is either Medium Azure or Dark Azure-- if it's Medium Azure, it's the first time that color has been seen in official parts. Because of his color his parts aren't all that versatile, but he's a brilliant design anyway. On a side note, when my younger brother first saw this fig he made the astute observation that this is the first time an accessory of any kind has been attached to the turban in an official set.

Space Woman: The simple hot pink uniform is great and reminiscent of the vivid colors used for Classic Space uniforms, or more directly reminiscent of the space uniform designs of the microfigs in Lunar Command and Meteor Strike. The inclusion of a hair piece-- in a new color for that piece, no less!-- is a great design decision. A lot of people are getting tired of those laser guns, but in my opinion you can never have too many. Her spunky facial expression truly makes her feel like an action heroine. Only thing I'm kind of unsure about is the design choice of giving her a Transparent Light Blue visor.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with these figures, and look forward to their release. And I haven't even gone out looking for Series 5 yet!

I declare the Statue of Liberty figure to be a trick-or-treater Halloween figure. I love the Halloween subtheme in the CMFs.

You obviously have never been to Manhattan, New York. I saw numerous people dressed up as Statue of Liberty in the tourist spots, luring people to take their picture with them in exchange for money. I'm sure that's a year-round occupation, too. :tongue:

Series 6 is looking good! :cry_happy:

Skateboarder: Different enough from the first two skateboarders to be desirable, but I wonder how many more we'll get. One more after this to balance out the male-female ratio?

Genie: Great

Barbarian: A little plain, but still nice.

Minotaur: Great

Space Woman: Would be nicer with a new ray gun colour (or ray beam colour). I like that she comes with both a helmet and a hairpiece.

Alien: Torso design doesn't match at all (better suited to a robot; I prefer grey ribbing on front/back) and the hands should not be red. Like the space woman, it should have a ray gun in a new colour and a ray beam.

Statue of Liberty: Great

Leprechaun: Great. It would be nice if he came with some Lego coins, but that might be asking too much.

Butcher: Steak handle looks a bit long, but otherwise great.

Grease monkey: Great

I look forward to seeing pictures of the rest of Series 6, and to seeing all of them in-store (guessing Jan 2012?)

So, my personal opinion of all the figures, as if anyone would be interested after so many other comments already :laugh:

Statue of Liberty: Great figure, interesting to see whether the skirt is printed... I suppose not, considering that the photographer managed to put it on wrong. Green is a bit strange choice of colour, certainly grey would be more useful for a statue. But kids might think it dull. Nevertheless, I will probably use the figure as a statue somewhere in my Lego village. Turning the head around though, otherwise it would look too much alive.

Alien: Well, I'm not very excited about this, but the head might look a little better from another angle? Dunno. I suspect that the designers have been trying to avoid the figure turning out too scary, which has led to a quite cartoonish headpiece, a bit simplistic, robotlike torso print and bright red hands.

Mechanic: Nice hair style, apparently Elvis didn't die but changed his profession. The greasemarks on his face don't look that good in my opinion, they shouldn't be so clearly defined. Nice torso print and red toolbox. I won't be buying this, but it's not to blame on the minifigure himself - I just don't build City.

Skater girl: Now there's a girl with (emo) attitude! I'm not well versed in fashion like this, but Avril Lavigne springs to my mind? The hair is black with purple streaks? Wonderful! Hopefully BL prices for the hair won't jump too high. The skateboard is getting a bit old, I admit, but I don't think any other accessory could be as fitting for this girl.

Highlander: Great figure! Very nice and detailed torso design (the photo is a bit dark and doesn't really show it very well, I think). Personally I'm very happy that they printed the kilt instead of adding it as a cloth. When most skirt-wearing minifigures do with normal legs and leg printing anyway, the few cloth skirts just stand out a bit awkwardly in my opinion. Also personally I think that's the best sword design Lego has come up after the original Castle and Pirate swords from the 70's and 80's. The simple and elegant design beats the crap out of those oversized chrome greatswords and their ilk. Not that Series 4 gladiator sword was bad either, but this one is more fitting for medieval times.

Minotaurus: Wow, more cow-horns! Too bad that the figure is too good to be robbed of its horns in favour of my vikings/barbarians, just like my cows. Nice torso, but I would like to see a profile shot of the headpiece to really be able to judge how good it is. The eyes sadly look like those big yellow globes of the Series 4 Werewolf, which I disliked.

Genie: In some ways it seemed inevitable that sooner or lated we'd get a genie in these series, and on the other hand it seemed very doubtful, considering the "leg" piece would need to be somewhat groundbreaking new design for minifigures. But lo, they did it beatifully! Solid design all around, and finally the little hole in the turban mold is put to use (it hasn't ever before, has it?). Great lamp, will a flame piece fit in its mouth?

Pink space girl: Aww, that's the first CMF ever that has had me burst into a bit of a laughter (while at work in a library, mind you!). I think the pinkiness is so overdone that it's obvious it's a sort of an ironic nod towards us AFOLs: "Yes, we know it's VERY PINK, but what can we do when it sells so well? And isn't it cute?" Despite the pinkiness, the torso and leg printings are well designed. New colour of a good hair piece and her smirky expression are great too.

Leprechaun: Great new figure, once again. Nice detailed torso and the pot will be useful in so many ways. I really hope it can be attached to the new bucket handle as I suspect.

Butcher: A solid City figure with a torso and hat that can be used in many different shops. As I don't collect City, the only useful things for me will be the steak and the cleaver, which are both useful for medieval settings too. Great! The head with sideburns is also nice, there hasn't been too many around.

Summa summarum: The grey alien is in my opinion the weakest one of the lot at the moment, and even it might turn out to be quite good if the picture isn't very representative.

Statue of Liberty: Green is a bit strange choice of colour, certainly grey would be more useful for a statue. But kids might think it dull.

Green an odd choice? Really?! :wacko: