Sign in to follow this  
nebraska

650 Ton Coaling Bunker

I actually had this coaling tower in my favourites, from a ho layout I found on the internet, to build myself when I'm doing my layout. Really nicely done dude

Just got of work, checking Eurobricks and this pops up. DROOL!!!

The one irony is modern day 844 (and soon 4014) burn fuel oil, so modeling that would be as exciting as an Octan truck set... But indeed in the 1940s-50s they burned coal, and I have seen many a picture of the FEFs and Big Boys at this coaling tower. And your MOC looks spot on with the pictures!

So now that you got 4014, when is 3985 coming to visit? ;)

Wonderful moc and the shots are by a true master of photography.

Edited by Ex cinno

Just got of work, checking Eurobricks and this pops up. DROOL!!!

The one irony is modern day 844 (and soon 4014) burn fuel oil, so modeling that would be as exciting as an Octan truck set... But indeed in the 1940s-50s they burned coal, and I have seen many a picture of the FEFs and Big Boys at this coaling tower. And your MOC looks spot on with the pictures!

So now that you got 4014, when is 3985 coming to visit? ;)

Thank you. The #3985 is on my to do list. But like with Union Pacific - it's near the bottom of my list.

Wonderful moc and the shots are by a true master of photography.

lol...okay. Thank you. I hope that was sarcasm because I am not "master of photography". It's one of my weaknesses but I'm trying to get better.

Edited by nebraska

Really cool! Coal towers are just so big. I started one near me as well and found it was just gigantic.

... excuse me while I pick my jaw up off of the floor. Excellent wayside structures like this really help make the trains pop (while the highly detailed locomotives do a good job of popping on their own you have gone up to 11). You have made the western counterpart to Cale's eastern coaling tower.

Thank you. The #3985 is on my to do list. But like with Union Pacific - it's near the bottom of my list.

lol...okay. Thank you. I hope that was sarcasm because I am not "master of photography". It's one of my weaknesses but I'm trying to get better.

Not sarcasm at all. Your pictures fully return the atmosphere of a working environment. It seems to hear the sounds and noises of the coaling bunker.

... excuse me while I pick my jaw up off of the floor. Excellent wayside structures like this really help make the trains pop (while the highly detailed locomotives do a good job of popping on their own you have gone up to 11). You have made the western counterpart to Cale's eastern coaling tower.

My thoughts exactly. This is an absolute wonderful build. The level of detail in Lego Town/Rail layouts is just going off the scale and this goes right in line with the work done by our friends in the community.

Great job on the coaling tower.

This is just gorgeos and real life looking. That build must be huge. I love it ! :wub:

Great looking Coal bunker

Really like the way you made it with the support beams and nice effect with the lights.

Thanks for sharing!

All of your creations are looking great! I also liked the lighting, among with all the details that you have placed! Amasing work!