How much can you build a model? Finally, after 16 months (sic) I can show been working on for over a year.

Holmer Terra Dos T3, because of him just mentioned is one of the most advanced agricultural machines created by man. Countless of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical steel wrapped around a big red lump. Incredible machine and doing a great impression especially live.

prod_t3_vorne_01.jpg

It all started three years ago when I wanted to build Ropa Euro Tiger, but it was soon after my return to the blocks and little that my arsenal of Lego was quite poor, that I did not have the proper knowledge to the construction, so the project died. Several months later, after the construction of Bizon Z056 started this model. I thought Bizon has set limits of my patience. But now I can honestly say that Holmer moved them about the whole hectares on :)

For things. By the complexity of the colossus weighing nearly 6 kg construction dragged on to the limit. If it was clean Technic probably end up a lot faster. However, I have chosen a goal that was the best possible dedicated and working Model Team.

dsc_0218a.jpg

Drive:

At the beginning I was hoping that just enough one engine XL , because the model had to weigh 3.5 kg , however, it soon became apparent that if I wanted to Holmer move smoothly even when the ratio 1:12.6 need to throw in another engine. The rear axle drive is located in the backside of the machine tool and the front advancing the rollers inside the machine beets . With this theme , I struggled a little bit but it was the only optimal place that allowed to apply final drives and differential on the front axle . A combine harvester Weight is another major problem when it comes to the drive. The first problem was the torsion rear axle to which it was necessary to design a new final drives ( reworked design Mistekesa ) , which allowed to apply differential in the rear axle and keep the required scale of the width of the combine. The necessary because the roller bearing wheels on the front axle falls 2.4 kg and 3.5 kg for the rear . Here was a necessary need another idea . The point , of course, the wheel PP and their capacity. Normally, about 1 kg does impressions on them but more than 2 kg removes the tire from the rim , so to cure the rear tires had to push the tires of Unimog inside.

Turning:

The turn is carried out in several ways. Rear axle, bolted using a worm gear driven medium. This set is quite strong and can cope with the weight of the machine but generates quite a lot of backlash to the speed at which the machine moves are relatively small problem. The front axle is rigid but right behind her Holmer breaks through two small linear actuators driven medium. This works great and the speed is adjusted accordingly so that the engine does not have a problem with the change of the direction of travel of the combine. These two functions are independent of course hence the turning radius is about 1.3 m, and in addition the machine can move so. "Dog walk" which in practice means that the rear wheels do not move the tracks of the front wheels and combine like going from a slant.

Mechanisms :

Those in the model is a lot, can be divided into two groups: the cleaning section and unloading. To the first belong the spinning roller scraper beets to the throat , driven medium placed under the front axle , in principle, to this day I do not know what a miracle . Another who invent and build it took me half a year the cleaning turbines. None of the concept did not seem satisfactorily until the appearance of this . Each of them consists of 65 items and is probably the best dedicated part of the whole model. All are powered by a built- in medium frame with belts in accordance with the movement of the stars in the original. For elevator drive running around the reservoir responsible for the transport of beets into it. It consists of approximately 100 pieces and is driven together with the worm ; XL motor placed in the backside of the machine. The drive itself is guided to the sprocket drive shaft above the tank , which move the elevator. The next two mechanisms that raise and lower dischage elevator . Behind this activity is responsible for working medium with gear and toothed rack . This works very nicely and is virtually invisible, what I cared about . The tape drive motor is realized in the medium located in the backside . Tapes are connected by transmission and work at one time. Finally , the mechanism of the switch that turns the entire machine in time " digging " . Switch switches the motor on medium with ratchet . Also located in the rear of the machine

Pictures:

dsc_0218a.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0223.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0225.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0230.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0233.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0234.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0240.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0281.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0289.jpg_thumb.jpg h-cleaning_unit.jpg_thumb.jpg hr_lifter.jpg_thumb.jpg steering.jpg_thumb.jpg schemat.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery:

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=537787

Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...otos/eric_trax/

Well, the movie. It seems to me that the model deserves a better movie but no I'm not a movie director and went like this:

Edited by eric trax

Superb! Looks like the real thing. I would love to see the internals, motors set up etc. You have done a great job.

H

Stunning!

I'm looking at the pics with my iPhone and having a hard time to tell if it is Lego or the real thing!

It must have been a real challenge planing, organizing buying parts and actual building!

Very well done!

Very impressive MOC! I just cannot imagine how is it possible to design and implement such functions. No wonder it took 16 months.

Not from this planet....really nice work..I am wondering how did you build this one from photo's or...?

Fantastic design, so much hard work has gone into this. There is another thread today asking why Technic went studless - I think this model is good example of an answer. So realistic.

Very awesome! I think you did a great job on the video as well. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm not a fan of farming machines as well, but this is just too good.

Any chance of some pics of the insides? :grin::tongue:

Thanks for all the comments :)

Not from this planet....really nice work..I am wondering how did you build this one from photo's or...?

The network is available some photos of this machine. In addition, also helped the brochures from the manufacturer.

Yeah. So, this is insane. Bravo. I'll buy the plans. Are you going to sell any?

Highly doubt it. Building plans for this MOC would take a very long time.

Any chance of some pics of the insides? :grin::tongue:

I have these pictures, but if you are interested in specific things write I will try to do a few more. (Note high resolution)

dsc_0280.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0288.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0289.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0290.jpg_thumb.jpg

and I found some pictures of the WIP project:

14102012479.jpg_thumb.jpg 18032013600.jpg_thumb.jpg 18032013601.jpg_thumb.jpg 21102012480.jpg_thumb.jpg 28102012505.jpg_thumb.jpg 31032013612.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0064.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0066.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0072.jpg_thumb.jpg 11112012514.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by eric trax

Great MOC. It drives really smoothly for such a heavy MOC.

Very nice finish too. A very good blend of technic and system.

Well done indeed.

Congrats for an epic build.

I'm curious though as to who 'first' used the 2L rubber liftarm as a track element. I though it was mahjqa, and since then prices have gone up on bricklink. Anyone knows for sure?