Kai NRG

[WZ4:H9 - Ulandus] The Race You'd Want to Lose!

Sir A. Liddel Studd,

To the Most Honorable, Magnificent, Exalted, etc., etc., Lord First Centurion,

Greetings! I write to inform Your Highness of the completion of our treaty with Lord Abrim Kar’dani. As you well know, he has challenged all factions to a mass melee, in which I – solicitous as always for the rights of Ulandus, the unity of Kaliphlin, and the glory of Your Most Honorable Highness – resolved at once to take a part. As the battle progressed, it became very evident that the essential point of all was a small tower – perhaps a shrine, at all events with heavy Eastern Kaliphlin influences. The three factions were closing around this tower, and almost at the same moment all realized that it was the key to the Lonely Mountain, to a treaty with Lord Kar’dani, and perhaps even – who knows? the fortune of war is often strange – the conquest of Kaliphlin. In a flash the warriors from each side began a race toward the tower. I am reminded of my childhood, when I played king of the mountain with my brother – my long lost brother! But I will not sully this document with my own reminisces, except so far as to thank you again for all you have done in that respect upon my behalf, and to once again assure you that my loyalty is now, as ever, always with Your Highness and the island of Ulandus!

To return to the battle. Three of us – as destiny or fate would have it – outstripped the rest. The first was a High Council partisan – poor, misguided folk. Them – and him – I can afford to pity. The second was a supporter of the Desert King, as his mummy costume made clear. The third was your humble and devoted servant. We reached the tower in that order, and as they reached it the other two began to climb. I had just arrived at the foot when a strange hissing sound caused the air to vibrate, and a lurid glow flashed out on the horizon, rivalling the sun itself in brightness. The next instant a fireball reached the top of the tower, knocking down the higher sections and setting the rest aflame. The poor High Council man and the mummy were to be seen no more, and their respective teams, demoralized at the sudden catastrophe, left the field in disorder. Of the rest I have little to say, save that we speedily finalized and signed a treaty with Lord Kar’dani, which treaty I have enclosed in this dispatch.

Wishing you all health and success,

Your most humble, devoted, loyal, etc., etc., servant,

Sir A. Liddel Studd

16337282243_80742e41c8_z.jpg

16771156319_147ae67d8f_z.jpg

Fi-yah!

16956429371_d91010638a_z.jpg

Yeah, when I said you need to think height when it comes to 8x8s... I meant it! :grin: Comments are welcome! As you may imagine, I had a deal of fun with the fire ball... :wub::laugh:

Thanks for checking it out!

Great idea. Love the pagoda and the fireball!

:thumbup:

Edited by robuko

Nice fireball, though the importance of the tower might yet be undermined... great job anyhow!

Beautiful fireball! Nice SNOT design there and the trailing flames look great!

I also like the letter you've written, I can see the effort you put into that. Great work! :thumbup:

What a fantastic and lively entry Kai, awesome work! That fireball is brilliant! :thumbup:

Edited by MassEditor

Thanks guys!

Beautiful fireball! Nice SNOT design there and the trailing flames look great!

I also like the letter you've written, I can see the effort you put into that. Great work! :thumbup:

I'm not sure I put a whole ton of effort into the letter, but thanks! :grin:

Fantastic build Kai, excellent job on the shrine and fireball! :wink: Excellent rocks and fig posing as well! :thumbup:

The fire ball is simply amazing. Love how you showed that the battle field near a volcano isn't a play ground.