That's what I ment - real truck trial! None of these in the US??? Surprising indeed.

Not that I can find. There are off-road competitions with SUVs or dune buggies, but nothing like these big 8x8 trucks. We do have monster truck rallies and tractor pulling though!

It also appears that these competitions are concentrated in Eastern Europe, not Western Europe. I am sure this is related to environmental regulation or lack thereof.

Funny to see those Tatras descending backwards, I guess this is because of the overhanging cabin? Damn, those suspensions really take a beating.

It also appears that these competitions are concentrated in Eastern Europe, not Western Europe. I am sure this is related to environmental regulation or lack thereof.

I believe you're right. Almost every bit of land in our country is regulated by "natura2000", and we're not even as near the western Europe as we like to think we are... Hear this, our environmetalists achieved prohibition of offroad cycling!!! Soon, farting in the woods will be illegal!

(Sorry, I got carried away a bit, and I am not even a mountain biker :-P)

Don't get me wrong, I care about the environment, I do, but some things just don't make sense (some OT-ing here, I apologise)

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Yep, he's really pulling in the views with his amazing MOCs.

Haven't seen Jurgen around for a while, hopefully he's working on something awesome.

Edited by jantjeuh

Yeah, sometimes we take the fact those builders will keep on building for granted but there is other life out there too, and sometimes it takes over...

Let's hope he's on to some great build :)

I believe you're right. Almost every bit of land in our country is regulated by "natura2000", and we're not even as near the western Europe as we like to think we are... Hear this, our environmetalists achieved prohibition of offroad cycling!!! Soon, farting in the woods will be illegal!

(Sorry, I got carried away a bit, and I am not even a mountain biker :-P)

Don't get me wrong, I care about the environment, I do, but some things just don't make sense (some OT-ing here, I apologise)

What since when!? I love mt biking!

Well I guess I was overreacting a bit - it is a proposed law, waiting to get accepted. It proposes cycling only on designated roads and paths. There are penalties up to 2k€, if the proposal passes...try google it, there are many articles about it.

* and farting in the woods!

jantjeuh, is there anything that says freedom more than this? :grin:

Edited by MajklSpajkl

I've finally started building this MOC (had to break down some of my other sets first), and I'm only on page 66 (out of 238), but already EXTREMELY impressed with the build quality so far. Anyone who calls himself a Technic fan must build this beauty.

Finished some renders of the Tatra. I love this thing. I have been watching videos of truck trials in Europe and wish we had such a thing here in the USA.

Cool renders! I like it!

Not that I can find. There are off-road competitions with SUVs or dune buggies, but nothing like these big 8x8 trucks. We do have monster truck rallies and tractor pulling though!

You can't drive a skyline in America, nevermind one of these. :P

I've finished building this awesome Tatra and I must say it's easily the best Technic MOC I've ever built. It's ridiculously large and extremely powerful, and looks good too. It boggles my mind how Madoca managed to make something so heavy and complex, and still have it perform so well with the PF system. Highly recommended for any Technic fan!

This deserves to be frontpaged for an entire week.

Edited by jantjeuh

I agree with the high praise. Here is a photo of my finished model. I can't believe how well it works despite the weight. I've added some aftermarket tires called "USSR Military Tires" which seemed just perfect. The Unimog tires are too wide and flat and the tread is not right. I used gray wheels which do not look as good as black, but I already had them so I couldn't justify buying more.

800x532.jpg

Finished the CAD today, and finished ordering parts to build the model last night. I hope to build it next weekend.

What CAD software do you use in creating models. LDD seems very limited. Thanks

He uses LDraw. I don't know exactly which software he uses (there are several LDraw cad programs), but's it's probably MLCad or SR3D Builder.

Although, I can recommend LDCad too (but it's not the most easy to learn one...) :classic:

He uses LDraw. I don't know exactly which software he uses (there are several LDraw cad programs), but's it's probably MLCad or SR3D Builder.

Although, I can recommend LDCad too (but it's not the most easy to learn one...) :classic:

I like the LDD interface.. you can also rotate the model in solid state and not in wireframe. The problem is its hard to connect bricks and pieces in weird angles. Power functions are a problem also. Tried the MLcad also (just tried for a while) but when I rotate it its in wireframe mode and in 4 views. Maybe its a setting problem and I don't know how to fix it. I miss my old job and the only thing I could have that feel is to make Lego models and play with it.

Are you using LDcad legolijntje?

I like the LDD interface.. you can also rotate the model in solid state and not in wireframe. The problem is its hard to connect bricks and pieces in weird angles. Power functions are a problem also. Tried the MLcad also (just tried for a while) but when I rotate it its in wireframe mode and in 4 views. Maybe its a setting problem and I don't know how to fix it. I miss my old job and the only thing I could have that feel is to make Lego models and play with it.

Are you using LDcad legolijntje?

Well, MLcad is indeed very outdated and very difficult to build (especially with Technic). SR3D Builder is like a combination between the advanced features and huge part library LDraw has to offer and the easiness of building of LDD. It also has automatic part snapping like in LDD. SR3D Builder is also very optimized for Technic, with (simple) animation and rotating gears and stuff like that. However, sadly, the developer of SR3D Builder (Sergio) passed away a few weeks ago. Although, it still works amazingly, it probably won't be updated anymore since it was closed source.

So, I recently started to try out LDCad. It's a little more difficult to learn than SR3D Builder (and a little less intuitive) but as you build a few hours with it, you start to find it a lot easier. And, the developer is updating the application very regulary with new or optimized features.

If you have any more questions or you want help with either LDraw or LDD. You can post that in this EB subforum :wink:

I've finally started building this MOC (had to break down some of my other sets first), and I'm only on page 66 (out of 238), but already EXTREMELY impressed with the build quality so far. Anyone who calls himself a Technic fan must build this beauty.

It's the first thing that I will do just end up my tractor truck instructions.... I have almost all the parts, but many of them are used on the truck.

Funny thing is, I have to break down the Tatra to help testing your awesome tractor truck. I'm sure it will be worth it :wink:

I use MLCAD. I can create with this tool far more quickly than any of the others, although much of this is just due to my vast experience with it.

However, sadly, the developer of SR3D Builder (Sergio) passed away a few weeks ago.

:oh3::distressed: I did not know that! This is terrible news. He was a leader in the community.

Hi! Very nice Tatra, especially the idea with suspension, which is not holding on the axle. +1 for that

Its so good to see an european truck built by you from Japan :)

But, as everyone said only good things, I need to say some negatives about your model:

Real Tatra is much lower - especially between the cabin and wheels - This looks more like a mix of T815 a T813

Maybe It is beacause of using portal hubs, which are not used in 813.

The suspension is not made like that, I suppose you know that, but if you use the solution closer to the real 813 like this :

It will be much simpler and you save a lot of space to hold'n'mount the Shock absorbers. The red "spring" does not have to work as a spring, but as a bridge.

[img=https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqv38OUKzSYQ-7lpCI9DY8-un1j1rCSLB7S4u-vz6AtAPokkbcyg]

However, from what I saw from the pictures, you used something like this:

[img=http://tatra.webz.cz/web/per_z_KF_lehky_n.gif]

This solution is used only on lighter trucks and most of the time on the front axle in 6x6.

Also, the last thing is the centre of the wheel - It rips my eyes, seeing such a good tatra with so ugly wheels. The unimog tires are not perfect, however, if you improve it with 6L dish + 3L pulley or something to hide the holes + 3 liftarm

It will look much better.

[img=http://www.bricklink.com/PL/45729pb05.jpg]

[img=http://img.bricklink.com/P/85/4185.jpg]

[img=http://www.bricklink.com/PL/6632.jpg?0]

Hope this reply does not seem as I hate this model, damn, I LOVE IT! Greetings from Denmark/Czech :)

I know it was asked a few pages before, but couldn't find an answer.

Will it work also with the standard receiver ( I don't have V2).

Thanks