Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

Purple or pink would be a bad marketing move for LEGO, since boys are going to associate that with LEGO Friends, and stay away from the CMFs. But it could have the Cool Yellow color like the GG's hair.

Purple, pink and lavender are colors of the Friends theme, so I don't think we'll get those colors in the CMF.

Purple bags would be pretty cool, though

Funny, I just looked at this thread again wondering what color it will be so that I can build my display stand (the Series 11 have been waiting for almost a year!). Sadly... we still don't know?

If it's yellow, can someone post a link to the pictures from the show where they were shown? Yellow is good because I have a lot of it, but sad if it's a repeat.

Funny, I just looked at this thread again wondering what color it will be so that I can build my display stand (the Series 11 have been waiting for almost a year!). Sadly... we still don't know?

If it's yellow, can someone post a link to the pictures from the show where they were shown? Yellow is good because I have a lot of it, but sad if it's a repeat.

The place holder box was grey, i thought that meant something (as it did for series 11).

I know it's been mentioned, but I can't find the answer: do we have a confirmed date for availability of this series?

Purple, pink and lavender are colors of the Friends theme, so I don't think we'll get those colors in the CMF.Purple bags would be pretty cool, though

Uh.... that only happens when that theme also gets a CMF series (which I'd definitely support), also Simpsons did use "blue" but in a lighter shade. We've obviously seen many generic themes with yellow packages.

The Simpson's blue is Simpson's Sky Blue... it seemed a perfect match for the Simpons. I used medium blue to build the display stand for them, and think it worked quite well.

Series 11 was green, and they've also used lime green, they've used two blues. The series could be yellow again, but there's at least three variations of yellow, I think (I'm looking at my incomplete 2x4 color "palette" I've been putting together)... Light Yellow, Bright Light Yellow, and Yellow (based on Bricklink color names).

While on the subject, I don't think packet color really influences anyone... I mean, I'm sure it does, in some way, but I think anybody buying is likely to know what figures are available (usually pictured right there on the display box) and know they want some figure(s). It might affect impulse buys, especially when someone is considering it for a gift (because they don't know better). I think I will stop the "serious" collecting after this series, and the only reason I want all of these is so I can build one last complete 2 set display (all the numbered series, I did not collect all the Movie ones, and the Simpsons got their own display). I am hoping it's a color that will not cost a fortune. Already I've had to live with just gray for Series 9 and 10 (silver and gold).

Edited by fred67

So, I held off writing my opinions, since it takes up some time and was hoping for a better pic (surprised the first page still isnt updated with the one we have), but I couldnt resist:

- Hun: Probably my favorite fig of this series. Still, not liking the straight sword – I was hoping for a new scimitar/sabre mold, which was, after all, preferred over straight swords by cavalrymen. I actually expected a bow and quiver (in dark brown, perhaps). And I didnt know Huns were stereotyped as wearing horned helmets? Not complaining, the helmets are nice, also good for Warcraft style orcs.

- Gamer: Not my cup of tea, but nice to see the short sleeves taking off, as well as alternate colors of the hair-with-earphones.

- Genie girl: Nice, also for a normal female. Though like many, I too expected some shade of pink. And I hoped the lamp would be a new color. Her hair seems to be a blond version of the dino huntress hair?

- Prospector: Not that bland as I first thought. I was hoping for a more dirty/worn look, and maybe a scarecrow hat recolor. Nice to have the Wiley Fusebot beard recolor, but I would have preferred the look of the prospector from TLM. And Im a bit disappointed he doesnt have another accessory, like a gold crystal or dynamite. But otherwise a good fig.

- Lifeguard: OK. What I and everybody excpected. Could be good for the bare torso. Cool shades, too. But not really interested.

- Rocker: Meh. Would have preferred an Elvis-style rocker with a normal acoustic guitar. Not interested.

- Wizard: OK. While its nice to get a traditional wizard with robes instead of legs and a more stereotypical hat, Im not as excited as some (despite preferring historical/fantasy figs) since I didnt mind the way wizards are done until now. Shame the beard isnt in white, and he doesnt have some new magical scroll tile or chemist erlenmeyer flask in a new color.

- Swashbuckler: Nice. Been hoping for a flamboyant „Errol Flynn“ pirate. I especially appreciate the hat recolor. Not a fan of gold weapons; it reduces army-building potential.

- Dino hunter: OK. Strange concept. But a nice complement to the Dino line or the UA line as a Toxikita henchwoman. And, as I said, nice to see more short sleeves, side leg printing, and the olympic bow too, I guess. Im interested to see what the hair looks like from the back (bun, pigtail or ponytail?). A useful fig for parts, now that I think about it.

- Jester: OK, I guess. Would have preffered more primary colors. Or, even better, a harlequin-style fig (maybe next time!). Waiting to get a good look at the joker tile. So, is the orange the same as on Wolverine or the forest firemen? I really like that color.

- Space miner: Interesting concept, meh execution. I really hoped for the helmet in pearl gold or copper/bronze. And the tool, while original, doesnt look very miner-ish. Maybe if it was attached to this piece (and the drill/unicorn piece itself could have been in a trans color, like the ice planet saw?). I wonder what markings the armor will have.

- Princess: Why not. Im Interested in seeing the back of the hennin & hair. Funny (and useful) accessory.

- Battle goddess: Cool fig, but less army-building potential that I hoped. This is one fig where I would have liked the helmet without hair. I wonder if the plume is detachable and interchangeable with the centurion. And the spear (another golden weapon!) reused from the warrior woman / Amazon – they could have tried something new, like a gold shaft and an metallic tip. The sandal print looks good, but for it to work on other figs, Ill have to know whats under her skirt...

- Spooky girl: Interesting, but not really for me. Shame about the spider on the torso, but it does give her character. The hairpiece is the best part about her, IMO.

- Pig suit guy: Not interested in these characters. A nice accessory might have swayed me, but as I wrote before, the Apple wont cut it.

- Pizza boy: OK. The box tile is neat, but i didnt think the pizza needed an update. But why not. Otherwise, pretty bland fig.

Eagerly waiting for WhiteFangs review, as well as news of future series.

Edited by Ardelon

The Dino Tracker's hairpiece has a long ponytail down the back, like Padme's hairpiece. I still think that the Genie's hair is the Sumo bun, since they look subtly different from the front. I hope I'm wrong, though. The Jester does indeed use Chima orange. And the Goddess's plume should be the same as the Roman Commander's.

So, I held off writing my opinions, since it takes up some time and was hoping for a better pic (surprised the first page still isnt updated with the one we have), but I couldnt resist (...)

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Purple or pink would be a bad marketing move for LEGO, since boys are going to associate that with LEGO Friends, and stay away from the CMFs. But it could have the Cool Yellow color like the GG's hair. The Dino Tracker's hairpiece has a long ponytail down the back, like Padme's hairpiece.

I think that sounds inappropriate. We don't enforce boys or certain customers to buy a certain product, but we shoudln't indicate that "LEGO Friends and any other girly things are NOT LEGO" no matter whether that reason is direct or indirect. Also, after all there have been several girly CMFs, which is a fact and isn't doing with the packages or advertising.

I did wonder why TLG wouldn't just have used Padme's hairpiece in a different color. Is that hairstyle licensed, or the new hairpiece is closer to another reference?

I could see where using pink and purple for the CMF bags could cause some confusion. ALL the packaging in the Friends line is pink and purple, even the poly bags. Adults can tell the difference, but maybe not an excited little kid that sees the CMF pink and purple bag and thinks, "Yay! Another Friends polybag!" or whatever. The unsuspecting adult making the purchase thinks nothing of it, and then the kid arrives home to find it's not a Friends set after all. Then the shite hits the proverbial fan.

Or some similar scenario. Hell, I'd buy CMF's no matter what color bag in which they come packaged. But I can understand why Lego may not use pink or purple.

This is how the Wizard's cape looks in the MMO

14998372701_efc501aa1f_o.png

Edited by Robert8

Personally I think it would be a good move to have CMF in pink or purple packaging. God knows we need to break down some of the preconceptions of colour/gender, and since this is a repeated 'issue' around Lego at the moment - why not? I think it would be about the quality if the images on the package (and to an extent which figures are featured) as to how well it would work. But that's a design challenge, not an issue of background colour.

Wasn't the TMNT series in purple packaging (before the movie-based sets)?

Yup.

If his cape was truly in the "Vitruvius-cape" style, I would think he's perfect. But I doubt it for a CMF.

So there is a hood with the cape?
"Yay! Another Friends polybag!" or whatever. The unsuspecting adult making the purchase thinks nothing of it, and then the kid arrives home to find it's not a Friends set after all.

Obviously you never bought any Mixels polybag. :tongue: But it's nice to know that CMF Friends series could excite many FOLs.

I did wonder why TLG wouldn't just have used Padme's hairpiece in a different color. Is that hairstyle licensed, or the new hairpiece is closer to another reference?

I'm assuming they created it for something licensed and then are using it here to get their money's worth similar to the forest maiden's hair being used in the CMF shortly before being revealed as Endor Leia's hair. I'm halfway assuming this is probably something for Leia or Padme as it's definitely in their style. But until we actually see what the back of it looks like I can't really tell for sure.

Edited by strangely