Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

They look great, I like that some of the figures have arm printing however my favourite two by far are the wizard and battle goddess, some really nice new moulds are included with these figures. :classic:

These look great! For some reason, I think of Unitron and Power Miners when I see that Miner. Must buy, these might just get me interested in CMFs again.

These look good- I want them all! This series just seems a little... odd. Loads of historical minifigures. Maybe they're trying to make up for the last two series being all modern. These are great but perhaps too... individual. I can't imagine army building any of them. But theat Battle Goddess :excited:

Those six are really cool......the gamer is going to be handy for city MOCs......I can't wait to see the other ten ! :grin:

Dino Tracker, eh? First thing I thought of was Zombie Hunter when I saw her. Kind of a female Daryl Dixon vibe... I figured the syringe was some kind of antidote. :)

With the green syringe, the Dino Tracker seems to be an homage or extension of the 2012 Dino line. This fig just seems to be a bit of a reach. It's just so vague... We said since the very beginning that if and when the CMF series becomes a bunch of figs that need explanations & back stories, then it's probably reached the end of the line.... this is just a random aberration, I think-- the rest of the figs are pretty great, really.

I still think there's just too much attention being given to the Greco-Roman era in the CMF line that leads me to believe a full-fledged theme is being pushed and/or considered in R&D. Too many new parts, and SOOOOO much potential. *Fingers Crossed*

I like the Swashbuckler, though I think his shirt looks a bit silly to be open all the way down to his belt buckle... but I'm glad to see the hat and épée in different colours. He will be the adventurer of my Pirate theme, not aligned with any other faction, except perhaps the hearts of the ladies...

The others are okay, though I didn't immediately understand what the 'Dino Tracker' was supposed to be, which makes her a bit of a fail. The fact that no dinosaurs are currently available... also not that great. Though I'm sure her parts could be used for other things. Is she supposed to be able to shoot syringes from her bow? I don't get it.

I am glad the 'normal' minifigures are back, can't wait for October to come! The dino tracker and the battle goddess are stunning.

Anybody notice the BROWN short sleeves and the MULTI - COLORED sleeves of the gamer? Just more evidence that the short sleeves will live on.

These look cool, battle goddess fig is something to search for.

Hmm probably will be textile but we will see.

It looks like plastic to me. Sweet.

Liking the gamer quite a bit, though I feel like they could have printed another tile to look like a game console. The Dino Tracker is interesting, printing on the side of her legs. Also if I'm not mistaken she has a new hairpiece. I do hope this means that a new dino theme may pop up at some point. Perhaps Lego will try to cash in on Jurassic Park next year by creating it's own dino themed sets.

Liking the gamer quite a bit, though I feel like they could have printed another tile to look like a game console. The Dino Tracker is interesting, printing on the side of her legs. Also if I'm not mistaken she has a new hairpiece.

I think it is this one here.

Edit: No on closer inspection it isn't. It does look like it's new, I can't find anything else like it on Bricklink.

Edited by David Thomsen

Battle Goddess is just amazing.

Considering the dino-huntress, i must say the legs and torso would quite fit in a jungle environment, either in a war-like scene or an exploring scene. That said, I reckon there's not much "dino-ish" in there (except if they added a mini-dino of sort, which is not on the picture...)

Interesting range so far, though the Dino Tracker falls massively short of expectations IMO. The Swashbuckler is also unsurprisingly generic, and frankly the Video Game Guy isn't much better. The Space Miner is pretty good, especially with his new helmet mould. The highlights so far are obviously the Wizard and Battle Goddess though; they are truly excellent minifigures. Let's hope the rest are of a high quality like that as well rather than being disappointing.

That Dino Tracker sure has some winks at the Hunger Games.

That's exactly what I thought! I interpreted the figure as a Lego version of Katniss, but without the official license.

These are great! An original wizard with a new hat and a different beard (perfectly Merlin-esque), and the Battle Goddess is amazingly done as well, but I'm still not quite sure how to feel about her, The Dino Tracker's hair might be interesting, an apparent style combination of the bun and Padme's hair (I also thought of Katniss, and Dino Tracker may be an inaccurate translation), and the space miner looks like some bizarre Mars Mission and Galaxy Squad mashup. The Swashbuckler doesn't interest me except for that hat in brown, and the Gamer Guy looks a little bland, but okay.

And unfortunately, we can't judge the skirt based on the renders. Most of the time, it doesn't look overly cloth-like but it turns out to be. The only time LEGO has done a plastic skirt-like piece was for the Mandalorian leg armor.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I am honestly a wee bit disappointed. Out of those 6 the only one I would consider getting is the Gamer dude, and maybe the Godess Warrior if I was going to do a Lego opera. Nice touch though with the printed toes :classic: Partswise only the Space Miners helmet and the printed arms are interesting to me.

The rest of the figures just don't seem interesting to me, and it seems like they are running out of ideas. When I first saw the Dino Tracker I had no idea what she was supposed to be, an Amazon Nurse maybe... I just don't see anything new in them, or anything that would make me think "I want that one!", but i guess taste is different, what a boring place the world would be if we all liked the same :classic:

I still think there's just too much attention being given to the Greco-Roman era in the CMF line that leads me to believe a full-fledged theme is being pushed and/or considered in R&D. Too many new parts, and SOOOOO much potential. *Fingers Crossed*

God I hope so, if nothing else it probably would bring the price of the existing MFs down.

I peronally love the battle goddess, the new shield and headgear look anazing. I hope these will be one of the more common MFs.

As for the rest, I'm not that fussed, though the swashbuckler looks quite nice.

Wow! I'm so happy that we are back to the normal minifigure series, and with style as well! :thumbup:

The Battle Goddess is amazing, everything I could've wished for. I really like the take on the Wizard as well, cool design. The rest is great as well in terms of parts, although I doubt I will use the complete minifigs much. The dark brown hat from the Swachbuckler, the hair piece and printed legs from the Dino Tracker, and the two colored arms of the Gamer. The Space Miner looks cool as well, I like that armor a lot so it's good to get it in more quantities.

I'm really looking forward to see the rest!

My two cents:

Space Miner? - Eh.

Wizard - Presents a different type of wizard well enough. Not bad.

Dino Tracker - Oh goodie, this means more females than expected! :3 Other than that, ho-hum. Looks like it could fit in with the last Dino theme, though.

Battle Goddess - Ah, it's Greek. Looks like it accurately represents its subject matter.

Swashbuckler - Looks like an accurate and well cone representation of its subject matter.

Video Game Guy - Just a 1x2 tile and reused headphones headpiece. Bah.

That Battle Goddess sure looks awesome! Like the shield! I bet she'll be the rarest 'fig in the series. Liking the Swashbuckler too and the Katniss Dino Tracker. Not sure about the Wizard though.