The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

If they make the soccer table a fully playable table with a full set of players (using minifigs as the players and matching the relative proportions of a real soccer table) then that could end up being a more expensive one.

If they do go that way, I just hope they include multiple balls so people have spares in case they go missing...

Edited by jonwil

Anyone know if projects from the Dune universe are allowed on ideas?

I suspect that given the universe revolves around the harvesting of a highly addictive mind-altering drug and rather violent conflicts over who gets to control that drug, the answer is no.

42 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I suspect that given the universe revolves around the harvesting of a highly addictive mind-altering drug and rather violent conflicts over who gets to control that drug, the answer is no.

Worded like that, it sounds like a no to me. :laugh:

Lego has no problem with violent conflicts over drugs if sets 1687 and 6563 are any indication.   That alligator is there to dispose of people who get too snoopy.

Edited by CopperTablet

On 12/6/2021 at 3:34 AM, jonwil said:

I guess you'd have to make Alia out of Lepin bricks.

Hey, I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS with Sonic release to @toastergrl

This a super nostalgic set that makes me wanna grab my old Sega from parent's house nd play some stuff! I love how bright this set is. I am not a hardcore Sonic fan so it doesn't really matter whether it's Sonic Mania or not, I just really like the look.

P.S. Viv, do you remember me saying it's going to be approved on this forum? :)

Thank you very much @adwind!! It is a tremendous excitement for sure, even with the shift in focus. I do remember you saying that - I should have trusted you in that moment rather than kept on worrying about it :P

I hope everyone enjoys 21331 as it is released ^u^

1 hour ago, toastergrl said:

Thank you very much @adwind!! It is a tremendous excitement for sure, even with the shift in focus. I do remember you saying that - I should have trusted you in that moment rather than kept on worrying about it :P

It's fabulous. I hope that you're happy with the final execution. Well done on everything towards it. And I look forward to your alternate options too, if you have time.

21 hours ago, toastergrl said:

Congrats, must be very exciting to see your idea manifest into a set, especially now that it's about to hit shelves :sweet: I've never played a Sonic game in my life (unless Smash Bros counts?), but I'm still looking forward to the set very much :thumbup:

1 hour ago, toastergrl said:

Thank you both, @RichardGoring and @BrickBob Studpants. As the former mentioned I will be sharing alternate builds ala the original pitch's second model some time in January, when I get the opportunity to put instructions together, and will make sure to note them here.

Have a great time tonight and Happy New Year!

Sonic has just released, and a day later the Globe has leaked. It's tried to be more realistic than the original, with real life continental coloring, which I think I prefer to the all green. If it's $200 as predicted then it might feel expensive, but the official images and reviews generally make things look better. Looking forward to seeing it launched.

The Globe is very good-looking, it reminds me of the Typewriter in that it is a life-size (or near life-size) replica of a real-world object. I am rather surprised by the rumored 200$ price point, though, but we'll see how many pieces it has when it is revealed. The catalogue says it's a February release - two LEGO Ideas sets two months in a row, then. I wonder what the next two sets, 21333 and 21334 will be.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Cant wait until someone makes a flat version of this set

I laughed so hard! :) 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:34 AM, jonwil said:

Harvesting mind altering drugs and violent conflict. Ummm that same description fits Lego's Chime IP. 

2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

Harvesting mind altering drugs and violent conflict. Ummm that same description fits Lego's Chima IP. 

I thought that was referring to Nexo Knights instead; with all those Nexo Powers 😉😄

Edited by BrickDesignerNL

I’m not sure about the globe so far.
I generally like the objects sets, such as typewriter or the shoe, but this doesn’t seem to work for me somehow.

There is no mechanism like the typewriter to replicate, and it lacks ( for me) the weirdness of a Lego shoe.
it doesn’t seem detailed enough to be used as a proper globe for geography either, which would have made it a useful and fun set for kids.

Taking a better look at the Earth Globe, could it be that the continent name plates are shown glowing in the dimly-lit picture because those 2x4 rounded tiles are glow-in-the-dark pieces? They do have a bit of a greenish glow to them, so I'm guessing that could very well be the case.

A very nice detail for nighttime displays.

So far ideas looks to have no big-hitter non-licensed minifig set like the (Tree House 2019 , Pirates 2020, Castle 2021) , but there's still the 90th anniversary set to consider for this year.

What I mean is this year for me so far, doesnt have a "must-have" to me like barracuda bay or medieval blacksmith ticked some big boxes that also synced with the later 3-in-1 sets of the same years.

Not trying to degrade the current approved / soon to be produced 2022 Ideas, and still very interested to see the final results/reviews of both the sets and upcoming 10000 voters.

• Sonic / Office  have a lot of fans.
  • Starry Night will be the LEGO-fied version of an official painting as a set (outside of pixel-style DOTS and mosaics)
  • Globe looks to be an interesting concept / object so far , and the recolored continents look quite a lot fresher compared to the original, I'll consider this the "typewriter/piano" category of set.
  • Lighthouse, will be the one I'm very interested to see the final design for, both the final scale, and to see where the focus will be on the "motorized" , or manual function, with optional electronics like the piano.
Edited by TeriXeri

Lately I have lost some interest in Ideas.

1. There are so many people voting there now so do not fell that my vote matter that much anyway, if the set is good enough it will probably make it without my help.
  2. A huge amount of sets make it to 10000 and still only 1-2 get picked so the chance is a lot smaller now for a set to make it beyond that point.
  3. Previously there was some categories like "space" that got a lot of sets, now it is TV-shows and objects that get them that I have no interest in. That is fine, however a theme like Pirates or Castle have gotten one set each and now it seem impossible to get any more in those categories no matter how many submission they get and how good they are :sceptic:

Well, speaking of categories,

Even though i quit playing with bricks for some time now, i still like to see what's going on, and i'm still amazed that there's never been a Zoo categorie.
One in which you can have a big starting set, and some medium and smaller sets to extend your Zoo. Let alone a huge exclusive set with all kinds of species in it...
Or would a Zoo be a kind of moral/political thingy?

Cheers, JJ.

I'm in the same boat. There's no excitement to any set making it when there's but a slim chance of it becoming an actual set. I'd sooner have the requirement be a bajillion votes but they actually have to make some version of the set, unless there's a real reason not to.

11 minutes ago, Merlo said:

I'm in the same boat. There's no excitement to any set making it when there's but a slim chance of it becoming an actual set. I'd sooner have the requirement be a bajillion votes but they actually have to make some version of the set, unless there's a real reason not to.

I can definitely see your point, but the issue for Lego is that votes don't mean purchases. And it's far easier to get something voted through now that no one would ever buy. For example, Ashnflash had, with the greatest respect, a terrible set voted through, because he has so many followers and an active content channel. They will happily vote for it, based on his great content, but the set was a poor idea, would be difficult to implement, and wouldn't look great or work well.

MandRproductions could do the same thing. He's said that he's not great at MOCs, but he could throw something crappy together and easily get loads of votes. Doesn't mean anyone would buy it.

Having said that, I would love the Bricklink Designer Program to continue. The designers have to make sure the product is viable, so it's not just a simple popularity contest. And it's crowd funded, rather than just votes, so they know it will be successful. That seems like a very sensible way to get all the great Ideas sets that we won't get officially.